Johnny football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm not a huge college football fan so yesterday was the first time I ever saw the guy play,my impression, that is not an NFL arm.
He's accurate as hell, but the throws I saw him make IMO NFL caliber DB's will eat alive,they stayed in the air too long, I didn't see him drive the ball the way Sam can.
Am I wrong or is this how others see him too?

I also saw Clowney play ,or at least I saw the offense run away from him.
He's NFL ready right now,if he got mononucleosis and didn't play the rest of the year he'd still be a top 3 pick next year and could avoid the hits he takes stumbling over piles of people fleeing from him.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I agree with both your assessments! If he's eligible, some team will draft Manziel early because they're in need. Clowney is for real!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Manziel is a killer playing college ball, but I'm not sure how his game will translate. He looks too short and he won't be able to run like that and survive in the pros. His throwing mechanics are terrible. He also did a kaeperdick during the game,,, that shit's gotta hurt any chance he might of had.

Somebody will take a shot on him though. Not in the first round I wouldn't think, but maybe higher than I might imagine.

If A&M had a defense they would have won that game yesterday.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Thordaddy said:
I'm not a huge college football fan so yesterday was the first time I ever saw the guy play,my impression, that is not an NFL arm.
He's accurate as hell, but the throws I saw him make IMO NFL caliber DB's will eat alive,they stayed in the air too long, I didn't see him drive the ball the way Sam can.
Am I wrong or is this how others see him too?

I also saw Clowney play ,or at least I saw the offense run away from him.
He's NFL ready right now,if he got mononucleosis and didn't play the rest of the year he'd still be a top 3 pick next year and could avoid the hits he takes stumbling over piles of people fleeing from him.
I pretty much agree with both of these. Johnny football just doesn't have a strong enough arm. He's also short. I don't know why he's so eager to leave college, because I don't think he'll be a first round pick.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah ,I can see someone drafting Manziel for the pub paying him big and struggling for years trying to make it work because they think the read option is the future and really if he lasted till the second round I could see Washington or Seattle or San Fran or some team looking for a backup custom made to keep the RO going once the inevitable QB injury happens. Maybe Philly to replace Vick.
HOWEVER as long as there is a Luck or a Bradford or Manning or a Brady type available ,that's who I draft, accurate big arms like those are 15 year solutions vs. 3-5 years,just no comparison IMO.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JMO but Russel Wilson is not much different,a better arm but CAN YOU run a three step drop with a guy this height? I don't think so,unless you cut block everyone I just don't see these guys able to throw over linemen like Brockers who's almost as tall laying down.

V3

Hall of Fame
He won't be drafted until the third round at the earliest, IMO. He's another Tebow but without the good character.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed. College football legend. But, I dont see it in the pros. His plays running around in circles and throwing a ball up for grabs aint gonna work. Farve had some of that in him, but, he had amazing arm strength and could make up for bad decisions with arm strength.
Add in his "personality" issues and if it came down to drafting him or signing, say, Sage Rosenfels to start for a season Im going with Sage.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
V3 said:
He won't be drafted until the third round at the earliest, IMO. He's another Tebow but without the good character.

He's the anti-Tebow in terms of character. Spoiled, selfish, egotistical, and ungrateful are just a few of the words I'd use to describe Manziel, none of which I'd apply to Tebow.

Manziel is another college quarterback who will never make it in the pros. He just doesn't have the necessary size; he's short and rail-thin.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Selassie I said:
Manziel is a killer playing college ball, but I'm not sure how his game will translate. He looks too short and he won't be able to run like that and survive in the pros. His throwing mechanics are terrible. He also did a kaeperdick during the game,,, that shyte's gotta hurt any chance he might of had.

Somebody will take a shot on him though. Not in the first round I wouldn't think, but maybe higher than I might imagine.

If A&M had a defense they would have won that game yesterday.
Defense aside if he didnt throw a pick 6 and another int in the endzone they would have won the game. Alabamas qb threw 0 ints and i believe that was the big difference maker yesterday