John Sullivan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching the Mailbag segment with Myles Simmons and D'Marco Farr, he quoted someone from the Rams in saying (paraphrase) "Sullivan is not someone we are looking to replace."

This says to me:
1. Talks have happened and the Rams are sure they can sign the FA to a contract.
2. Rams might still draft a Center, but that Sullivan will be in the mix for the starter's job, no matter what.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I certainly want to keep him.
He played very well last season

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A player like Sullivan can excel when he is on a good OLine because he doesnt have to try to do too much or make up for lousy play from the guys around him. In other words he isn't over extending, which can lead to more injuries. Instead he plays within himself and has a better chance of avoiding injury. Similar to Saffold playing tackle.

I still wouldn't mind James Daniels being a Ram instead, but probably isn't likely.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
John Sullivan has been moving around a bit the last 3 yrs he may want to stay put here for a bit. I do think that he has a special relationship with McVay & Kromer here. Rams needs to keep this OL together as long as possible. A 3 yr contract would be just about right for him. I believe he will sign @ a reasonable price.

Rams treated Sully like the 36 yr old LT Whitworth as a result he was healthy enough to start the entire season & into the p[layoffs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watching the Mailbag segment with Myles Simmons and D'Marco Farr, he quoted someone from the Rams in saying (paraphrase) "Sullivan is not someone we are looking to replace."

This says to me:
1. Talks have happened and the Rams are sure they can sign the FA to a contract.
2. Rams might still draft a Center, but that Sullivan will be in the mix for the starter's job, no matter what.

I doubt they draft a center. Kromer has the guys he is going to build with at center already in place. No need to place extra resources there.

—thanks for report. Tried to watch , but bad WiFi.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm a touch concerned about his injury history, but I'd be good with bringing Sullivan back into the fold, especially with Blythe and Eldrenkamp backing him up.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Love bringing him back. I actually have a very good feeling about Blythe. Another year of development with Kromer. Let’s do it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love bringing him back. I actually have a very good feeling about Blythe. Another year of development with Kromer. Let’s do it.

100%.

The rams didn't miss a beat with blythe in there. Sullivan and Blythe can lock down the centre spot moving forward.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I could easily see us drafting a Center in this draft. We bring Sullivan back to a real friendly deal, or Blythe is the interim starter. There are a few Centers that I really like, and they are versatile, so they could play Guard also, which adds value.

So, again, team friendly deal, and I am OK with Sullivan, he played very well, but Blythe can hold the fort, and if we pick the right guy, we could have a rookie starting, and long term solution at the position. I think the Center position is talented, and deep this year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sully isn't going anywhere. He'll be the Rams starting C this season. You don't mess with what works and sully was the guy calling the line play. Rams were the only team to start the same OL throughout the season. No way the Rams stick a different guy in the middle of that OL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm in the sign Sully camp....
but
I still wouldn't mind James Daniels being a Ram instead, but probably isn't likely.
I kinda like this guy....just from the combine....and the fact he played at Iowa....I'd watch some tape...but we never draft guys I've looked at before....

A55VA6

Legend
I'd like to have him back, but Rams might not do it. Blythe looked good when subbing for him, and they could look to the draft.