Jim Thomas: Will Rams Look To Trade Zac Stacy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas hot takes on Rams vs Chiefs…excitement with Austin Davis continuing to grow, quite a story so far, security guard at Rams Park not recognizing him, interesting situation with Tre Mason and Zac Stacy, wondering if Rams will do something to resolve RB situation with trade deadline around the corner…always enjoy the atmosphere of Arrowhead Stadium where Rams have actually gotten creamed the last couple visits, status on health of certain players.

Listen to Jim Thomas Interview

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wouldn't recommend listening to this show, Key points; Nothing New, JT Picks KC to Win 24-21, and the 'Dip-Stick' Host say " I don't know why anyone would pick the Rams to Win this One!" Enough said!? You've been warned!:mad:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would prefer not to trade Stacy, but we have the luxury now of being so stacked at RB that we can trade him if we wanted to and not suffer any. It'd have to be a very good return for us to consider it though.

I wouldn't recommend listening to this show, Key points; Nothing New, JT Picks KC to Win 24-21, and the 'Dip-Stick' Host say " I don't know why anyone would pick the Rams to Win this One!" Enough said!? You've been warned!:mad:

I will love it when we beat them, love it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stacy is traded the Rams would have to find another RB who can block and get the tough short yardage. Which means the Rams would likely have to use the draft pick obtained for Stacy to replace him, with a decent chance of NOT getting somebody as good.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Thank you, I have no desire to listen. I'm sure they said the same thing last week.

It pisses me off, really.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Stacy is traded the Rams would have to find another RB who can block and get the tough short yardage. Which means the Rams would likely have to use the draft pick obtained for Stacy to replace him, with a decent chance of NOT getting somebody as good.
Disagree, my friend, we still have Cunningham! I'm NOT saying Trade Stacy, at all! But Benny definitely fill's the Bill!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this system the Rams need at least 3 solid RBs. Stacy is the best at blocking, and when healthy I'd trust him more than the others to get key short yardage. While I was surprised that the Rams drafted a RB that early, I had fully expected them to draft another RB this year - and if Stacy is traded they WILL draft one next year.

A55VA6

Legend
I would only trade Stacy if we get something pretty good in return. I think teams would be interested, but not really sure what the price would be..

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
No way I trade Stacy. He's a productive well rounded back who doesn't command crazy money. Have to have that quality depth.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I would only trade Stacy if we get something pretty good in return. I think teams would be interested, but not really sure what the price would be..
Agreed what would be fair value for him,I would not want him traded for just a 5th,6th or 7th

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

Thanks for the warning. I used to really enjoy JT but I get the sense that somewhere along the way he got his nose bent out of shape over something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think it would be wise for the Rams to look at trying to convert assets into draft picks. We may have to do some maneuvering around on draft day in order to get a QB they want.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Why would they do that? We wouldn't get crap for him and that idea STINKS!

Only the PD

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So if we trade him and Mason goes down? We would have Benny, Watts and Reynolds.

I prefer Mason AND Stacy.

Agree with those that it would have to be a very good offer before considering it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't change a thing with RB depth. Mason is going to be the featured guy, and they have playoff level depth behind him. It's one of the few positions we don't have to worry about ffs, not sure why anyone would want to mess with it.

RBs get hurt. I keep Zac around, personally.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's too early to think TM can replace Stacy. I would be all for a trade for a young talented pro-bowl caliber O lineman, but you could get burned. Stacy is a solid RB. Next season.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thomas: Have to Wonder if Rams Looking to Trade Stacy
By Brendan Marks

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...to-Wonder-if-Rams-Looking-to-Trade-Stacy.aspx

St. Louis Rams rookie running back Tre Mason broke out in a big way against the Seattle Seahawks Sunday, piling up 85 yards on 18 carries in the 28-26 win.

Benny Cunningham caught five passes out of the backfield while Zac Stacy, who entered the season as the starter, only played one snap and didn't touch the ball.

The game represented what we can probably expect the rest of the season: The team will continue to ride the hot hand.

But there's only enough touches to go around in what's currently one of the deepest backfields in the NFL, especially when taking talented rookie Trey Watts into consideration.

St. Louis Rams beat writer Jim Thomas says there may be a way to remedy what looks to be an overcrowded backfield.

"You just wonder the trade deadline is coming up next if they're talking to teams about Stacy. They have a ton of depth. I still think Trey Watts is going to be a pretty good complimentary back," Thomas told The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Friday.

In today's NFL, however, teams aren't willing to give up a lot for a position perceived to be most replaceable.

"(Running backs) usually don't fetch much, but you just wonder the Rams seemingly have more running backs than they can use back there," Thomas said. "

Having too much at one position seems to be a good problem to have, and it will be interesting to see if the Rams can get some value for Stacy come the deadline.

Thomas also talked about excitement surrounding Austin Davis and previewed the Rams-Chiefs game on The Morning After Friday

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
-EDIT- wrong thread

Yeah I just don't get it.
KC has one exactly one more win than we have.

Yes, it's on the road.
Yes, it's loud there.
Ok.

But let's quit acting like KC is a power house. They are a solid team in a fairly weak conference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Should they be favorites? Probably.... but anyone who has been paying any attention to the RAMS should know we can compete with anyone on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday or whatever day, home or away.

Suck it talking heads and front runners.