Jim Thomas on Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
coffee.gif

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
Hopefully,,, this position change will result in Saffold playing "angry" (with a chip on his shoulder in other words), extremely focused, and somehow injury free while he does everything he can to insure himself a big payday starting next year.

Either that, or I would be very happy if we were able to trade him for an experienced WR. Tackles are much harder to come by (for most teams anyway) than WRs... are there any teams with a bunch of quality at WR needed help on the O-Line ?
Yup, that would be my desire as well, play hard and angry, prove to everyone your desire to support the team where ever you're needed.

This is an opportunity, not a punishment. Positions aren't guaranteed, players must prove themselves every season.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Why is it these guys always come in saying that they will do what ever is best for the team and then turn around and do the opposite? Adversity seems to expose character flaws wouldn't you say? :bummed:
1. Well, let's kinda put it in perspective. Should he be 100% on board with losing his position and play happy camper? Nah. It's natural to be bummed about this, and I haven't heard a direct quote from him about anything at this point. All rumors, speculation and agent talk. As long as Rodger's not openly playing malcontent, then I find no fault with him being bugged about it.

2. He's not holding out.

3. Who did he tell that he's not opposed to a trade?
Should he be disappointed by the change of position, I suppose so. Is it natural to be bummed, of course. At the same time, he's still a starter and occupies an important position, whether it's on the right or left.

Life is full of disappointments, but it's what you do at such times which speaks volumes about character, determination and loyality. A team sport isn't or shouldn't be about personal achievement, it's about the TEAM and WINNING......"no man is an island."

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I can so understand him being chapped over this.
But it's obvious now he's wasn't the long term solution at LT the Rams wanted.
He just needs to come out and have his best season and get paid next year.