Joe Haden thinks the Browns and Cavs can both win big

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-thinks-the-browns-and-cavs-can-both-win-big/

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 12, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
x350-e1383305436851.jpg
AP
The Browns are approaching legitimacy, building a strong defense which could buy time for an offense that’s losing a key part, but adding a potential star in quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Their NBA neighbors got the quick-fix Friday, gaining superstar LeBron James.
But Browns cornerback Joe Haden said he wasn’t sure which team would win a title first.
“LeBron makes things happen pretty quickly, so we’re going to have to get to it,” Haden said during an NFL Network appearance, via the Akron Beacon Journal. ” I say it’s going to be a tight fight. I know me and Manziel will be pushing to make that happen before. That’s why LeBron is coming here to bring a championship to the city and I’m trying to do the same thing.”
Haden joked that he’d give James his jersey number 23 if he’d join the Browns, but noted that the buzz around the NBA team didn’t discount the progress they’ve made.
“Even if LeBron hadn’t have come, I felt really confident about what we got going on as far as the Browns organization and the way the direction that we’re going,” he said. “This is just nothing but add-on to it. This just boosts peoples’ spirits up. I think at the end of the day, what we have with the Browns we feel like we can games, we feel like our defense is very, very, very strong. With [Johnny] Manziel and [Brian] Hoyer fighting for the quarterback position, Ben Taint at running back — we’ve got a lot of different moving positions on offense. It could be special for us. I think with this team, we’re going to have a really big push.”
The simple math of 22 starters vs. five means it’s easier for one player to make a huge difference for the team, but if Manziel can play to the star-status he’s reached by hanging around James, the Browns could be interesting in the next few years.

SierraRam

Recreational User
"The Browns are approaching legitimacy..." and will still finish 4th in their division. They're better, but Cincy is very good, Pittsburgh finally figured it out late, and Baltimore is always tough - especially at home. Like many, I can't wait to watch the Manziel reality show unfold. And I'm damn glad it's for someone else!

“LeBron makes things happen pretty quickly,..." Yes, the Cavs are immediately in the running for which NBA East team gets slaughtered by any West representitive in the finals.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This should be in Other Sports cuz there ain't no pro football in Cleveland

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It would be easier to root for the Browns to pull out of the decades of quicksand without JM there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We'll the Cavs will win and might win the whole thing in two years...Good for the city of Cleveland, they needed that! As to the Browns I hope they win an AFC Championship and then lose to the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl, I have no issue with that scenario whatsoever...Headline "Manziel Not Ram Tough!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The idea that the Browns are suddenly ready to compete is not settling well with me. Looking at their team, they lost their best player in Josh Gordon, they are undecided at QB, they have an injury prone runner in Ben Taint, a top 5 TE in Jordan Cameron, a respectable defense lead by Joe Haden (top 5 corner), and a new coach for the second straight year. Is that a recipe for a contending team? Maybe in the AFC...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The idea that the Browns are suddenly ready to compete is not settling well with me. Looking at their team, they lost their best player in Josh Gordon, they are undecided at QB, they have an injury prone runner in Ben Taint, a top 5 TE in Jordan Cameron, a respectable defense lead by Joe Haden (top 5 corner), and a new coach for the second straight year. Is that a recipe for a contending team? Maybe in the AFC...

Good point Ramrasta.

They might be building something, but there are a lot of question marks with that squad!

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Potentially tough defense (Hayden, Gilbert at the corners, Kruger and Sheard at passing rushing positions, Dansby and Phil Taylor up the middle), terrific offensive line, but nothing but questions at the offensive skills positions outside of Cameron.

Could work if Taint stays healthy, or Terrance West emerges as a running threat. Probably won't though, because they're the Browns.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
So the Cavs have Lebron James and the Browns have.... Manziel. See the difference? Dont forget Gordon is suspended, either.