Joe Flacco's new contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-in-new-money-44-million-at-signing/#content

Flacco gets $66.4 million in new money, $44 million at signing
Posted by Josh Alper on March 2, 2016

Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has agreed to a three-year extension designed to chop down his $28.55 million cap hit in 2016 and an even bigger one in 2017.

According to multiple reports, he’s accomplished that with a deal that gives him $44 million in guaranteed money at signing. Flacco will receive a $40 million signing bonus that can be spread over the life of the deal, which is now set to expire after the 2021 season, and a $4 million base salary for the 2016 season. The deal drops his cap hit by $6 million this season.

Flacco made $62 million over the last three seasons, which means he’s at $106 million in total earnings over the last four years. It’s hard to argue with the observation that Flacco has taken full advantage of his earning power since winning a Super Bowl with the Ravens in February 2013.

The total new money in the deal is $66.4 million, which is an average per year of over $22.1 million. That would the highest in the league, although the total including the original deal is lower and Saints quarterback Drew Brees‘ expected extension this offseason could further alter the landscape for NFL quarterbacks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm still amazed that Ozzie did this deal. Flacco cleaned them out LOL.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I guess he hasn't gutted the team enough yet. That unibrow won't have anyone to throw to before long.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Ravens screwed this up big time. Easy to say in hindsight but alot of people couldn't believe the original deal they gave him. He's been nowhere near as good since he got paid. Maybe they should have tagged him after the Superbowl win to see if he could play that well again. That's alot of money for meh. And now they gave him $44m extra, right now. That's over $100m for 4 years. And unless he plays lights out it will be for 4 years of meh.

They were in a bad situation after that Superbowl win. Keep your qb or keep the rest of your team. I guess whichever way they went about it they were screwed.