Johnny F****** Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I just wanna go on the record and say please no one start hyping manziel because he had a decent outing against the 2s and 3s in the first preseason game. just don't.... enjoy another entire week of media hype talk about manziel and his performance.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
The problem wasn't him, it was that screaming meemie they had covering the game . . . He squealed when Manziel ran for 1 yard and a first down. Good luck the Manziel, but I'd rather have listen to Bernie Kosar than whoever THAT was.

A55VA6

Legend
There will ALWAYS be hype around Manziel whether he plays good or bad.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The problem wasn't him, it was that screaming meemie they had covering the game . . . He squealed when Manziel ran for 1 yard and a first down. Good luck the Manziel, but I'd rather have listen to Bernie Kosar than whoever THAT was.
I thought those guys were going to go on the field and mount him.

One of them actually said that a pass to his wr's back knee was a "perfect pass. That's right where you want to put the ball as a qb".

I'll take Holt and Faulk any day.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The over hyped rookie syndrome makes the preseason terrible, reminds me of when everybody was sucking off Reggie Bush wherever he went, then he got hit once and that was all but the end of Bush for a while.

Funniest part was a little while after they were still trying to hype him up, even when he wasn't running with nearly the authority he used to.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I thought he looked pretty decent even though their WR's really played bad. Manziel had some great throws and a big run. I think it was a successful night for him.

He made some decent plays but the bad ones were really bad. Especially when he thought he was a FB and tried to run a defender over.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
grape-jelly.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Btw, the thread title is correct. Idk about everything else though.

fearsomefour

Legend
I thought he looked pretty decent even though their WR's really played bad. Manziel had some great throws and a big run. I think it was a successful night for him.
The most telling play to me was his designed roll out where he didnt make an easy pass to an open FB for an easy first down. Instead he opted to hold the ball and pick up the first by a few inches. He has a long way to go.
I do see Cleveland working him in in certain sets with a run option, Espcially in the red zone.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have no problem with him personally, but the media train is worse than Tebow. It has become sickening.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I thought he did quite a good job. Obviously he played like a rookie in his pre season game....so no surprise there. The roll out where he decided not to make the easy play to the full back was a bad decision - and he had a lot of adrenaline going on. He'll learn to slide and protect himself a bit better.

I don't get the hate for the guy. I think he's got a good chance to be a baller in this league. Yeah he's arrogant - but I like him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Michael Sam got more after the game buzz than Manziel...As football players, neither deserve it. I am tilting at windmills, I know.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the media comes off looking silly by over saturating us with stories like Manziel and MSam.

You'd think they have staff talented enough to dig up other topics of interest.

Greg Stone

Rookie
Well, I'd much rather have the Sam media circus than the Manziel media circus. Regardless of the ridiculous size of the media narratives the first is irrelevant, the second destructive. Sam is learning and improving. Johnny shows every sign of buying his own hype and being uncoachable.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Clearly it's too early to say how he will pan out in his nfl career. I don't know how anyone after his first game can say he will be a bust or anything like that. He will learn from these mistakes he made. He was 7-11 passing and from what I saw there were 2-3 balls that his receivers should have caught. He was playing with the 2s and 3s but so was his offensive line and weapons. He was under a fair amount of pressure from the Lions when he was in. I think it was a decent first game for him. He has got the arm. If he continues to work on the mental said he will be fine.