Joe Barksdale poised to hit free-agent market/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is Free better than Joe?
That oline in Dallas is the best in the business.
I can't count the times I've seen Romo stand in the pocket for 5 + seconds.
I honestly don't know because I haven't seen Free play all that often. Watching the Cowboys is like trying to shave my eyeballs.
According to the holy grail of grades, though (PFF), they both graded out poorly last year. And I mean *very* poorly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I honestly don't know because I haven't seen Free play all that often. Watching the Cowboys is like trying to shave my eyeballs.
According to the holy grail of grades, though (PFF), they both graded out poorly last year. And I mean *very* poorly.
I have a feeling that if the staff really wanted to keep him, they would have extended him before letting him hit the market. Way before. Like "last year" before.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

Remember that 68 yard pass from Romo to Dez Bryant where right before Romo threw it, Kendall Langford was dragged down from behind by his horse collar? That was Free.

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000397970/Romo-connects-with-Dez-Bryant-for-a-68-yard-touchdown

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
ESPN Giants reporter Dan Graziano hears New York is not interested in free agent RT Joe Barksdale.
Barksdale would make sense for the Giants as they look to transition current RT Justin Pugh to guard, but his asking price may be too high. Barksdale is reportedly looking for a contract in excess of $6 million annually. He is Rotoworld's No. 4 available free-agent tackle. Mar 7 - 8:58 AM
Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

upload_2015-3-7_14-34-52.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
Newton, the RT for Texans just re-upped with them. With Free gone too, Joe's the prettiest girl at the ball right now. Makes it harder for the Rams to sign him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who are these mythical 'mid-tier' players whom you are convinced will turn our O-Line into a strength rather than weakness ?
I appreciate your passion, but i'm sure you've heard about contracts with incentive clauses. Guys like Iupati & Bulaga, even JLong, should he return, expect to see them as part of any offer. You name a string of past free agent busts, so are we to stop playing the game due to bad decision making, or do we learn to play it better ? It was only a few years back when Rams fans were saying we should never draft a DT, ... then Brockers & Donald happened.

I just gave you multiple names. Nothing "mythical" about them.

This isn't the draft. It's not analogous. This is free agency. Teams that go spend big money in free agency rarely see it pan out.

Do I need to explain how a better rush helps the QB, and in turn, the passing game ? Iupati and Bulaga are very good at what they do, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't develop later round draftees to improve depth.

And there it is. That's exactly why I say no.

You can tinker with your personnel, bringing in lesser talent and praying they answer your needs, or you can fix the problem with a couple solid vets and add improved depth thru the draft.

Well, fortunately for us, that's not my plan. My plan is to bring in solid vets and then draft top talent. We get our solid vets, we get our depth, and our top talent is young and on a rookie contract.