John Sullivan Interest in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry that is a play a smart pro makes. If that doesn’t show you smarts nothing I can show you will impress you.
It was a backyard play...You could show me any number of Cooper Kupp plays that would impress me, so that's not true.

dang

Legend
Does anyone have any idea what kind of $$$ Sullivan is looking for? I think he earned a 2 year contract worth at least $4M/year with $5M guaranteed. I hope we are not offering much less than that - as he will probably want to make decent $$ in likely his last contract.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So they weren’t developed? Good grief the lengths people go to in order to complain or to avoid giving credit.

Great straw man argument.

I said they were mostly developed prior to their arrival. Sean McVay did not teach Cooper Kupp how to run the route tree, but he did develop game plans to take advantage of this ability. Robert Woods is no rookie in need of development, but he was in need of being utilized correctly, which McVay did extremely well. So I guess it all comes down to what development means, between you and me. I see development as being like taking formless clay and molding it and baking it into something useful. More in Robert Woods case and to a lesser degree in Cooper Kupp's case, both had developed skills before they arrived. McVay saw these skills and put them in a place to succeed, which is what great coaches do. Can Kupp and Woods learn more? Yes. Is Josh Reynolds near where they are right now? He.ll no. Kupp and Woods were more formed than not..Reynolds is raw and in need of development, compared to them

How is that complaining? I gave credit to McVay slightly differently than you did, but then you imputed a statement that I did not make ("So they weren't developed?") and then diminished my argument to complaining, whining and credit avoidance, which is just your point of view and is not a fact.. Attempted paternalism pisses me off which is what you did in this post. Using the statement "Good grief the lengths people go to in order to complain or to avoid giving credit" was a dishonest personal attack, that was thinly veiled in order to bypass the rules here that prohibit such behavior. This isn't the first time you have done passive aggressive style attack, and I don't appreciate it.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a backyard play...You could show me any number of Cooper Kupp plays that would impress me, so that's not true.
haha you're right Reynolds is garbage he showed no promise at all after being drafted. Sorry I thought he was good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
haha you're right Reynolds is garbage he showed no promise at all after being drafted. Sorry I thought he was good.
C'mon man, I never said that. I say he is raw and in need of training/developing. I liked what I saw on college tape, jumping up and fighting for the ball..We'll see how good McVay's WR coach is at developing him into a Pro.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon man, I never said that. I say he is raw and in need of training/developing. I liked what I saw on college tape, jumping up and fighting for the ball..We'll see how good McVay's WR coach is at developing him into a Pro.
Now that statement is a far change from saying he's showed us nothing and the Rams can't develop receivers. You showed no confidence in him and laid all of the Rams failures of Linehan, Spag and Fisher at McVays feet when you said we fail at developing WR. Now you're willing to give McVay a chance? It's all good I'll just drop this cause it's obviously going nowhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that statement is a far change from saying he's showed us nothing and the Rams can't develop receivers. You showed no confidence in him and laid all of the Rams failures of Linehan, Spag and Fisher at McVays feet when you said we fail at developing WR. Now you're willing to give McVay a chance? It's all good I'll just drop this cause it's obviously going nowhere.

It's only "all good" after I have my say and not after you dismissed me.

I NEVER said I didn't think Reynolds had ability and I never said that I had no confidence in him. I made a statement about the Rams past, that we do not develop WR's that well, so it is fair that we look at the organization who has not had a recent history of doing so and take a wait and see attitude?. Can I be skeptical until I see someone like Josh Reynolds develop into a #1 WR? Can I say that I HOPE McVay's staff can do it?

I'll further pizz you off and say I have never seen the Rams develop a stud 1000 yard Tight End since I've been alive, can McVay do it? I HOPE so.

NOW it's all good. ~me

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's only "all good" after I have my say and not after you dismissed me.

I NEVER said I didn't think Reynolds had ability and I never said that I had no confidence in him. I made a statement about the Rams past, that we do not develop WR's that well, so it is fair that we look at the organization who has not had a recent history of doing so and take a wait and see attitude?. Can I be skeptical until I see someone like Josh Reynolds develop into a #1 WR? Can I say that I HOPE McVay's staff can do it?

I'll further pizz you off and say I have never seen the Rams develop a stud 1000 yard Tight End since I've been alive, can McVay do it? I HOPE so.

NOW it's all good. ~me

That's a play he ran a good route, got behind the DB caught an over the shoulder ball for a TD. Happened to be very early in the year too. But hey he never showed anything. And who gives a rats backside what prior coaches failed to do? McVay showed us he's better than the other coaches you're citing couldn't do something. You're so worried about past failures and what you thought you should have seen from a rookie that you just write him off.

I was excited about Reynolds last year, but can you point out any play last year that he made that gives hope for the future? The Rams have not had a good track record of developing WR’s. Last one was maybe Tory Holt, and we all know the helluva year he had in ‘99. Kupp received coaching, but he was the complete route runner from college and was less of a coaching project than Reynolds. With our history of failure with undeveloped rookie WR’s, it’s not unreasonable to be from Missouri in this one.

Your words not mine. Showed nothing to be excited about.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a play he ran a good route, got behind the DB caught an over the shoulder ball for a TD. Happened to be very early in the year too. But hey he never showed anything. And who gives a rats backside what prior coaches failed to do? McVay showed us he's better than the other coaches you're citing couldn't do something. You're so worried about past failures and what you thought you should have seen from a rookie that you just write him off.

Your words not mine. Showed nothing to be excited about.

Different perspectives and you are looking for the worst possible meaning from me.

I said: "
"I was excited about Reynolds last year, but can you point out any play last year that he made that gives hope for the future"

I was looking for a flash play that got me excited, and I didn't see that. Flash play, meaning that it showed skill in running a sick route that totally destroyed a CB like a #1 WR can do. You obviously think he did. The "hope for the future" comment was made, not meaning that he would never give me hope, just that I had not seen greatness from him yet. Can I believe differently than you, or is that not allowed anymore? I saw great play(s) from Kupp, which is why I directed you to looking at his play. Kupp is absolutely legit right now and he excites me. I was disappointed that I didn't see more from Reynolds, but I acknowledge that he did not get the chances that Kupp got, because he was NOT READY to take plays away from Watkins and Woods. I did not think I needed to go into this detail, but I guess I needed to.
btw...Your video was the best play of the year for him (it was good), just wish he did it in a real game against starters

Your turn.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I seriously hope we retain Sullivan. He was one of the best C's in the league last year and our O benefited greatly from his experience, IMO he took a lot of pressure off Goff, and was a monster in blocking downfield too. I really don't want to see out o-line tinkered with this coming year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great straw man argument.

I said they were mostly developed prior to their arrival. Sean McVay did not teach Cooper Kupp how to run the route tree, but he did develop game plans to take advantage of this ability. Robert Woods is no rookie in need of development, but he was in need of being utilized correctly, which McVay did extremely well. So I guess it all comes down to what development means, between you and me. I see development as being like taking formless clay and molding it and baking it into something useful. More in Robert Woods case and to a lesser degree in Cooper Kupp's case, both had developed skills before they arrived. McVay saw these skills and put them in a place to succeed, which is what great coaches do. Can Kupp and Woods learn more? Yes. Is Josh Reynolds near where they are right now? He.ll no. Kupp and Woods were more formed than not..Reynolds is raw and in need of development, compared to them

How is that complaining? I gave credit to McVay slightly differently than you did, but then you imputed a statement that I did not make ("So they weren't developed?") and then diminished my argument to complaining, whining and credit avoidance, which is just your point of view and is not a fact.. Attempted paternalism pisses me off which is what you did in this post. Using the statement "Good grief the lengths people go to in order to complain or to avoid giving credit" was a dishonest personal attack, that was thinly veiled in order to bypass the rules here that prohibit such behavior. This isn't the first time you have done passive aggressive style attack, and I don't appreciate it.
A lot of words, saying nothing. I make no straw man only fact.
You make a bogus claim, get called out and instead of just moving on, you whine.
You said, the Rams have a history of not developing wr. You said it, not me. That in itself is ludicrous as “the Rams” as we know are just over 1 year old. What the Spagnolo era or Fisher era has to do with anything is completely irrelevant.
Secondly, and more importantly, dismissing Robert Woods career year, and Cooper Kupp’s emergence, is just flat out ignorant, and disrespectful of our coaching staff.
So feel free to bring up rules of conduct that you have blatantly broken with your trolling efforts and check yourself. Your behavior is out of line.

ausmurp

Starter
I hear ya but you have Goff, Blythe and Eldrenkamp having learned from Sully and Olsen for a year. Also McVay and Kromer are still here, I’d like to keep Sully, but if we don’t it’s not a sky is falling problem imo.

Says the ppl who thought Tim Barnes was a good C..

C is more important and harder to find than most realize. A good C can anchor an entire OL. I hope we keep him, he played at a very high level last yr and 32 isn't terrible for OL he should have a few more yrs left.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What the hell?

Sully is a good C.....should have been extend in the MIDDLE of last year....but, you know how we do things....

You can't resign everybody
Who have we retained....Who's gotten a new deal? Name one significant player? Joyner doesn't count...he was tagged....no negotiation needed. WHO???
Another funny thing this time of year is for example Josh Reynolds. Last year people loved the pick thought he was a good young WR who could take the top off the defense, was a good route runner and had good hands. Now this year that we didn't resign Watkins people are freaking out saying we need to spend a draft pick on a WR or sign a vet. And have kicked Reynolds to the curb without giving him a shot.
Liked his talent...maybe....over other wrs drafted in similar spot? Not I says the fly......Not me said the flea...

He's another OK looking player....not a game changer....and that's from watching his limited play. The few plays most have seen....in the pros....wasn't impressive. He's NOT Sammy Watkins. Oh, want another comparison? He's NO Brian Quick....ahahahahahahahahhaaahahahahahahahahah.

What I see personally....just doesn't have sticky hands...not physical enough for me...

He does seem to run well deep....but....I try to point out....I like speed, but it has to come with something else...

You guys go overboard on some guys in here...like some sort of resident security....keep the whole collective of ROD thinking and writing like you two....the other guy should know who I'm speaking of...and you don't know what the hell McVay...Snead....Phillips...or anyone can do...and no one is above reproach....

I give a fuck we had a winning season...as much talent as we have or should have, due to drafting early in the draft for 14 straight years, we shoulda BEEN winning....we need to win when it counts...losing to a young team, Atlanta, in the playoffs shoulda woke some of you older heads UP....Nope....like sheep, just happy to get brushed...we're number 14....we're number 14...YAY!!!! Keep that shit in the losers bracket....That falcon defense isn't going anywhere....neither is the Vikings....and you know what? Alll the guys you keep hyping up like some agent played like shit in those games....and those are the ones that matter. In fact, Reynolds looked like shit vs San Francisco....but I blame that on Mannion....who had help from linemen...that yall are in here saying played fine....Not against SF....

Reynolds hasn't done squat yet....Neither has Thomas...and I like Thomas....can he replace Watkins? Hell no....
Does anyone have any idea what kind of $$$ Sullivan is looking for?
Probably top dollar of interior linemen(It's going up fast too)....about $8 million a season....he probably woulda took $5 million during the season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the hell?

Sully is a good C.....should have been extend in the MIDDLE of last year....but, you know how we do things....

Who have we retained....Who's gotten a new deal? Name one significant player? Joyner doesn't count...he was tagged....no negotiation needed. WHO???

Liked his talent...maybe....over other wrs drafted in similar spot? Not I says the fly......Not me said the flea...

He's another OK looking player....not a game changer....and that's from watching his limited play. The few plays most have seen....in the pros....wasn't impressive. He's NOT Sammy Watkins. Oh, want another comparison? He's NO Brian Quick....ahahahahahahahahhaaahahahahahahahahah.

What I see personally....just doesn't have sticky hands...not physical enough for me...

He does seem to run well deep....but....I try to point out....I like speed, but it has to come with something else...

You guys go overboard on some guys in here...like some sort of resident security....keep the whole collective of ROD thinking and writing like you two....the other guy should know who I'm speaking of...and you don't know what the hell McVay...Snead....Phillips...or anyone can do...and no one is above reproach....

I give a freak we had a winning season...as much talent as we have or should have, due to drafting early in the draft for 14 straight years, we shoulda BEEN winning....we need to win when it counts...losing to a young team, Atlanta, in the playoffs shoulda woke some of you older heads UP....Nope....like sheep, just happy to get brushed...we're number 14....we're number 14...YAY!!!! Keep that crap in the losers bracket....That falcon defense isn't going anywhere....neither is the Vikings....and you know what? Alll the guys you keep hyping up like some agent played like crap in those games....and those are the ones that matter. In fact, Reynolds looked like crap vs San Francisco....but I blame that on Mannion....who had help from linemen...that yall are in here saying played fine....Not against SF....

Reynolds hasn't done squat yet....Neither has Thomas...and I like Thomas....can he replace Watkins? Hell no....
Probably top dollar of interior linemen(It's going up fast too)....about $8 million a season....he probably woulda took $5 million during the season.
Never change hahaha! Always tell us the Rams drafted the wrong guy :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Says the ppl who thought Tim Barnes was a good C..

C is more important and harder to find than most realize. A good C can anchor an entire OL. I hope we keep him, he played at a very high level last yr and 32 isn't terrible for OL he should have a few more yrs left.
Tim Barnes according to most here was nothing more than a serviceable center who every offseason we wanted to replace. Now we have a better head coach and an excellent OLine coach. I’ll trust Kromer a lot more than I ever did Boudreau.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never change hahaha! Always tell us the Rams drafted the wrong guy :)
Woulda went Mack Hollins....or the guy that Lions got in the fourth....

I'm not going to dig in on Everett....and Kupp...and Johnson....

But I'm a playoff wins type guy....can't change...not in my DNA.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woulda went Mack Hollins....or the guy that Lions got in the fourth....

I'm not going to dig in on Everett....and Kupp...and Johnson....

But I'm a playoff wins type guy....can't change...not in my DNA.
So the Rams didn’t win a playoff game so their 4th round pick is worse because Mack Hollins 1 catch for 9 yards in the playoffs led the Eagles to victory.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So the Rams didn’t win a playoff game so their 4th round pick is worse because Mack Hollins 1 catch for 9 yards in the playoffs led the Eagles to victory.
LOL...not quite....not about production for year one guys...that helps...but can't be expected....more EYE TEST....he does it....Mack I mean...and Josh doesn't.

Playoff wins...is the ultimate goal...not can these guys compete...but can they compete at the highest levels....and potentially lead the team to a superbowl....it starts with players capable of winning playoff type games...tough games...against tough teams.

Reynolds hasn't proven he can play...at all...against tough teams...Mack Hollins has.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carson Wentz has as many playoff wins as Jared Goff. Funny how that works eh?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carson Wentz has as many playoff wins as Jared Goff. Funny how that works eh?
Shhhhhh reality doesn’t matter! Also stats can lie, not the stats they produce in the underwear olympics though! Those are the only stats you can trust, even though they rarely show future NFL success.