John Clayton thinks that the Rams and Fisher have already made a deal for an extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tumblr_mcwpwyZvKr1rujbfb.gif

View: https://soundcloud.com/101sports/john-clayton-thinks-that-the

WestCoastRam

Legend
Shame, while I'm a Fisher fan, I just don't see us having a competent offense until we hire a real offensive coordinator. And I don't see Fisher doing that unless part of the extension is Stan telling him he has to clean house on O after this season.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Do you think Stan talks directly to Fisher about football operations or does he speak through Demoff. I know there is a hierarchy, I would think it would be the same most work places.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I just feel like most of the guy's on the board that with another coaching staff and all the high draft picks over the past few years we would be further along win total wise and better prepared for games on a more consistent basis.
Thank goodness we have Williams as a D Co ordinater

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Its not like I don't like Fisher, it could be worse and we all know that.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
How about the Rams win their next 2 games and right after they get back home to Los Angeles, Fisher announces his new contract extension but also mentions that Goff will be starting vs Carolina...

Now that would be some Hollywood Sh!t

anigif_enhanced-9653-1421662920-5.gif

giphy.gif

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Shame, while I'm a Fisher fan, I just don't see us having a competent offense until we hire a real offensive coordinator. And I don't see Fisher doing that unless part of the extension is Stan telling him he has to clean house on O after this season.

While I think we still have a long way to go, I think Boras has gotten better and better pretty much every week calling plays, although I think we've got a long way to go . I truly believe fisher puts limitations on all of our coordinators.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
One thing I really love about Fisher and Snead, is that in the draft they usually go BPA, or trade down, as long as you always do that, more often than not you'll have many playmakers on both sides of the ball (which we do) at that point I just come down to play calling and execution.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that extending Fisher without even one winning season would be monumentally stupid. So it's probably true!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I think we still have a long way to go, I think Boras has gotten better and better pretty much every week calling plays, although I think we've got a long way to go . I truly believe fisher puts limitations on all of our coordinators.
They have gotten better. From poster ZN:

(Rams in terms of league rankings)

Keenum, QB Rating.
Season: 75.4
Last 3 games: 88.7

Points per Game
Season: 31st
Last 3 Games: 12th

Points per Play
Season: 29th
Last 3 Games: 8th

Team Yards per Play
Season: 29th
Last 3 Games: 21st

Third Down Conversion Percentage
Season: 28th
Last 3 Games: 12th

Yards per Pass Attempt
Season: 18th
Last 3 Games: 5th

Yards per Pass Completion
Season: 7th
Last 3 Games: 2nd

One that has not changed much, and ranks very low: yards per attempt rushing. 31st to 29th.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I actually thought they'd announce it after the 3 game win streak. Emotions were high with a winning record. Maybe that last loss made them wait. If they go 3-4 into the bye and announce an extension, there'll be a lot of angry fans and media.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There re probably stipulations in the extension, Like "Null an Void" If you don't have a Winning Season, OR "Can not announce this" until you've Won 9 games! Just thinking out loud!! ( Probably should have used Blue Font!!)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There re probably stipulations in the extension, Like "Null an Void" If you don't have a Winning Season, OR "Can not announce this" until you've Won 9 games! Just thinking out loud!! ( Probably should have used Blue Font!!)
All of it is much ado about nothing, Dave. Enos can give Fisher a 20 year extension and fire him the following day if he wants. None of it would be legally binding, and I'm sure Enos can eat whatever guarantees he decides to put in the contract. I'm not aware of any coaching contracts that have performance clauses; but to be honest, I haven't seen *any* coaching contracts either. lol.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This dude usually knows his stuff...

Question, does John Clayton really have that long ponytail?