Jim Thomas: Will Sam Make the Rams Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The Rams concluded the preseason with a 14-13 loss to the Dolphins. The Post-Dispatch’s Jim Thomas and CineSport’s Justin Termine talk about the future of Michael Sam. (3:07)

Watch JT Talk Rams

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I dont see how he could unless they cut a DT. Carrington was a force with Buffalo and I dont see why they wouldn't think he could do the same with St. Louis. Conrath is in his second year. He isn't flashy but he is a big man in the middle. With Langford and the undersized Donald can they really afford to go with only two full size DTs in the rotation? Even if Westbrooks can play some DT, he and Hayes and Sims are not as big. If Brockers or Langford goes down they will need both Conrath and Carrington.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I agree with your point about the size of the DLine. We cut Carrington or Conrath that leaves us with only 3 DT around 300Lbs, IIRC. Conrath may be more valuable to us than Sam, despite not being as good an overall player. Our LBers aren't huge either.

RamEERS

Pastor
If we do, I can't wait for all the media crap storm saying we didn't give him a chance, he's the best DE of this class, Tears flow from those that bought his jersey (future reference.. don't buy a jersey from a late round pick.. no matter who it is.) Then the reprocosions come.. We're the Rams, the ones that cut Sam (not because we are already full at DE, but because we didn't think he'll make it in the NFL.) The NFL will hate us which will make the refs call even worse calls than before. You know his name will still get dropped even though he's gone
To the media, we lose if we lose him and we lose if we keep him (goodbye much needed DTs).... to the rest of the teams, he showcased his abilities so he'll probably get picked up by another team...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You could be wright about the 'crap storm' IDK, but there shouldn't be, EVERYONE knew, coming-in that the numbers were stacked against him to start with! Because of our D-Line depth. Sam has played very well, and has proven he can play in this League,But, IMO, I believe that Westbrooks has Won the spot, and the numbers are still against Sam making the 53 man Roster! ( But I'm not betting one way or the other!:))

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NFL Insider Adam Caplan discusses Rams DE Michael Sam’s preseason performance and his chances of making St. Louis’ final roster. He breaks down the differences between Sam and Ethan Westbrooks.

Watch Caplan Talk Westbrooks vs. Sam