Jim Thomas Rams Chat Highlights: Jan 28

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
There are lots of interesting points in this interview but the main one has to be Saffold. If he isn't coming back, we definitely need to acquire a starting guard either in free agency or early in the draft. Given that this year's free agents aren't exactly inspiring, it looks like a high draft pick will have to be used on a guard.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not how I'm reading it. JT seems to simply be saying that if Finn is to return, there will be a major restructuring of his contract. Very little chance he'll be back at full contract. Doesn't seem to hard to buy.

Kind of what X said earlier.

I know. I was kidding.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
They aren't going to overpay Saffold that's for sure.

They like him at OG, not so much at OT except in a pinch. And still, the injury history hangs over his head. And we've seen how Fisher views injury plagued players.

JT is pretty good on this kind of stuff, so Saffold is probably gone. And Wells and Dahl aren't likely back either. They have to hit the OL hard in FA and draft.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
And I’ll say this, I came away from the Senior Bowl more convinced that Saffold won’t be back. I don’t want to get into specifics other to say they’re already a couple of teams interested in him (not named the Rams). But there’s more to it than that.

Hmmm. So why doesn't the local reporter break the (reason) news as to why Saffold won't be back? So we have to wait on Chris Mortensen. Gheesh.

V3

Hall of Fame
Hmmm. So why doesn't the local reporter break the (reason) news as to why Saffold won't be back? So we have to wait on Chris Mortensen. Gheesh.

Not sure why he wouldn't elaborate, either. Maybe his source didn't want him to since the organization would know who leaked the info? I have no idea.

The good news is if we have money to re-sign Saffold we have money, address a need or two in FA. If someone will give him tackle money good luck to him (and them, they'll need it).

F. Mulder

Starter
I personally think Saffold is gone and that they will draft 2 OL (one high and one mid) and sign one medium type FA. I think Williams, Dahl, and Wells are gone. They MAY keep S. Smith but I have my doubts. I think they go in with Jones, Long, Barksdale, Draft, FA