Jo-lonn Dunbar has been released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Listening to the fast lane, Dunbars failed tests were NOT PED's. Sorry if posted already, didn't want to look through all the pages haha.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ummmm.... Maybe Fish doesn't want to be Petey or Jim Jim?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just heard we are bringing Urlacher in for a looksie!

Ok, not really :sly:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:
max with excellent reasoning:
A short while ago, I saw a list of the teams with the most arrests and drug suspensions over the past year. The Rams were at the top of the list. Dunbar, Watkins, Pead, TruJohnson, were all culprits. Add to that the fact that the Rams have quite a few young guys who came with baggage and you gotta appreciate what Fisher is doing here. He is sending a message to the young guys, and it makes perfect sense.

I like the thinking here max but I'm not sure how effective it will be. Of course if it has a positive effect on even a few of them it will have been worth it.
If it's true of course.

It's certainly true that they have character issues. And they are being fined for them.

What's not known yet is if Dunbar has failed another test recently. We don't know his current condition. The guy could be a chronic problem. It may come out eventually. It usually does.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
max responded:
It's certainly true that they have character issues. And they are being fined for them.

What's not known yet is if Dunbar has failed another test recently. We don't know his current condition. The guy could be a chronic problem. It may come out eventually. It usually does.

Over and above these side issues is what do we lose on the field. I really liked his in the box toughness and tackling abilities. Having said that, as others have noted he was a liability in pass defense. We would probably have drafted his replacement next year and it's better for the Rams if we give the players we have the experience. Of course that would require us to start someone like Ray Ray over Spoon which I highly recommend they do. It doesn't have to be Ray Ray but you know my views about what Spoon brings to the table. My only issue with cutting Dunbar is the timing. I would have liked it much better if we had used the first four games to see what we have and then make the decision.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
V3 said:
Selassie I said:
The Staff feels like cutting him is the best option... I'm gonna trust in their decision. They know better than any of us what we have with and without him.

I've heard this before with Spags, Linehan, Martz, etc. Fisher is definitely better but he still hasn't won anything. I don't trust anyone.

I completely understand being gun-shy after the personnel disasters we've had to endure. I didn't trust the last 2 at all... however, Fish & Co give me a strong sense of security.

Not to mention,,, john Dysfunction shaw, The Ring Leader of The Clown Show , is finally removed from the football side of our team. Billy D was his last remaining hire. So shaw's Stench has been gone for over a year now... look at how quickly things have changed for the better. Faster than most believed was possible.

Trust in The Force... I mean Fish ... young Jedi. Trust him you should.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
PEEPS remember he had already LOST his position from last year to a rookie.
Just how he was practicing since he wasn't going to play the first four games, HOW he took the decision to insert Spoon as the starter ,all factors.

This aint yer 2012 JO Lon Dunbar ,furthermore remember WHERE we got him, Nawlins , where his first violation probably occurred we took him on as a manageable risk on the recommendation of........... Greg or Blake Williams ,we likely KNEW of some past "considerations".

Nah no panties in a bunch here.

V3

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
V3 said:
Selassie I said:
The Staff feels like cutting him is the best option... I'm gonna trust in their decision. They know better than any of us what we have with and without him.

I've heard this before with Spags, Linehan, Martz, etc. Fisher is definitely better but he still hasn't won anything. I don't trust anyone.

I completely understand being gun-shy after the personnel disasters we've had to endure. I didn't trust the last 2 at all... however, Fish & Co give me a strong sense of security.

Not to mention,,, john Dysfunction shaw, The Ring Leader of The Clown Show , is finally removed from the football side of our team. Billy D was his last remaining hire. So shaw's Stench has been gone for over a year now... look at how quickly things have changed for the better. Faster than most believed was possible.

I have trust issues. Until he's won a Super Bowl, I can't.

That being said, perhaps there's something else going on. That's the only way I can justify this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Agreed on the possibility of something else going on.

Many possibilities behind the scenes on this one. We'll see it play out after week 4 I bet.

nighttrain

Legend
Selassie I said:
Agreed on the possibility of something else going on.

Many possibilities behind the scenes on this one. We'll see it play out after week 4 I bet.
many possibilities, but if it's recreational drugs we're talking about, Fisher has to have a heavy hand on display for our young players with possible issues

and if it was PED's, he might be a stiff without them, but even if not a very bad influence on team
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
V3 said:
Selassie I said:
V3 said:
Selassie I said:

I have trust issues. Until he's won a Super Bowl, I can't.

That being said, perhaps there's something else going on. That's the only way I can justify this.
So a superbowl is the only way to trust a coach. What if he loses said superbowl do trust issue remain.
The snish has so far gave Street cred to a team thats been circling the drain so to speak for a decade. If not for a few bounces we would have been a +500 team last year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/375351489700450304[/tweet]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Why not just cut Bradford?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Why not just cut Bradford?
That's what I was thinking, that would solve all of our cap problems.