Jim Thomas: Rams couldn't have won without help from inept Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
"If the other team scored more points, the Rams wouldn't have won."

SPORTS WRITER JOB AND LOTS OF MONEY TO WATCH FOOTBALL PLEASE!
Colbert.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
offering little insight and just stating the basic facts.

Say what you will about his perceived bitterness or whatever and that's all fine, I get why people get their panties in a wad over him because fans will be fans. But actually JT was one of the few media people in the country that had any insights into the Rams and still to this day out scoops everyone else when it comes to Rams news including any media in LA. He's got good sources in the NFL and the Rams. I'm sure this will change over time due to distance and inevitable change in staff within the organization but the last thing I'd say about JT is that he had little insight into the Rams during his time covering them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Everything you say is true....as is everything JT said. So what.

Some people on this forum need to dial down the sensitivity meter to something less than utter outrage every time a reporter doesn't talk in glowing terms about the Rams. Beginning to sound like a bunch of teenage girls that sat in the front row of a Justin Beiber concert and are upset because he didn't blow them a kiss..
Then leave. This analogy is nothing short of being a douche on your part.

This is a Rams forum after all. It has been clear for some time that JT has been bitter toward the Rams. He was pissed after being shut out after his bitterness started to affect his reporting of the team, he got even worse after being blindsided by the Bradford trade, and this is just another example. Clearly he is upset with Dirk for not beating the Rams. I suppose we are supposed to like that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Say what you will about his perceived bitterness or whatever and that's all fine, I get why people get their panties in a wad over him because fans will be fans. But actually JT was one of the few media people in the country that had any insights into the Rams and still to this day out scoops everyone else when it comes to Rams news including any media in LA. He's got good sources in the NFL and the Rams. I'm sure this will change over time due to distance and inevitable change in staff within the organization but the last thing I'd say about JT is that he had little insight into the Rams during his time covering them.

That might have been true a few years ago. Not even close now. The LA media including Farmer have far more insight than JT has and have been granted far better access than JT. If I want to know something about the Rams, the last place I am going is the PD and JT. His motives are clear.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

This is a Rams forum after all. It has been clear for some time that JT has been bitter toward the Rams. He was pissed after being shut out after his bitterness started to affect his reporting of the team, he got even worse after being blindsided by the Bradford trade, and this is just another example. Clearly he is upset with Dirk for not beating the Rams. I suppose we are supposed to like that.

No @FrankenRam - don't leave.

It is a forum after all - where the free exchange of ideas and opinions is encouraged. Just as @RamFan503 is free to voice his displeasure with JT calling it like he sees it, you are free to voice yours as you see fit.

We can talk football and even disagree on it without personal insults, can't we?

Psycho_X

Legend
That might have been true a few years ago. Not even close now. The LA media including Farmer have far more insight than JT has and have been granted far better access than JT. If I want to know something about the Rams, the last place I am going is the PD and JT. His motives are clear.

Maybe I'm missing some people but I follow all of the LA people I know about covering the Rams and JT always posts roster transactions and news before anyone else most of the time. I stopped going to the actual PD website a long time ago though when they started making you click surveys to read articles so no idea about what is posted on the site or when. Get most of my news via tweets or here anymore. All though game day action he obviously does not keep up with the Rams like LA media that is actually at the games. Like I said, going forward this will obviously change but I'm talking preseason/training camp back through the last 21 years.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

It is a forum after all - where the free exchange of ideas and opinions is encouraged. Just as @RamFan503 is free to voice his displeasure with JT calling it like he sees it, you are free to voice yours as you see fit.

We can talk football and even disagree on it without personal insults, can't we?
Calling the members here a bunch of teenage girls? No room for that shit. That is not discussion. That is bullshit.

Edit: And for the record, I am fine with people liking JT. I don't agree but ... so?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe I'm missing some people but I follow all of the LA people I know about covering the Rams and JT always posts roster transactions and news before anyone else most of the time. I stopped going to the actual PD website a long time ago though when they started making you click surveys to read articles so no idea about what is posted on the site or when. Get most of my news via tweets or here anymore. All though game day action he obviously does not keep up with the Rams like LA media that is actually at the games. Like I said, going forward this will obviously change but I'm talking preseason/training camp back through the last 21 years.
That's cool. Just not where I go for info on the Rams. I'd personally rather not read his petty digs - unless of course someone posts them so we can throw darts at them.:D

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Many times in many parts of life, it's not what you said, but how you said it that determines other people's perceptions and responses...

Ok - how did he say it? It is a written work we are talking about here.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Calling the members here a bunch of teenage girls? No room for that crap. That is not discussion. That is bullcrap.

Edit: And for the record, I am fine with people liking JT. I don't agree but ... so?

What - you don't like teenage girls?

In all seriousness - I just hope this doesn't turn into a place where you are told to leave if you don't jump on board. Teenage girls - douche - they are both personal insults and neither one is probably the right way to address each other. I just don't want to see any fans who are trying to hang on but still working through some hard feelings shown the door for not saluting the colors.

You know I like you, 503 - I don't mean this to be a personal admonishment of any sort. I just don't like the 'Then leave' line of thought.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Hell no! What's the point of disagreeing if you can't throw in a few insults.

What's WRONG with you?

FrankenRam

Starter

Well heck, it's always a treat to get such a warm & fuzzy response.

FrankenRam

Starter

It is a forum created by people who are free to allow or censor any discussion they choose. I likely won't leave voluntarily, but it's equally unlikely I'll join the Sunshine & Lollipops crowd.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yeah, and the Bucs couldn't have come close to winning if Keenum didn't throw a perfect pass that hit the other team right in the numbers which gave them 7 points.

Go home JT, you're drunk off your own Kool aid.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Guess I got my answer.......Nothing.
I've stopped reading Thomas because he has become a miserable whiner llike several of his cohorts at the PD. But imo it is simply wrong to suggest the Rams won because of TB ineptitude. TB played very well overall but the Rams made enough outstanding plays to come out on top. In particular, the D stopping Winston at the end was not an accident, they have come up big like this more than a few times now (seattle last week, Arizona on the road last year, TB last year if that was the game where McDonald made the big hit to put it away.) Yes TB could have taken another time out, but I assumed they wanted to keep rolling to keep the D on its heels. In any event they had plenty of shots but the D stopped them. The Rams earned a tough win in tough conditions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Guess I got my answer.......Nothing.
In the OP, not much. You don't get the full scope of his general snarkiness/bitterness from that alone. However, in his chat from today (courtesy of @Prime Time), you get a better idea of how he really feels.

If the Rams win this weekend, will people finally take them seriously, or will the narrative just be about how the Arizona Cardinals lost it?

If the Rams' defense gives up 245 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter, and then narrowly escapes allowing a third TD because of some incredibly inept clock and game management at the end by Arizona, the narrative will probably be how Arizona lost it. Just a guess.

While true, it's not really objective - nor does it answer the question (a serious question, btw). He could have just as easily added something like, "... however, if the Rams' defense tightens up and the offense continues on this track, then you'd have to start taking them a little more seriously.