JJ Watt vs Ohio State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wrstdude

Rookie
Saw this video pop up on twitter and I thought it was an interesting study after watching tape on Clowney and Donald this draft season. JMO, but I found this particular performance rather pedestrian. There's no way to know if tape translates to future performance, but this particular video makes me feel better about Clowney's potential. It also shows how much work ethic and desire separate those w/ talent which also worries me about Clowney.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Have to disagree. Watt looked like a man possessed in that vid. He showed everything you would want in a DL, from power to speed and ability to get off the line....even the smarts to sit back in contain situations. Dude is no joke.

Last edited:

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't get me wrong-there was some good in there. But you can see a lot of what is complained about WRT Clowney. I saw missed tackles and was blocked 7 yards back on a run play. Lost containment on the edge early too. A lot was just how terrible Pryor is/was.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Have to disagree. Watt looked like a man possessed in that vid. He showed everything you would want in a DL, from power to speed and ability to get off the line....even the smarts to sit back in contain situations. Dude is no joke.

Agreed, Watt looked incredible.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah bro no disrespect but I don't see what you were watching. Watt looked like a beast. Plus you have to factor in he would have had another 3-4 sacks if he wasn't going up against a very slippery qb with 4.3 speed

PhxRam

Saw this video pop up on twitter and I thought it was an interesting study after watching tape on Clowney and Donald this draft season. JMO, but I found this particular performance rather pedestrian. There's no way to know if tape translates to future performance, but this particular video makes me feel better about Clowney's potential. It also shows how much work ethic and desire separate those w/ talent which also worries me about Clowney.

I wont leave you out on a island brother, I see it too.

Not really..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't call that pedestrian. But I do find it a little humorous that many people have called some of Clowney's games pedestrian where he did the same sort of things. The difference? It didn't show up in the stats because he didn't end up picking up the sack because the QB slipped away or got rid of the ball or the OL got hit with a holding call.

Here's some of Watt's game against TCU:

I'd say it's a lot like some of Clowney's games this year, made a tremendous impact by disrupting the offense but it didn't show up like it should have in the stat-line. Off the top of my head, the North Carolina game is the perfect example of that for Clowney.