John Madden recovering from open heart surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Love this man. Hope he pulls through and lives a whole lot longer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDc0nX5uqw

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/john-madden-recovering-from-open-heart-surgery/

Posted by Josh Alper on December 10, 2015

453095354-e1449763963666.jpg
Getty Images

Pro Football Hall of Famer John Madden is at home recovering from open heart surgery.

The NFL announced in a statement on Thursday that Madden, who won a Super Bowl as the coach of the Raiders before becoming a fixture on NFL broadcasts, was released from a San Francisco hospital on Wednesday after having surgery recently. Madden remains active in the game as a co-chair of the NFL Player Safety Advisory Panel with fellow Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott and as the chairman of the Coaches Subcommittee to the Competition Committee

“I spoke to John yesterday,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in the statement. “He sounds great, but is frustrated about being on injured reserve for the time being. He is anxious to return to action soon doing the important work he does for our game. He’s a tremendous fountain of ideas and we can’t wait to get him back. We are all pleased to know that John’s procedure was successful and wish him a speedy recovery.”

Everyone at PFT shares that wish and hope Madden is able to share his thoughts on the game for many, many years to come.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quick Recovery John...I'm sure it's related to watching too much Ram football!
3443567.jpg

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I heard about Madden on the way to work this morning on the Sirius NFL channel.

Get well soon Coach!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Love this man. Hope he pulls through and lives a whole lot longer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDc0nX5uqw

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/john-madden-recovering-from-open-heart-surgery/

Posted by Josh Alper on December 10, 2015

453095354-e1449763963666.jpg
Getty Images

Pro Football Hall of Famer John Madden is at home recovering from open heart surgery.

The NFL announced in a statement on Thursday that Madden, who won a Super Bowl as the coach of the Raiders before becoming a fixture on NFL broadcasts, was released from a San Francisco hospital on Wednesday after having surgery recently. Madden remains active in the game as a co-chair of the NFL Player Safety Advisory Panel with fellow Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott and as the chairman of the Coaches Subcommittee to the Competition Committee

“I spoke to John yesterday,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in the statement. “He sounds great, but is frustrated about being on injured reserve for the time being. He is anxious to return to action soon doing the important work he does for our game. He’s a tremendous fountain of ideas and we can’t wait to get him back. We are all pleased to know that John’s procedure was successful and wish him a speedy recovery.”

Everyone at PFT shares that wish and hope Madden is able to share his thoughts on the game for many, many years to come.

I remember watching that game like it was yesterday.

We were robbed of that field goal attempt before the half. There were multiple players clearly calling time out. Thank God we have replay today!

Madden sure made things way more entertaining.