Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to handle Thursday Night Football?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-buck-troy-aikman-to-handle-thursday-nights/

FOX now wants Joe Buck, Troy Aikman to handle Thursday nights
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2018

508827132-e1501689165465.jpg

Getty Images

After trying and failing to hire Peyton Manning, FOX now wants to do on Thursday Night Football what CBS and NBC did previously: Give double duty to the network’s top Sunday crew.

That would be Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, whom FOX is asking to handle Thursday nights, according to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post.

It’s not clear yet whether Buck and Aikman will accept that offer. They’ll obviously want more money for more work, and they might object to the schedule. Buck, in particular, already has a busy schedule in the fall because he handles baseball postseason games for FOX. The network might need to give the pair some Sundays off to avoid burning them out.

FOX made a major five-year investment in Thursday nights and wants to find the right broadcast team. Other potential analysts whose names have surfaced include the recently retired Joe Thomas and Carson Palmer.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Joe Buck inherited that velvet voice from his daddy, but way too self centered for my liking. When they were the St. Louis Rams, Buck put the Rams down because he did not want to come off as a homer and now that they are now in Los Angeles, well, now he truly dislikes the Rams. Aikman is an excellent analyst IMHO, unless he's doing a Dallas game...Regardless I do have the ability to tune out announcers, sure wish Chris Myers got the gig, he loves the Rams.

Ram65

Legend
Never been an Aikman fan. Chris Myers has done a lot of Rams games. I might been one of a few but, I liked Phil Simms.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The Buck nepotism hasn’t bothered me. He seems a bit cocky but a lot of them are.

A smart ass.

I like Aikman.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh, it's just as bad as the last TNF crew IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the network is trying to make Thursday night games into a better product. I don't think Buck and Aikman is going to improve anything. Thursday night games will always be a watered down product that players hate. They aren't fully recovered from Sunday, so neither team is in top shape, and players fear injury from not being ready to play, but Joe and Troy will somehow make it a better experience for fans. LOL

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Quality of the Thursday night games aren't going to change because of who the NFL puts as commentators. If the NFL wants to see improvement, they best expand to two bye weeks a season with one occurring prior to Thursday Night Football

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

after watching the rams-eagles game last year i detest both these fuckwits. went on all game about mcvay talking to goff until the 15 second cutoff. fuck these clowns.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

btw, i find it amusing these networks think people actually care who is commentating these games. that they would decide to tune in because these two were in the commentary booth. or somehow the game is more prestigious because the network is using it's number 1 commentary team.

strange thinking indeed.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Joe Buck inherited that velvet voice from his daddy, but way too self centered for my liking. When they were the St. Louis Rams, Buck put the Rams down because he did not want to come off as a homer and now that they are now in Los Angeles, well, now he truly dislikes the Rams. Aikman is an excellent analyst IMHO, unless he's doing a Dallas game...Regardless I do have the ability to tune out announcers, sure wish Chris Myers got the gig, he loves the Rams.

I think Aikman is great. He’s a life long Rams fan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Aikman is great. He’s a life long Rams fan.

Didn't know that. Just as an analyst, though, I think he is one of the best. Buck's not the greatest, but in pairing him with Aikman I think Thursday Nights are in good hands.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If this happens...

I'll be watching the Thursday Night games on mute.

Fuck Buck. I hope all of his MANY hair plugs fall out.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Buck has a good way of building the drama pre-game. But I'm not a fan his during the game. I do like Aikman. Honestly though, I liked Romo doing games. He really got into it and explained a lot of the nuances fans never knew about. But his voice just doesn't resonate for a commentator.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Joe Buck inherited that velvet voice from his daddy, but way too self centered for my liking. When they were the St. Louis Rams, Buck put the Rams down because he did not want to come off as a homer and now that they are now in Los Angeles, well, now he truly dislikes the Rams.
When I first heard Buck during a baseball game....didn't realize the connection to his dad....just said, damn this guy LOVES the Cards.......LOLOL!

Don't mind him....hell...pull for something..I guess.

Troy is different....Sooner to Bruin to Cowboy.....first QB I really looked at from college to pro that had success (and Aikeman looked horrible as a rookie...thought he was gonna get killed). I watched Rodney Peete too. He's a Cowboy...but he has a way of explaining the game that the viewer can easily follow.

I miss the comedians in the booth....should have guest analysts...or hooters girls...something.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I miss the comedians in the booth....should have guest analysts...or hooters girls...something.
I support this^^^ BIG TIME!!

I would like a Comedian like George Carlin ..

Blow it.png

Maybe some Ladies with a 'Sports Background' Like Vollyball ..

beachvolleyball7.jpg

Just a few idea's!!:cool:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Didn't know that. Just as an analyst, though, I think he is one of the best. Buck's not the greatest, but in pairing him with Aikman I think Thursday Nights are in good hands.

True true.

Yes, I was watching an interview that Aikman was doing with Marshall and Kurt Warner. He came to a point and asked them both who their life long team was outside of playing for the teams they played on. Marshall said NO Saints - he is from NOLA. Kurt said he was a Cowboys fan. Then Troy said something like “for me it was the Rams. I grew up in SO CAL and went to UCLA - Rams fan.”

I also remember a playoff game between the Cards (when they were going) and someone I can’t recall. He and Buck were calling it. Then this play ran and someone on the defense basically grabbed and tackled the Cards TE. Really obvious and flagrant. Both he and Buck talked about it. Then Aikman said something like, “ya that’s the kind of stuff the Rams had to put up with in the 2001 Super Bowl.” I was like ya Troy preach!!!! HAHA Loved that.