Jim Thomas: Rams couldn't have won without help from inept Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
"If Bucs coach Dirk Koetter had used just one of the two remaining timeouts on any one of those three plays, he buys time for at least three more plays. Instead, he used one of the two remaining timeouts after an incomplete pass — meaning the clock was stopped already — with four seconds left. And he never used the last timeout."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_e4880a3d-607a-523e-b3ae-609da055d250.html

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Sour-Grapes.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
That'd one person's idea. Another would be we jump short routes on an "extra" play and use the extra time he double clutched and sack Jameis, causing the clock to run out behind the 5. It's just one thing that might would happen IF.......

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He is right - the Rams could have easily lost this game. But ..... how many times in years past did we lose games we easily could have won.

I prefer this.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scoreboard! The sour grapes you're serving us taste delicious!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But when all was said and done, the Rams couldn't have done it Sunday without a lot of help from Tampa Bay, some of which defied the imagination. Let us count the ways.

If Keenum doesn't throw a pick 6 the Buc's might not be in the game. If the kicker doesn't miss the FG and XP we might not go for 2. If Britt doesn't fumble the ball the Buc's might not be as close at the end of the game. See Jimmy boy lots of if's in this game and every other game. Shame you just focused on one side of it which in your mind puts the Rams win in question and casts a doubt on the teams performance. Not sure why I'm surprised by him anymore.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If Keenum doesn't throw a pick 6 the Buc's might not be in the game. If the kicker doesn't miss the FG and XP we might not go for 2. If Britt doesn't fumble the ball the Buc's might not be as close at the end of the game. See Jimmy boy lots of if's in this game and every other game. Shame you just focused on one side of it which in your mind puts the Rams win in question and casts a doubt on the teams performance. Not sure why I'm surprised by him anymore.

Why did we go for 2? Anyone?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
...:rolllaugh:Jim Jim. You sound like all the other Buc fans the day after this loss....or should I say, those fans wishing that the Rams lost yesterday. Tsk tsk. The bitterness will eat your insides, my friend.

Thanks for all your years of service Jimmy. Now step away from our party. It's all so unbecoming.

FrankenRam

Starter

Everything you say is true....as is everything JT said. So what.

Some people on this forum need to dial down the sensitivity meter to something less than utter outrage every time a reporter doesn't talk in glowing terms about the Rams. Beginning to sound like a bunch of teenage girls that sat in the front row of a Justin Beiber concert and are upset because he didn't blow them a kiss..

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Jim Thomas needs to move on from the Rams. He has, and really never had, offered much in journalistic intelligence about the Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"If Bucs coach Dirk Koetter had used just one of the two remaining timeouts on any one of those three plays, he buys time for at least three more plays. Instead, he used one of the two remaining timeouts after an incomplete pass — meaning the clock was stopped already — with four seconds left. And he never used the last timeout."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_e4880a3d-607a-523e-b3ae-609da055d250.html
File that under "duh."

How about this instead? They didn't WANT to use all their time-outs. They wanted to score with less than 5 seconds left on the clock.
That's what I felt they were doing the whole time, and it made me nervous as shit. I really don't see the issue with how they handled that last drive.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Some people on this forum need to dial down the sensitivity meter to something less than utter outrage every time a reporter doesn't talk in glowing terms about the Rams. Beginning to sound like a bunch of teenage girls that sat in the front row of a Justin Beiber concert and are upset because he didn't blow them a kiss..
Why are you outraged by someone else's outrage?
Really, these kinds of posts don't do any good at all. You KNOW it's not going to be met with warm embraces.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

All I look for is honest objectivity. Now that may be too much to ask for from the media but if he'd said his bit and what I said I'd be applauding. To only tell one side of the story he's painting a picture of himself not the event.