John Clayton thinks that the Rams and Fisher have already made a deal for an extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Shame, while I'm a Fisher fan, I just don't see us having a competent offense until we hire a real offensive coordinator. And I don't see Fisher doing that unless part of the extension is Stan telling him he has to clean house on O after this season.

Shame. I'm not a Fisher fan. He's not a good head coach. Keeping him will have us seeing exactly the same thing we saw the last 4 seasons. Sub par .500

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If Kroenke extends Fisher before Fisher produces so much as one winning season as Ram HC?

Well...

My Ram loyalty would be tested, to say the least. I would consider such a decision to be in Georgia Frontiere territory in terms of stupidity. I mean, World Class stupid.

And, as they say, you can't fix stupid. Lol.

Not saying I would become a Viking, Eagle, or Cowboy fan, mind you. But it pains me to see those teams making all the right moves and WINNING!

Besides, I ain't getting any younger as these seasons roll by. Know what I mean?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe it's our destiny to be fans of a team that only occasionally sniffs the post-season.

tumblr_muzoscOFi81sn3bcqo1_500.gif

In its 80 year history, the Franchise's overall record is 543-544-21. That's 500, fellas.
That's a lot of generations of fans who had some highs and lows throughout their allegiance.
Doesn't matter, though, does it.

tumblr_inline_o6tstsMcwp1u0tht4_500.gif

KayJay

Starter
They have gotten better. From poster ZN:

(Rams in terms of league rankings)

Keenum, QB Rating.
Season: 75.4
Last 3 games: 88.7

Points per Game
Season: 31st
Last 3 Games: 12th

Points per Play
Season: 29th
Last 3 Games: 8th

Team Yards per Play
Last 3 Games: 21st

Third Down Conversion Percentage
Season: 28th

Yards per Pass Attempt
Season: 18th
Last 3 Games: 5th

Yards per Pass Completion
Season: 7th
Last 3 Games: 2nd

One that has not changed much, and ranks very low: yards per attempt rushing. 31st to 29th.
I guess we are okay with mediocrity until everyone gets tired of it. To say that we have had improvement, but there is no impact; is like saying "I'm at the door, but haven't walked inside yet". We all know we have to start somewhere, but we've been jogging in place for quite some time with Fisher's head coaching decisions. Idk man, it seems like we are waiting for a party that will never start. Its where all the clamoring for Goff comes from. People are just hoping his talent will overtake the mediocre tag Fisher has on us every year.

That is a mark of Jeff Fisher teams. Riding mediocrity until they are able to sneak up on the NFL, only just to be let down at the worse possible second.

giphy.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess we are okay with mediocrity until everyone gets tired of it.
You can do what you want. I don't speak for everyone, and neither do you.
Be okay with it or be tired of it. It's a personal choice everyone can make for themselves.
In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and do my thing. See the positives where I wanna, and keep my head up.

KayJay

Starter
You can do what you want. I don't speak for everyone, and neither do you.
Be okay with it or be tired of it. It's a personal choice everyone can make for themselves.
In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and do my thing. See the positives where I wanna, and keep my head up.
Agreed.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I haven't seen anything better than an 8-8 season in all my time as a Rams fan*. If I was going to give up on them, it would've happened by now. Fisher getting an extension isn't going to deter me. I may not understand the decision, if it happens, but I can't control it either.

* maybe I'm a bad omen

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have gotten better. From poster ZN:

(Rams in terms of league rankings)

Keenum, QB Rating.
Season: 75.4
Last 3 games: 88.7

Points per Game
Season: 31st

Points per Play
Last 3 Games: 8th

Team Yards per Play
Last 3 Games: 21st

Third Down Conversion Percentage
Season: 28th

Yards per Pass Attempt
Season: 18th
Last 3 Games: 5th

Yards per Pass Completion
Season: 7th
Last 3 Games: 2nd

One that has not changed much, and ranks very low: yards per attempt rushing. 31st to 29th.
Just like last season, thank god for Tampa

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Maybe it's our destiny to be fans of a team that only occasionally sniffs the post-season.
Pretty sure the franchise is still one of the leaders in post-season appearances? So it hasn't been the Rams destiny until just recently.

In its 80 year history, the Franchise's overall record is 543-544-21. That's 500, fellas.
That's a lot of generations of fans who had some highs and lows throughout their allegiance.
Doesn't matter, though, does it.

tumblr_inline_o6tstsMcwp1u0tht4_500.gif
In its 80 year history the franchise has never been as bad as the last 10 years or so. In fact, I think I read the Rams had the worst 10-year stretch of not just Rams but any franchise in NFL history?

So I disagree with a gif of Rams fans as spoiled brats for wanting to be good more than once a decade. I think Rams fans still around after that stretch are the definition of die-hard.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Man, I wish I had a job like Fisher. No accountability, no metrics or quota's. His boss doesn't get angry with him for not performing, rather he gets an extension.

Jeff Fisher gets to show up, be absolutely mediocre, and go home with his job secure. I think the rest of us, can't get away with that. At least for as long as Fisher has.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I disagree with a gif of Rams fans as spoiled brats for wanting to be good more than once a decade. I think Rams fans still around after that stretch are the definition of die-hard.
Did I say that you, or anyone else, wasn't die-hard?

I was commenting (rather facetiously) on the fact that despite our history, we're sitting here with a winning record, and there's nothing but angst about every single game (win or lose). When we win, it's lucky. When we lose, it's expected. So make no mistake; there is no shortage of spoiled brats out there right now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's the alternative to that? Lose to Tampa?
I'll take what we got, because we earned it.
Definitely true.
Just pointing out how its been favorable to be included when cherry picking stats
Would love to see that improving trend continue tomorrow

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Did I say that you, or anyone else, wasn't die-hard?

I was commenting (rather facetiously) on the fact that despite our history, we're sitting here with a winning record, and there's nothing but angst about every single game (win or lose). When we win, it's lucky. When we lose, it's expected. So make no mistake; there is no shortage of spoiled brats out there right now.
(I think I got my decades messed up and it was actually the 90s Rams that were the worst in NFL history..?)

Anyway, my point is it's been rough to be a Rams fan lately and everyone here is still a fan despite the losing. So focusing on the 3-2 record doesn't make sense -- there's more to being a fan than the scoreboard. I'm actually more impressed with the fans that see what's going on behind the standings, have opinions on which teams are actually performing well versus the ones doing it with smoke & mirrors. I call those educated fans, not spoiled brats.