Jim Thomas on KMOX (13:55)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
One man certainly ready for the 2013 NFL Draft is Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Accountable of each prospect that has made a visit with the Rams, there’s no one more in tune with who the Rams may end up picking beginning with the first round on Thursday, April 25 in New York.

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/4-17-jt.mp3[/mp3]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A few things:

It's a good listen, but I don't like how just a few days ago he said the Rams were high on a 1st round safety, and now he's saying they aren't. I don't mind this BTW, because I've contended that I didn't think there was great separation in the top 3 rounds and a lot of depth/value, but still, he talks as if he knows. He doesn't.

I think we are going to take two receivers based on how many, and perceived value/round of the guys we've looked at. I have no problem with that, but I really hope we sign a steady vet, in case we struggle with lack of experience. I don't know if I have ever seen a team go in with the combined lack of experience if we sign two more rookies to go with what we have.

Jeff Fisher being at a private workout with Ace might say a lot. One, this could be an apples to apples comparison to Tavon Austin. Two, maybe we have already decided, or are game-planning that Austin will not be available when we pick, but we've fallen in love with the scenario of picking a dynamic slot receiver that can also be a possible game changer in the area of special teams. This excites me. Tremendous value here, possibly, especially if the slot is shared with Cook. And I had a three, but I am kind of drunk, and I have gotten a total of 4 hours sleep in the last 72 hours. I might add to this when my brain works the way it's supposed to. This is why I haven't done the wonderlic, but I have taken it in the past.

Ace is mostly considered to be a late round pick 5-7, but we may have to get him in the 4th if we want to make sure that we get him...just a feeling from me.

In closing, I don't think that Jim has really ever helped us in this process, and I base this on how much his opinion changes from day to day, on who the Rams might pick.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
A few things:

It's a good listen, but I don't like how just a few days ago he said the Rams were high on a 1st round safety, and now he's saying they aren't. I don't mind this BTW, because I've contended that I didn't think there was great separation in the top 3 rounds and a lot of depth/value, but still, he talks as if he knows. He doesn't.

I think we are going to take two receivers based on how many, and perceived value/round of the guys we've looked at. I have no problem with that, but I really hope we sign a steady vet, in case we struggle with lack of experience. I don't know if I have ever seen a team go in with the combined lack of experience if we sign two more rookies to go with what we have.

Jeff Fisher being at a private workout with Ace might say a lot. One, this could be an apples to apples comparison to Tavon Austin. Two, maybe we have already decided, or are game-planning that Austin will not be available when we pick, but we've fallen in love with the scenario of picking a dynamic slot receiver that can also be a possible game changer in the area of special teams. This excites me. Tremendous value here, possibly, especially if the slot is shared with Cook. And I had a three, but I am kind of drunk, and I have gotten a total of 4 hours sleep in the last 72 hours. I might add to this when my brain works the way it's supposed to. This is why I haven't done the wonderlic, but I have taken it in the past.

Ace is mostly considered to be a late round pick 5-7, but we may have to get him in the 4th if we want to make sure that we get him...just a feeling from me.

In closing, I don't think that Jim has really ever helped us in this process, and I base this on how much his opinion changes from day to day, on who the Rams might pick.
Quite frankly, I'm not sure I want any media types to have a clue what the Rams are going to do.