Jim Thomas: Rams couldn't have won without help from inept Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
How many times have we heard coaches say the game comes down to which team makes less mistakes? Mistakes, ineptness, mental errors, whatever you want to call it. The bucs made more costly mistakes. And if someone wants to try and diminish a win by pointing to those mistakes, they have their own issues to work out. We dont even know the coaches thought process there. He obviously was aware of the time and their time out situation, but we dont know how he wanted to play things out. I agree with what was said earlier; given their field position, they probably thought they would score and wanted as little time on the clock for the rams. Jt couldn't and won't write another positive piece on the rams even when they win the superbowl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
this happens to all the goats and heroes in sports. yes, a specific play / final play is the end result of the game, but many plays lead up to that last play / key play.
if kevin carter sacked steve mcnair way back at the 40, that game never reaches the 1 yard line. if mike davis doesnt walk / gets picked off by the A's catcher, Kirk Gibson's homerun ties the game, doesnt win it. bill buckner's error matters not if bruce hurst and bob stanley do their jobs as pitchers. OR, how about the manager putting in a defensive replacement as had been done in games 1,2 and 5. (buckner's ankle was trashed). if jim kelly throws the ball away against the giants instead of taking a sack, the FG attempt is 5-10 yards closer and probably goes in for scott norwood.
so, you see kids, its not just the "big" play you should remember, its the big pile of dog turds all over the front lawn that should remind you of the stink committed by player "xyz" , and how it should be equally shared with all involved.(y)
Wow really not sure what your point is or why you even responded but thanks Captain Obvious?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I apologize if my post pointing out that Mr Thomas really only told half the story and picked the half that made the Rams look bad offended anybody. I'll refrain from pointing out the obvious about him in the future. Clearly being honest isn't to be tolerated where he's concerned.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Everything you say is true....as is everything JT said. So what.

Some people on this forum need to dial down the sensitivity meter to something less than utter outrage every time a reporter doesn't talk in glowing terms about the Rams. Beginning to sound like a bunch of teenage girls that sat in the front row of a Justin Beiber concert and are upset because he didn't blow them a kiss..
Nice try man. It's the consistency and tone. I'm not worked up. Just calling him on his BS. Franky are you going to tell me with a straight face JT isn't bitter Bob?

I'm not saying I blame him for being upset the Rams left, it's just pathetic he sees everything Rams through a cynical lense.

Now if you'll excuse me, that new Bieber song is playing....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ever since Fisher and Snead had the gall to trade away Sam Bradford without first getting his blessing, JT has been a whiny little bitch and deserves all the kicking he's getting here.

I understand him being upset about the move from St. Louis, but he was already pretty down on the Rams when the move was still in doubt. And he is a beat reporter - paid to be objective and report all the facts, not just those that slant the story one way or another. Putting all the facts out there and letting the readers decide, in his line of work, is called being a professional. If his emotions about not being privy to Fisher/Snead's dealmaking and the move are too much to overcome, perhaps he should recuse himself from covering the Rams. He's not doing anyone any favors - including his readers in St. Louis.

If any other poster came on here after yesterday's game and tried to insinuate that the only reason the Rams won is due to the Bucs ineptness, we'd be all over him/her just as we are jumping down JT's throat now. Fact is, the Rams did a lot to win the game yesterday. Their offense showed up big, with two 40+ yard TD passes and over 300 yards of total offense. The defense made some big plays, including a big hit that caused an INT, and an alert Quinn reaching out to bat the ball out of Winston's hand on a play that resulted in a TD for the Rams. The team went from being 10 points down in the 2nd quarter to being 11 points up in the 4th. After the Bucs closed the gap the first time, the Rams offense responded with another TD to extend the lead again. After the Bucs closed the gap the second time, the Rams D was still able to hold them off to preserve the win. Say what you want about their clock management, but there was a logic to doing what they were doing, as explained upthread.

The Rams did plenty of things in their own right to win the game, and that is precisely why they were able to benefit from the Bucs mistakes.

And besides, as long as JT is going to be a whiny little bitch who takes potshots at the Rams, those of us that are so inclined should be able to have fun kicking him around :yess:

Can't wait to see what PrimeTime comes up with on the chat thread tomorrow ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jim Thomas needs to move on from the Rams. He has, and really never had, offered much in journalistic intelligence about the Rams.
River-City-Raiders_Family-Arena_Event-Page_200-x-300.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rookie coach...wonder if Lovie would have saved some time??? We'll never know....
Back should ran out of bounds too...save every second...never know...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So one team won because the other team screwed up? Welcome to the wonderful world of sports.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Some people on this forum need to dial down the sensitivity meter to something less than utter outrage every time a reporter doesn't talk in glowing terms about the Rams. Beginning to sound like a bunch of teenage girls that sat in the front row of a Justin Beiber concert and are upset because he didn't blow them a kiss..

That could be true but I can only wonder......if the Rams were in St. Louis would that be the slant of JTs report? Don't get me wrong. I'm sure JT would be critical of the Bucs clock management but he'd also take some pleasure in the Rams being 2-1. I'm sure there was none of that in Jimmy's report (or heart). And for good reason......he wants to...dare I say, has to play the part of jilted lover.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
JT was a vanilla reporter for the Rams for 2 decades, offering little insight and just stating the basic facts. Now the Rams are long gone he wants to act all arsehurt and take shots from the peanut gallery. The fact they're 2-1 for the first time since 2006 must gall him, good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am bored with JT..Sometimes I read the excerpts that Prime Time posts, sometimes not.....I used to seek out every word that he (JT) had to say, and he had a last gasp during the draft where he was first on some inside info..Now, he has nothing. Most of his readers drink up every negative thing he says, and they ask for more. For the Rams to be leading the divisiion, has to be driving them insane. No matter, I have moved on. I wish JT would just cover the Colts or the Titans, and forget about us.

Bruce2980

Starter
Can't wait to read JT's article after the Rams win the Super Bowl this season, I bet it will be full of smashed sour grapes and smeared with tears. HAHAHA

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

Which I can't disagree with your assessment Jim Thomas is complete shit and in the same neighborhood as Bernie as complete shit. They are so bitter it's not even funny. I hope we win a lot so the whole lot can go suck on dog shit in envy.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Who's Jim Thomas?
Why, you don't know who Jim Thomas is? Let me tell you.

Jim Thomas is a hard working sports writer for the St. Louis Post Dispatch. (dyingrag)
draft.jpg

Jim Thomas covered all 426 Rams games while they resided (temporarily) in St. Louis....just ask him.

andy-kaufman-straightjacket-close-up.png

Jim Thomas is a great guy, and a light-hearted man's man. The kind of guy you or I would like to have a beer with.

jt.gif

When it became clear that the Rams may be moving back to Los Angeles, JT took it all in stride, knowing that he would always remain relevant.

night.jpg

And when it was announced that the Rams were returning to LA, JT was all...

cry.gif

and I was all...

yes.jpg

But JT hung in there, remaining classy in his interactions with fans, and asking poignant questions in press conferences.
Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Throwing-orange-at-uncle-Rico.gif

Meanwhile most of us prepared for the exciting return of the Rams.

Seinfelds-George-Popcorn-Gif.gif

Oh we will all miss JT's presence at Fisher's press conferences...

Fisher_SS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.png

...all of his classy questions...

View attachment 16649

But JT, I know it's hard, pal. Hey, how about a Fresca?

Laugh V.jpg

Debacled

Starter
Like it not he kinda is right, the Bucs royally screwed the pooch at the end of the game there. Any time a game ends on a clock running out with timeouts left someone messed up big time. Does it mean the Bucs would have pulled it off? Of course not, but leaving a TO on the board like that is inexcusable

Bet if Fisher pulls that move at any point in the season this place is going to be ablaze with fire Fisher and who should we hire next threads.......again.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow really not sure what your point is or why you even responded but thanks Captain Obvious?
it was actually meant for the person you were responding to which ended up being jim thomas (i didnt bother checking all the way back due to not particularly wanting to since i was getting ready to go to sleep after a 12 hour shift)
had i realized you were quoting/making a point to someone who in no way was going to a.) read it , b.) respond to said comment , i would have reserved my add on thoughts about how heroes/goats arent 100% responsible for a game outcome due to their help/hinderance. but hey, someone read it , (2 people actually liked it) therefore negating any ideas that i had wasted anyone's time by posting my comment which seemed to cause needless confusion and headshaking on your part.
in the future i'll try not wasting your time by being a little more due diligent on my quote posting. btw, thanks for the promotion to captaincy!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
in the future i'll try not wasting your time by being a little more due diligent on my quote posting. btw, thanks for the promotion to captaincy!

Congrats @Force16X on the promotion! You were always one of the hardest working guys when you were (edit) Liutenant Obvious. I saw this coming. (y)