Jimmy Graham is the now the highest paid TE in NFL history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Jimmy Graham - TE - Saints
Saints signed Jimmy Graham to a multi-year contract.
Graham broke the news on his Twitter account: "It's official. I'm bleeding black and gold this morning! Thank you WhoDatNation for all the support." All major news outlets and Graham's agent, Jimmy Sexton, have confirmed a long-term deal has been reached ahead of Tuesday afternoon's 4 PM ET deadline. Once the numbers are in, Graham will be the league's highest-paid tight end.
Source: Jimmy Graham on Twitter
Jul 15 - 9:05 AM

bbf8996199476da8289d0aa75eb8d381_normal.jpeg
Jimmy Graham@TheJimmyGraham · 17m
It's official I'm bleeding black and gold this morning! Thank you WhoDatNation for all the support.

PhxRam

The saints are lucky that I am not a arbitrator because I thought his case for being paid WR money had some legs to it.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
They're going to need him with Sproles gone. Brees has never looked as comfortable with Thomas as a safety valve, and working in Cooks and Kenny Stills into a bigger role is going to have it's hiccups.

I'd suspect Graham (obviously) and Colston are going to have big years as Brees' trusted vets. They may want to implement more of a balanced approach, particularly with the improvements they've made over the past couple seasons on defense, but let's get real here, they're the Saints. They gonna throw.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Imagine the numbers had he had more of an impact vs. the Rams!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The saints are lucky that I am not a arbitrator because I thought his case for being paid WR money had some legs to it.
I could be wrong but I don't think he does a whole lot of blocking and spends a lot of time lined up in the slot.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently he had been describing himself in social media postings as a tight end - and does at least some blocking and lining up tight against the line. Without one or the other he might have won.

In the end, he got a long term contract that he's happy with and that the team can live with.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5842.jpg

Saints signed TE Jimmy Graham to a four-year, $40 million contract that contains $21 million guaranteed.
Deadlines spur action. The two sides agreed to the deal hours before the 4 PM ET deadline on Tuesday afternoon. Graham is now the league's highest-paid tight end at $10 million per year, besting Rob Gronkowski's $9 million annual rate. His $21 million guaranteed is $5 million more than Jared Cook and Dennis Pitta recently received from the Rams and Ravens, respectively. Graham is now locked up through his age-31 season and remains fantasy's top tight end.
Source: Jimmy Graham on Twitter
Jul 15 - 9:05 AM

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Thank you for your support! All I wanted was to get paid tons of money, other than that your support means nothing.

I'm paraphrasing, of course! I'm just glad he appealed to the fans in this situation, since they are the ones doing the contracts.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Figured they had to do something like this. If he had to play for that TE franchise number this year, he would never have been happy in New Orleans.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Good for him, he deserves it. He's a top 5 pass catcher in the NFL

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seahawks punked him....Not sure he's the best TE..He's good vs bad defensive teams, but against stud safeties, he's scared.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jared Cook has obviously not produced at Graham's level, but he's not looking so overpaid now.

It's also another nicely front loaded contract. The guaranteed money is mostly paid by end of 2015. Just in time for expiring rookie deals Bradford, Quinn, Brockers.

I like how K Demoff thinks.