John Gruden & Jared Goff full video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope he becomes our head coach. I have SO MANY Photoshop ideas I wanna unleash.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's gotta be the most likely name right now. Rumors surfaced immediately, he knows Demoff, seems to like Goff, etc. Kirwan says the dude has passed on roughly 15 jobs too btw. So it'll be interesting if this one's the one that gets him to come back.

Worries me that he'll jump out when the goin gets tough, but meh. Either way should be a fun month for us through the holidays.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gruden would be my choice . He seems highly intelligent and doesn't put up with 7-9 bullcrap. I like a coach with a little fire in his eyes .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gruden would be my choice . He seems highly intelligent and doesn't put up with 7-9 bullcrap. I like a coach with a little fire in his eyes .
Maybe not, but he's a career .540 coach (Fisher was .542 before taking over the Rams). He's 5-4 in the playoffs. Fisher was 5-6. He's also been out of football for a while, so there are still a lot of question marks surrounding him. He talks a good game, and he's had some success, but he also piggy-backed off of Dungy's team and did nothing after that first year - including a 5-11 season and a 4-12 season. All of that would could be viewed as an improvement over Fisher, but I don't know that he's the answer. I'm not in the camp of "anything would be better." They really need to get this right.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not, but he's a career .540 coach (Fisher was .542 before taking over the Rams). He's 5-4 in the playoffs. Fisher was 5-6. He's also been out of football for a while, so there are still a lot of question marks surrounding him. He talks a good game, and he's had some success, but he also piggy-backed off of Dungy's team and did nothing after that first year - including a 5-11 season and a 4-12 season. All of that would could be viewed as an improvement over Fisher, but I don't know that he's the answer. I'm not in the camp of "anything would be better." They really need to get this right.
Good point . I just hope they get it right and I have no idea who would be the best man for the job . Let's hope the higher ups do thier homework instead of just taking a big name . Just win games

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, it worked wonders before bringing a former NFL Coach out of the broadcasting booth ...And yes easy gentlemen after he added that QB Coach from the Washington Redskins.
hqdefault.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He took an AL Davis run Raiders to a Super bowl.
Not a young trailblazing AL Davis. A meddling, bad drafting, game has past him by AL Davis.
That's quite a feat.

I don't know if he's the best guy, but at least Goff would get the coaching he needs to excel.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
He's gotta be the most likely name right now. Rumors surfaced immediately, he knows Demoff, seems to like Goff, etc. Kirwan says the dude has passed on roughly 15 jobs too btw. So it'll be interesting if this one's the one that gets him to come back.

Worries me that he'll jump out when the goin gets tough, but meh. Either way should be a fun month for us through the holidays.

I have some minor concerns with Gruden Merlin.......I don't trust the HC search anymore after the last 3 choices (and I confess I wanted all 3 of them.. Linehan/Spags/Fish) I will have opinions and insight on the new HC search but I've fired myself from from the HC campaigning business since going 0-3 lol.

Like most Rams fans, I want an innovative offensive minded, strong personality, leader of men, with an open mind and a history of developing (improving quarterbacks) to be the new HC.. If he mostly fits this criteria, I don't care if its A, B or C from the final short list.

This time in the Rams HC vacancy search, I'm more interested in who Kroenke/Demoff hires to run the personnel football operations.. Demoff the COO/Capologist guru is a man I stand by and respect.

I do hope they hire a GM/Football Operations Top Dog GURU with a known proven history of success (if possible) and he gets first hand say in player personnel and the majority say of choosing the new HC. I won't fret or whine if this isn't the case but I'm hoping for this to happen.

This type of power GM hire might scare off Gruden having any interest unless he's more okay with this scenario than my perception of him leads me to believe..

There was no fallout of Gruden and Demoff working together in Tampa that I remember but my thoughts on the surface of them is, KD's a COO -Salary Cap guru and J.Gruden is a HC offensive minded quarterback guru.

I realize an authority figure top dog GM would have to work in accord with Demoff/Gruden or who ever the new HC is but my thinking as of today is, Gruden would be much like Fisher and want to interview and be involved with the GM hiring and he would desire lots of control in the Drafts, F/A's, UFA's, player personnel etc.. Am I wrong?

Honestly, I just hope they get an offensive HC that commands respect, attention to detail and discipline in all 3 phases of the game. And just as important he has strong connections and insight to attract quality OC/DC/SPT/QB coordinators/coaches with enough experience and integrity to help him succeed.

I'm going to be patient and open minded while enjoy reading all the ROD posters pros and cons opinions, along with the NFL people I respect during this whole HC searching process.

kroenke.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have some minor concerns with Gruden Merlin.......I don't trust the HC search anymore after the last 3 choices (and I confess I wanted all 3 of them.. Linehan/Spags/Fish) I will have opinions and insight on the new HC search but I've fired myself from from the HC campaigning business since going 0-3 lol.

Like most Rams fans, I want an innovative offensive minded, strong personality, leader of men, with an open mind and a history of developing (improving quarterbacks) to be the new HC.. If he mostly fits this criteria, I don't care if its A, B or C from the final short list.

This time in the Rams HC vacancy search, I'm more interested in who Kroenke/Demoff hires to run the personnel football operations.. Demoff the COO/Capologist guru is a man I stand by and respect.

I do hope they hire a GM/Football Operations Top Dog GURU with a known proven history of success (if possible) and he gets first hand say in player personnel and the majority say of choosing the new HC. I won't fret or whine if this isn't the case but I'm hoping for this to happen.

This type of power GM hire might scare off Gruden having any interest unless he's more okay with this scenario than my perception of him leads me to believe..

There was no fallout of Gruden and Demoff working together in Tampa that I remember but my thoughts on the surface of them is, KD's a COO -Salary Cap guru and J.Gruden is a HC offensive minded quarterback guru.

I realize an authority figure top dog GM would have to work in accord with Demoff/Gruden or who ever the new HC is but my thinking as of today is, Gruden would be much like Fisher and want to interview and be involved with the GM hiring and he would desire lots of control in the Drafts, F/A's, UFA's, player personnel etc.. Am I wrong?

Honestly, I just hope they get an offensive HC that commands respect, attention to detail and discipline in all 3 phases of the game. And just as important he has strong connections and insight to attract quality OC/DC/SPT/QB coordinators/coaches with enough experience and integrity to help him succeed.

I'm going to be patient and open minded while enjoy reading all the ROD posters pros and cons opinions, along with the NFL people I respect during this whole HC searching process.

Nothing there I can disagree with brother.

I'll say though that I think the GM-first route is not the way they're going to do it. I think Stan wants the Patriots-style organization with the strong coach who everything is built around. And it can work if you hire the right guy, which Fisher simply was not.

I'm often wrong myself, btw, about these guys, and I like to think it's because I let the kool-aid interfere with what higher functions I do have left from my youth. But either way here's how I think it's gonna go down:

1. Stan will exhaust the rockstar type options, what he views as the top values in the head coaching market. It's what he did with Fish that offseason, who was the belle of that particular ball, out-dueling Phins owner to get him. Who will that be? He'll probably call Jim Harbaugh if he hasn't already, as well as Nick Saban. He might include Gruden in this group which I wouldn't like any more than many other fans, but meh. Most are likely to be "No's" as well, but I think he won't move to the next group until he's exhausted these types.

2. He will sit down with the high value hot coordinator types. Obviously guys like Shanahan, McDaniels, Haley and Cooter. And I think if he gets to this stage the hire will come from their ranks. There has been talk about Kyle being the hire with his dad coming in as a front office type or advisor or what have you. I think out the gate Kyle will be the hottest name and first interview of this group. McDaniels is a strong chance too since Stan knows him and they were seen talking after the Rams' game vs NE, can't tell me that Stan wasn't letting his interest be known. One of these guys will undoubtedly blow Stan away with their plan.

3. The GM will be hired based on his track record, references, and whether their head coaching choice approves. Pretty much like they did with Fish & Snead.

So yeah, like you I'm just gonna try to enjoy this man. I am having a great time listening to LA morning radio and Sirius feeds. We're the talk of the town and the early firing gives them the time to get their ducks in a row and do this thing right.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He took an AL Davis run Raiders to a Super bowl.
Not a young trailblazing AL Davis. A meddling, bad drafting, game has past him by AL Davis.
That's quite a feat.

I don't know if he's the best guy, but at least Goff would get the coaching he needs to excel.

Gardens Raider team was loaded when he arrived. So was his Tamp Bay team. It didn't take long for the Tampa team to start hating him. He blames players all the time. It was an ugly departure.

I don't want the head coach of the Rams to be Gruden. Just based on how long he has been out of the coaching business is reason enough for me. No, no, no Gruden please.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hope he becomes our head coach. I have SO MANY Photoshop ideas I wanna unleash.

In his notes was told to write down 1-11. Well he is on the right track at 0-4 .

At the end said he thinks he can come in day 1 and lead a franchise. Well he led Fisher out of town.

He is the face of the franchise. Case won his last time in Seattle. Excited to see what Goff can do against 12th man. He'll be playing there years to come.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gardens Raider team was loaded when he arrived.
Wait, what?
The Joe Bugel team was loaded? He inherited a team with the 2nd worst defense and an awful offense that included Jeff George at the End of his disastrous career
Tampa no doubt was ready to win, just needed a HC that could devise an offense that could score in the playoffs. Of course the team he faced in the SB was also the team he built so there's that

Ram65

Legend
No Gruden, please.

Goff sure can throw the football. Love his intensity and willingness to keep learning.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I am hoping that Gruden is not the pick - but whoever it is, I'll get behind and hope for the best.