Joe Namath's last interview before what proved to be his last game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was fun watching players from the past in this film clip! Tyler, Jesse, etc. etc.!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Cool. An old decrepit has been. Namath. Bert Jones. It always works out pretty good for us.

Anybody know where we could get one o' them?

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
:cry: Brings tears to my eyes. Growing up Joe Willie was my idol. Him signing with LA is the sole reason I'm a Ram fan today.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
:cry: Brings tears to my eyes. Growing up Joe Willie was my idol. Him signing with LA is the sole reason I'm a Ram fan today.

While I can appreciate the sentiment, I was at the coliseum from his first appearance until his last. It was easy to see (preseason) the difference in offensive energy when Haden was on the field versus Namath. Not that he didn't acquaint himself at times.....there certainly were moments and flashes, sweet but fleeting unfortunately. IMO, most fans favored Haden by the time preseason was over, but how do you pass on Broadway Joe, especially in LA?

To me, it's simply a lesson not to go with a legend when the legend no longer exists.....what is it they say about history?.... "It may not always repeat, but it often rhymes."