JJ Watt is an absolute animal....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
that dude is worth every penny. I was hoping for something like this from Quinn this year...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
As much of a homer as I am JJ is the best DL in football and I bet Quinn would agree

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
He's battling, that's for sure! Clowney's got a lot to live up to!

A55VA6

Legend
May as well just give him the MVP now. Too damn good. Another TD.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just signed in to start a JJ thread, but you beat me to it! Dude is pure football. They don't make em like that very often....wow.

TexasRam

Legend
Unmatched motor.

Every snap he plays possessed.

He must be drinking the same stuff Cushing was drinking.

Athos

Legend
Freak of nature...And you don't see him really get called for a lot of penalties either. And he's a pro at tipping passes.

If Quinn can't fight through the holds, etc, maybe work at tipping passes at the line then?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He was flat exhausted towards the end of that game, yet still found a little extra to make plays.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Yeah. love watching him play. He willed the Texans back into the game after a 24-0 1st Q . . .

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You think they don't try and hold JJ?
He still overcomes that crap and performs.

That's what I don't get about those that say Quinn isn't performing because of all the holds. If he's truly that great he'd find a way to overcome it and succeed, Plain and Simple.

Irish

Starter

That's what I don't get about those that say Quinn isn't performing because of all the holds. If he's truly that great he'd find a way to overcome it and succeed, Plain and Simple.
http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2itijk/week_5_jj_watt_v_tyron_smith/

This is a one to one comparison. JJ watt vs. Tyron Smith, the guy credited with cancelling out Robert Quinn when we played the Cowboys.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
He didn't do shit against us though. :banana:
Screenshot_2014-10-06-14-40-40-1.png

RAM$

UDFA

Same Here I think thats the one aspect Quinn can improve, he lets the lineman get their hands on him needs to work on his hand fighting.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Freak of nature...And you don't see him really get called for a lot of penalties either. And he's a pro at tipping passes.

If Quinn can't fight through the holds, etc, maybe work at tipping passes at the line then?
Weird though, I didn't see J.J. get held that often. He got double teamed, but I only saw him get held, one or two times. Quinn gets held on every other play, and they are blatant holds.

Watt is one of the best players that I've ever seen play.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

It's not that Robert Quinn needs to overcome it. It's those holds are so blatantly obvious yet they don't get called. Besides, physically they are 2 different types of players. JJ Watt can impose his physical will, Robert Quinn is a speed/finesse guy.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
It's not that Robert Quinn needs to overcome it. It's those holds are so blatantly obvious yet they don't get called. Besides, physically they are 2 different types of players. JJ Watt can impose his physical will, Robert Quinn is a speed/finesse guy.
If they are so blatantly obvious why don't they get called?
Answer is they are not. Unless they rip off his jersey or facmask apparently they aren't going to call shit on him.... :(

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's a bigger faster Chris Long, and FWIW our defense will be far better once we get CL back, the excellent play of some of our replacements notwithstanding CL is our JJ.
Watt also reminds me of Jack Youngblood just bigger.