Joe Theismann On Bradford, Playoffs, Redskins ♬

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ever notice, if you want to find an argument, just look for Jrry32 lol. That's and opinionated fella right there. While it used to irk me, it makes me laugh now. Go get em Jerry

Alan

Legend
dodgerram with something I can get on board with:
Well, I would bet you 100:1 that NO GM or HC in the NFL would trade CK for SB to start his team.

I agree totally agree with this.

But I would trade SB for CK if they threw in a QB too. :cool:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I know dodgerram and I know RFIP.

Somewhere between the two of them is the truth on Bradford. :lol::lol::lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ever notice, if you want to find an argument, just look for Jrry32 lol. That's and opinionated fella right there. While it used to irk me, it makes me laugh now. Go get em Jerry

I think I can still manage to irk you. Just depends on the argument. :wink:

RFIP

Amazing how similar those stats are, good job!

But its the flash that gets everyones attention, if Smith throws a 20 yard out to Davis its ho-hum but if Kap breaks contain and runs for 20 well that's just an amazing play (for some) and gets on Sports center, even though he had the same receiver open but may have missed him.

I've heard Greg Cossell talk about this, he says Kap is a half field-one/two read guy, then he runs.

Now full disclosure, I am not a big Cossell guy but his comments here are dead on, he also openly says that Newtons mechanics are a mess and that because they've asked him to do much LESS, coupled with their D, is why they are now winning. He talked about how wildly inaccurate he is on the intermediate stuff because he's and arm thrower and dosn't rotate.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Funny, the producer considers himself "honest" observer . . . and Theismann calls him out on it, as an "observer" . . . that's what happens with the bashers, they thing they are only ones being honest because I guess in their mind, negative is more honest than positive.
It really is a way of thought for some

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
In the words of George Costanza. "It's not a lie if you believe it"
Well I get the joke , but JUST the "I'm an objective observer" pronouncement, confers illegitimacy on those who dissent.
It's a way of setting ones opinion above others without proof

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Well I get the joke , but JUST the "I'm an objective observer" pronouncement, confers illegitimacy on those who dissent.
It's a way of setting ones opinion above others without proof

The most biased people usually start off their statements with, "Im an objective observer".

A good friend of mine, who is a left wing extremist, keeps telling me he is a centrist. I just laugh.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The most biased people usually start off their statements with, "Im an objective observer".

A good friend of mine, who is a left wing extremist, keeps telling me he is a centrist. I just laugh.

Assumptive worlds

dodgerram

UDFA
Joe Staley, Mike Iupati, Jonathan Goodwin, Alex Boone and Anthony Davis. They have two top 10 OGs, a top 10 LT, a top 10 RT and a meh Center. I don't care who is behind it, that's a darn good OL. If it's not the best in the OL, it's in the top 5. And the OL did not look bad when Smith was behind it. Smith just preferred to take sacks rather than risk INTs.

Well, yes, it is a good line, no objection from my side , but the fact remains that it look a lot better since CK took over from AS. You already mentioned the number of decreased sacks given up by SF because CK can move around, avoid sacks and make positive yardage out of a broken play.

If you want to talk stats, San Francisco allowed the 2nd fewest pressures in the NFL this year behind Cincinnati.

Again, I attribute that in large part to CK and his mobility. Mildly speaking, lol.

And without Crabtree, Kaepernick had 14 passing TDs to 7 Ints in 11 games. Sam had 14 passing TDs to 4 Ints in 7 games. Kaepernick still had Boldin and Vernon Davis.

Why do you leave out his numbers on the ground ? As I said CK is a dual threat who can beat you both ways. So why do you diligently leave out his rushing and scrambling numbers ? Oh, sure, does not fit your opinion.:oops:

In large part? That Frank Gore guy was pretty darn good before Kaepernick became the QB.

Yes, he was. Before CK took over this was Gores team, now it is Kaepernicks.He is the one opposing DCs scheme their defense for. Not Gore.

Regular season W-L records:
2011 49ers with Alex Smith - 13-3
2013 49ers with Kaepernick - 12-4
2012 49ers with Alex Smith - 6-2
2012 49ers with Kaepernick - 5-2
(The Tie was not counted since both played in that game)

Alex Smith in 2011 and 2012 - 30 passing TDs to 10 Ints
Colin Kaepernick in 2012 and 2013 - 31 passing TDs to 11 Ints

First of all let me thank your for digging up those numbers. I really appreciate it for the discussion. Numbers surprisingly for me are very , very similar. Would not have thought it is that close in the passing game. But yet again: The thing that sets CK apart is his ability to run and run fast and well.You can not look at him or make comparisions with Smith or Bradford and leave out his running stats and what they mean to this team.

And Alex Smith would have taken them to the Super Bowl in 2011 had Kyle Williams not fumbled a punt.

And you are telling me I use complete conjecture ?:disappoint:

I fail to see where Kaepernick has elevated the team. Don't get me wrong, they were smart to go with Kaepernick. He has more upside than Alex Smith. But at the moment, he's not elevating the team above where Smith would have it.

And once more pure conjecture on your part since CK has taken them to the SB and Smith not in all his years.

In the future, if he improves as a passer...he very possibly could.

No, it is already happening right in front of your eyes but you deliberately have decided to not look at it (which I can understand since it pains me too to see what this freak has done for the Whiners:frown:

After a completely underwhelming performance. And, of course, you're conveniently leaving this out:
y5bs.png

That happened on the 3rd play of his final game winning drive. Of course, the DB ended up dropping the ball. So maybe we should count Kaepernick as insanely lucky too. Because he threw away the game to the Packers and they gave it right back.

Yes, he got BIG TIME lucky on this play. But as you know luck is part of the GAME (yes, it is still a game after all) and every winning QB has had his share of dropped ints. Even the really great ones.I remember Warner having a couple of passes in the NFC championship game against TB that were nearly intercepted but he came back and hit Proehl with the winning strike. And CK overcame that near desaster on Sunday and still was able to drive his team into field goal distance to win it

Well, first of all, what you're saying is complete conjecture. I highly doubt you have round-table discussions with NFL GMs and Head Coaches so you wouldn't know if what you're saying is true or not. It's just an easy thing to throw out there since you don't have to back it up. Second of all, Sam coming off a serious knee injury complicates things. But in terms of 2013 performance, yep, before he got hurt, he was outplaying Colin Kaepernick and he's currently the better passer. Kaepernick's legs are the X Factor but I've always preferred pocket passing QBs.

Look, I will leave it at that. This makes no sense. You decided that Bradford is the second coming , is better than most other QBs in this league with CK included and so be it. You have made up your mind and so have I. 2014 will decide who is right and who is wrong. I hope it will be me to eat crow because otherwise yet another Rams season will end in bitter disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or I haven't decided that but you're making an assumption. Maybe I just don't rate Kaepernick that highly. I think my evaluation of Bradford is relatively moderate on this board. There are plenty of posters that are more pro-Bradford than I am. I am actually willing to replace Bradford with the right QB(Teddy Bridgewater). I just don't rate him the way you do. Which is fine. Different strokes for different folks but all I ask is that you not put words in my mouth because you don't like my stance. It's dishonest. I don't think I've done anything to deserve it other than be firm with my stance. Thank you and have a nice day.

dodgerram

UDFA
No one has put words in your mouth than yourself.

Other than that no explanation from you why you deliberantly ignore CK rushing and running numbers. Not one peep.

On Bridgewater we agree. If the Rams can get their hand on him IMO they should think long and carefully if they take thim.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Disclaimer:
Apparently my post Nr. 32 in this thread can only be read in full when Click to expand is pushed.
looks to me as if I have to get used to this kind of software and how quotes are included in an answer. Sorry for that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No one has put words in your mouth than yourself.
Yes you did. You said...

Look, I will leave it at that. This makes no sense. You decided that Bradford is the second coming , is better than most other QBs in this league...

And he never said either of those things.

dodgerram

UDFA
So -x-,
its okay for him to read between the lines but not for me or others ?
Technically speaking you got me I give you that because he never said exactly what I proclaimed, but have you read his previous posts too ?

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Is Joe Theisman the guy who used to do Monday Night Football when it was first on ESPN?

He always came across as a bit of a dingus to me but he's actually talking a lot of sense in that clip.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So -x-,
its okay for him to read between the lines but not for me or others ?
Technically speaking you got me I give you that because he never said exactly what I proclaimed, but have you read his previous posts too ?

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a moderator, so I don't make those kinds of judgments or decisions. You said you didn't put words in his mouth, and I just showed you that you did. I'm not about to police everybody's posts in here to make sure they're being genuine or accurate. But I did read Jrry's posts, and he didn't infer anything you didn't already imply.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Man, I can't wait for this season to start so we can finally resolve the Bradford question.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, I can't wait for this season to start so we can finally resolve the Bradford question.
lol. Yeah right. Even after 2 Super Bowls, Giants fans are STILL divided on Eli. Same with Ravens fans and Flacco.