JJ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jenkins is sloppy. I think he is a liability. Maybe when Tru is back in game shape they can sit JJ or move him to the slot.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I don't understand why they didn't have safety help over the top, but either way Crabtree broke his ankles.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wont blame JJ for that TD. Corners get beat constantly. But on that play, there was no safety help deep. You can't leave a guy on an island like that. There has to be at least ONE safety deep.

Robert

Rookie
I don't understand why they didn't have safety help over the top, but either way Crabtree broke his ankles.
That was EJ Gaines that got beat on the touchdown by crabtree. JJ got beat by Brandon Loyd with 25 seconds left. That play was a game changer in my opinion

V3

Hall of Fame
I wont blame JJ for that TD. Corners get beat constantly. But on that play, there was no safety help deep. You can't leave a guy on an island like that. There has to be at least ONE safety deep.
I'm pretty sure that was the defensive play call by Williams. The safeties were brought in to defend the run or short pass.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's almost as bad as his boss calling man-to-man coverage/single high safety with a minute to go in the half with a two score lead with 80 yards cushion behind your D.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Well either way he should of had safety help being that close to the end zone, especially being a rookie. Greg's defense looks like it was thrived off locker room pay checks rather than good coaching.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I agree the play call was garbage, but I blame JJ too. There's plenty of suck to go around.

jjab360

Legend
He's just not good. He's like a bankrupt man's version of Asante Samuel. All of the bad plays, so few of the good ones. When Tru comes back, it needs to be him and Gaines starting, Janoris competing with Joyner for nickel snaps.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I agree the safety should have stayed but JJ takes unnecessary risk. Teams know it and that's why they pick on him. Never been a fan. The rookies are better.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I agree the safety should have stayed but JJ takes unnecessary risk. Teams know it and that's why they pick on him. Never been a fan. The rookies are better.

Gaines is better so far, yes.

But on that play, if there is a safety, he gets pushed out of bounds 25 yards downfield.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Gaines is better so far, yes.

But on that play, if there is a safety, he gets pushed out of bounds 25 yards downfield.
Oh no doubt but I played both positions on that side of the field and at that point in the game our Dback coach preached don't let anybody get behind you. The safety sliding looked like play design possibly. If so the coordinator is tripping. In any case it shouldn't have happened. JJ was in that picture a lot last year as well. I chalked it up to being young then but I don't know what to think now.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

How can you not blame JJ on that play? He was beat on a medicocre double move, and was embarrassingly beat by Riley Cooper. They are 3rd/4th string WRs.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
There was receiver from a couple weeks back talking about how JJ was a sucker for the double move

Irish

Starter
JJ got absolutely worked tonight. At one point my section was saying that Kaepernick didn't even bother looks at Gaines, he just stared at Jenkins, threw the ball for 21 yards or 18 yards or 81 yards, and called it a day.

Talk about a guy who is regressing, Jenkins is the worst offender on the team. Guys like Laurinaitis or McLeod or Brockers aren't declining or regressing, they just plateaued because they aren't stud players, they are just guys. Jenkins, however, regresses and has been since last season.

Really starting to wonder if it is Jenkins, and not Gaines, who should be concerned about TruJo returning soon.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Dez Byrant did. I was on talkStl with Zav and Rod, and Dez said to Rod that you could do the double to JJ all day with no problem. Hopefully it's not a trend everyone notices.

Debacled

Starter
You CANNOT even think about trying to jump a route with 25 seconds left in the half knowing all too well that there is zero safety help over the top. #1 priority there should have been DO NOT LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU. Literally the only thing he absolutely had to do there and he failed hard.

Good call, bad call, doesn't matter he bit hard on the fake and got burnt to a crisp because of it. Momentum changer.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm pretty sure that was the defensive play call by Williams. The safeties were brought in to defend the run or short pass.

Did you see the play breakdown? They dropped JL55 deep, and brought rodney up to defend the RB on his circle route. I think he's trying to get too cute. Use what you have, and play straight up, with some blitzing....he's getting "TOO EXOTIC".