John Clayton 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04182012104719.mp3[/rp3]

(About the schedule)
New Orleans got hit again. Once Joe Vitt comes back, they have 6 games in 7 weeks where they have to play playoff caliber teams. Baltimore's is a little tougher than you'd expect. Seattle has a tough start, but most of their tough games are at home. The team that's going suffer the most is the Giants. Their last 4 games are brutal. They might not win a game in that stretch.

(The #3 spot in the draft. What do you think they'll do?)
They'll probably keep the pick. I don't think there will be a trade worth taking. I think the Rams are waiting for Blackmon to slide down to 6, if not they go a different direction. Tampa Bay is really in love with Trent Richardson, but is it worth an extra pick or two to trade? I don't think so. They may be stuck with the pick, but being stuck with Matt Kalil isn't the worst thing in the world either.

(Will the Browns take Richardson?)
Yeah, I think they will. That's the guy they want the most. They had the workout (Tannehill and Richardson). Both Holmgren and Shurmur went to watch Richardson and not Tannehill. I think they're torn between Richardson and Blackmon, but I think they go with Richardson. They need a RB and WR, but I think they're more comfortable with Richardson.

(That means Blackmon might slide to the Rams)
I think a lot of columnists would rip the Rams if they passed on Blackmon. How long can you keep saying "We need a WR"... and if they pass on him... ?

(Anyone you think has risen or fallen dramatically?)
Coples is going to be intriguing. They lost his talent, but hate his work ethic. If you look at his talent, he's a top 10 guy, but his effort isn't. I can see him in Seattle at 12, but he could go as high as 7. He could sit based on that. Jonathan Martin could drop a little bit (OT out of Stanford). Melvin Ingram is a tweener who could go top 12 or late 20's.

(Is this one of the better drafts in a while?)
I think it is. It's a little weak at the tackle position, but for corners and wide receivers... this is about as deep a WR class as I've seen in a long time. A lot of big bodies out there who can move well and catch. Little weak at TE. LB position I can't too excited about either.