Jim Thomas w/Cusumano (notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[mp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/Pressbox/090413-5PB.mp3[/mp3]

Starts at 1:22.

Talks about Dunbar (not much new info from him - thinks it's cap related).

On Witherspoon: He's the equivalent of the SAM LB. He's the one that goes off the field in the nickel situations, so maybe he plays half the time. The nickel corner plays more than the third LB. Maybe he'll get 35 snaps a game, and should be able to handle it. Behind him there are 3 UDFA rookies. That's a little scary. Doesn't think any of them are ready to play a full game yet.

On Armstrong: He was the guy from Miami who got caught up in the investigation and ended up not playing at all. Out of football last year. He was a college safety, so he's up to 230-235 lbs. He chases players well. He's had a couple of taunting calls, but plenty of skill for the guy. Plenty of athleticism.

Any battles left? I don't think so. Expected it to be Chris Williams at guard. Looks like McLeod at safety, and I gotta say McLeod has played very well. He's instinctive, good open field tackler (not a strength of the Rams D in years past), and in terms of starting spots, it looks like everything is settled in.

Chase Reynolds: He's been on the practice squad for two years, and you're only allowed three years max. That fourth preseason game (bubble bowl) is the most important game in these guys' careers. Every year he's up against that. He had the game winning TD against Baltimore, and the game winning score against Jacksonville a ways back. And as an added bonus, he's married to the former Miss Montana.

Arizona: Can't lose that game. Especially with what comes up after that. The Rams always play poorly at Dallas in recent years. Lost 35-7, 34-7 in two games there in the past 5,6 years. Then the reigning NFC Champions at home. This is as close to a must-win as you can have. I think Fisher is a little nervous about this game too. Arians is a great coach, and you can say what you want about Palmer, but he's a legitimate starting QB. And they haven't had one of those since Kurt Warner left. It won't be an easy out for them.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
The "Bubble Bowl." I like that one. Its a very suiting name for the fourth preason game. I'll make sure to use it next year.