John Clayton thinks that the Rams and Fisher have already made a deal for an extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely true.
Just pointing out how its been favorable to be included when cherry picking stats
Would love to see that improving trend continue tomorrow
I should have clarified how zn arrived at those stats. They're from teamrankings.com. That site actually has a sortable that shows every team's last 3 games' rank, in addition to the cumulative season ranks. So it's not really cherry-picking if its the site's intent to show trends. Yeah Tampa helped them to get some points, but there are a lot of individual things that improved over the past few games other than points. So when Fisher says the offense is improving, he's right. And if Detroit's pass defense is as shoddy as everyone thinks, it'll improve further.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(I think I got my decades messed up and it was actually the 90s Rams that were the worst in NFL history..?)
1999 kept the 90's from being as bad as the past decade. As did the 2001 season for the following decade.
So I guess the new measuring stick would be from 2011 to 2020. So, 4 more years and you'll know for sure. ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if Detroit's pass defense is as shoddy as everyone thinks, it'll improve further.
Great post, and thanks for adding the piece about comparing the last 3 game, without saying it, I was wondering that
Yes Detroit pass defense appears to be there for the taking
As long as we win the game, its a win/win. Keenum plays well, progress continues. If he doesn't, then it might be Scooby Doo "Rut-ro" time.
Again, let's win the game either way....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Great post, and thanks for adding the piece about comparing the last 3 game, without saying it, I was wondering that
Yes Detroit pass defense appears to be there for the taking
As long as we win the game, its a win/win. Keenum plays well, progress continues. If he doesn't, then it might be Scooby Doo "Rut-ro" time.
Again, let's win the game either way....
This would actually be a pretty good game to use Goff, but that's not likely.
Unless we're up by 50 at the half. So, go Keenum?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Maybe you'll recognize the hypocrisy of that statement soon.

I'll give you a few minutes.

:LOL:
I've had a week away and this sort of half empty half full continues incessantly

Last game, after Keenum's performance, I was happy to read you recognized that Goff time was near. And I can't wait to read your endless praise of him next year when Keenum is sent to Cleveland for a 6th round pick and Goff is lesding us to victory It's gonna be fun again.

I can't wait.

In the meamtime I'll stick with the Gameday threads until that time comes - like you said before, I have a life

And just to let you know, cause I know Keenum is out the door soon and I want to go back to appreciating your vast contributions to the site, I'll let you know that I'm a lifelong Ram fan. The first picture I took mas a baby was in oversized Ram gear. Never played the game like many of you because I was an art freak instead. But I loved Ram football even when kids in school picked other winning teams and called me a homer. I've seen every game the Rams played in Anaheim up until they moved - with the exception of the 49er games where my dad would take his poker buddies. I used to get really emotional about my team when I was young, and when we finally won the Super Bowl a lot of that throwing the remote at the TV went away. But despite the fact I have a great life and sm doing really well my passion for Rams football has never stopped. Just some fun facts! I'd love to hesr how you became a fan.

And let me again say I admire the fact you can put all your fandom neatly into well define shapes that allow you to look at the game more objectively than most. It's why Ive enjoyed reading all your posts over the years. But with me (and i suppose others) when we win everything is all right with my team. When we lose am not simply as composed. But that doesn't mean I'm angry or being a spoiled brat. It's just the way I am as a Ram fan. And I'm really tired of hesring how I'm suddenly not the proper Ram fan cause I don't just enjoy the ride. Afterall all I do here is post funny pics and make wise cracks. But all this "either your with Case and Fisher or youre not" (i know that's not your exact words, but) it's getting tiresome for me personally FYI

That's why I like gameday threads the best cause we are all living and dying with each play. It's fun for me and why I enjoy his place so much. Up until last seasin Ram fans were few and far between

Anyway peace

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And just to let you know, cause I know Keenum is out the door soon and I want to go back to appreciating your vast contributions to the site
Haven't you been keeping up? I've already thrown my hat into the "start Goff now" ring. As much as I appreciate Keenum's competitive fire and his never-quit attitude, I think sufficient time has passed that Goff should be ready to be carried by the defense and play well enough to not throw the game away. Then, as each game passes, he should get to the point that he's taking games over and making things happen on his own. I'm guessing by game 10 or 11 he should be to the point that we can close the season out with 5 or 6 consecutive wins and possibly get in the playoffs.

Ideally, I think he should start Sunday. That's a mediocre pass defense he can get his feet wet against.
Realistically, I think we're looking at the week following the bye. That'll give him a couple of weeks practicing with the 1's.

I appreciate the post, and I'll try to refrain from framing my posts in such a way that people think I'm defining what a true fan looks like. That was never my intent. If I make a request about how people speak about players on here, or suggest that life isn't so serious that their every offering has to be saturated in salt, that's only because it's my personal preference. But it's also the reason I founded this site. To escape that noise. I realize I don't own it anymore, and I really don't have a right to suggest how people approach things, so again ... I'll try to work on that. Maybe others can meet me halfway and try to dial back on the "yeah, well, we suck so every article posted here is pointless, and every opinion I give will state as much" approach.

Happy medium would be cool.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
They have gotten better. From poster ZN:
It really crawled me when media types used the 'season stats"
as a rebuttal for Fishers statement that we were improving offensively.
Passed it off like he was full of shit ,when in reality their use of the stats
was the only thing full of it.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I've already thrown my hat into the "start Goff now" ring.

MG_7780.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Do you think Stan talks directly to Fisher about football operations or does he speak through Demoff. I know there is a hierarchy, I would think it would be the same most work places.

My guess is Fisher's agent is the one working out a deal with whoever the Rams rep is. Probably Demoff. Fisher is probably just concentrating on the team while he agent negotiates everything.