Joey Bosa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If the Rams were to sign a stop gap QB and a free agent WR (Manning, Benjamin) would you be against trading up for him?

My God imagine that transition for Ogletree in the middle when there's someone in the backfield every single snap.

If the Rams believe in grooming Mannion, and bringing in some help catching the ball, I'd love for this to happen. We can find a stud WR in the second round of this draft (Doctson, Boyd, Coleman) the fearsome foursome would be back.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I honestly dunno if Bosa is even the best DE in this class.

But even after the Draft, I dunno, I wouldn't be bothered if they drafted a DE high.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Each and every year there's one or two players that I just get the "bust" feeling for. This year, it's Bosa. So, yes, I'd be upset if we traded up for him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Each and every year there's one or two players that I just get the "bust" feeling for. This year, it's Bosa. So, yes, I'd be upset if we traded up for him.
I feel like you guys, there's just something I don't like about him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I must be upside down in this draft.... I have seen enough of Bosa in action to know what he is

God I hope he slips #15

But he'll end up in Baltimore and be an All Pro for years

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bosa's skills are power and technique, which don't degrade as fast as guys who rely on speed/athleticism. But my problem with the guy is he'll settle in as a LDE in the NFL. He's not a blindside guy and if someone takes him in the top 5 expecting that they are gonna be disappointed.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bosa's skills are power and technique, which don't degrade as fast as guys who rely on speed/athleticism. But my problem with the guy is he'll settle in as a LDE in the NFL. He's not a blindside guy and if someone takes him in the top 5 expecting that they are gonna be disappointed.

This.

I think he'll be a good player. I don't know if he'll be the big star some think. Not a bust. Was Chris Long a bust, even though he never became a huge star, but instead was an important player for years for the Rams, applying pressure consistently for others to get the sack, and to force quick throws? Just not somebody to trade a ton for to move up. I'd rather either the Rams filled a number of holes they have or soon will have, or use their assets to pump up the offense a bit.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think Bosa is just really polished from a technique standpoint, and he's nothing special athletically. He'll be above average in the pros, but not anything overly great because for the most part, he's kind of maxed out. I like him and at 15 I'd take him, but not trading up for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams were to sign a stop gap QB and a free agent WR (Manning, Benjamin) would you be against trading up for him?

My God imagine that transition for Ogletree in the middle when there's someone in the backfield every single snap.

If the Rams believe in grooming Mannion, and bringing in some help catching the ball, I'd love for this to happen. We can find a stud WR in the second round of this draft (Doctson, Boyd, Coleman) the fearsome foursome would be back.

No thanks. Boss reminds me of Iowa offensive linemen. So well coached that he is maxed out and he is not a twitchy athlete. I also think he is abit dirty with late hits. He seemed of character for Ohio state in that regard because he stood out as the late hit guy. They are always so good that stuff usually is needed. Some suggested droid rage.

I feel like you guys, there's just something I don't like about him.

I think Bosa is just really polished from a technique standpoint, and he's nothing special athletically. He'll be above average in the pros, but not anything overly great because for the most part, he's kind of maxed out. I like him and at 15 I'd take him, but not trading up for him.

Agreed. I would prefer Kevin Dodd. I think he has more potential because he kept getting better and had a late start in football. He played big in the playoffs. He fits as a run/pass defense like long but looks like he will have better pass rush skills. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick at 15.

With Fisher and Snead so focused on the QB success being tied to points allowed, they will be looking long and hard at the Rams next replacement for Long. With Hayes age he is shaky as the main guy at one DE spot. I don't think Fisher will be comfortable ignoring DE with Quinn's injury and a 31 year old as the best options. Westbrook has beefed up and played more interior and Longacre is a rotational guy.

Would everyone's head explode if they took DE over Treadwell? There aren't many good options at DE outside the top 4-5 guys.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks. Boss reminds me of Iowa offensive linemen. So well coached that he is maxed out and he is not a twitchy athlete. I also think he is abit dirty with late hits. He seemed of character for Ohio state in that regard because he stood out as the late hit guy. They are always so good that stuff usually is needed. Some suggested droid rage.

Agreed. I would prefer Kevin Dodd. I think he has more potential because he kept getting better and had a late start in football. He played big in the playoffs. He fits as a run/pass defense like long but looks like he will have better pass rush skills. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick at 15.

With Fisher and Snead so focused on the QB success being tied to points allowed, they will be looking long and hard at the Rams next replacement for Long. With Hayes age he is shaky as the main guy at one DE spot. I don't think Fisher will be comfortable ignoring DE with Quinn's injury and a 31 year old as the best options. Westbrook has beefed up and played more interior and Longacre is a rotational guy.

Would everyone's head explode if they took DE over Treadwell? There aren't many good options at DE outside the top 4-5 guys.

While you seem to have taken a shot at Ohio State there, I agree with you on Bosa. I was not even a little bit impressed with him this year. The defense was our strong suit, but Bosa just didn't flash or stand out, save for one or two games. I know he was probably getting double teamed, but it's not like OSU doesn't have other great players on the D line...he's not the only one to worry about.

But I don't think he's dirty...he gets hits on the QB that are borderline and he got ejected for targeting....but I wouldn't call that dirty. The hits on the QB are hits that nearly every NFL d lineman make too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
While you seem to have taken a shot at Ohio State there, I agree with you on Bosa. I was not even a little bit impressed with him this year. The defense was our strong suit, but Bosa just didn't flash or stand out, save for one or two games. I know he was probably getting double teamed, but it's not like OSU doesn't have other great players on the D line...he's not the only one to worry about.

But I don't think he's dirty...he gets hits on the QB that are borderline and he got ejected for targeting....but I wouldn't call that dirty. The hits on the QB are hits that nearly every NFL d lineman make too.

No that was a typo. Using this Kindle sucks because I miss the typos too often. I prefer sitting at the desk. It was too late to edit when I realized. I meant that Ohio State is always good enough that they don't rely on playing dirty. And as a PSU fan I know that Larry Johnson does not coach anyone to play like that. Bosa stood out as a late hitter and borderline dirty hitter. Uncharacteristic of what I see from most Ohio State players in general, since Meyer is in charge at least.