Jim Thomas: Ogletree Has Potential to Be Next Defensive Star

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas talks with Frank Cusumano about the Rams. He talks about the Warner visit over the weekend and the stadium situation. Britt and Quick have stood out at WR. Michael Sam is off to a good start and is benefiting from Westbrooks being out. Alec Ogletree works really hard and has matured…he looks different. JT thinks he has the potential to be the Rams next defensive star.

Listen to Jim Thomas Interview

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Ogletree.

Was a little concerned about his off the field issues previously. But, so far, so good.

Back on the field, I saw a kid who continued to improve throughout the year.

I love to see that in a high potential rookie.

So long as he keeps his nose clean, I see a great future for him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Ogletree has the ability to be a Pro Bowl guy in the level of a Willis or someone like that.
I see DPOY contention in his future.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JT is a football aficionado (naw, I couldn't spell that, but I knew what it meant so I googled it)....and is a great source. He kinda has his favorites, like most fans. Wonder how he gets close to the players and gains their trust? Best move was Tree to SLB...In front of the TE....When will everybody start addressing the elephant in the room, the DB's?

Irish

Starter
Rarely, if ever, do you see a dominating, all world linebacker without a dominating defense line.

The Rams have, arguably, the best d line in the NFL (and the point may be more difficult to argue than most media members and fans outside of St. Louis care to admit), so we should almost expect Laurinaitis and Ogletree to be, if nothing else, kicking the tires on a pro bowl year in and year out. Anything less is almost unacceptable.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think Ogletree has the ability to be a Pro Bowl guy in the level of a Willis or someone like that.
I see DPOY contention in his future.
I wish; I still see him in the 2013 games not being so great in 1-1 coverage. I still think his speed and quickness isn't pro bowl level....I hope to be wrong!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Today's guest star playing the role of Captain Obvious is JT Thomas.
Ogletree is the second best player on D right now. He's not a Quinn's level yet be he can get close to it.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Ogletree was a tremendous playmaker his rookie year. 6 forced fumbles (tied for 3rd in the league) as a rookie is bananas!

But in order for the Rams defense as a whole to take that next step, he's going to have to work on staying at home on plays that dictate it rather than some of the over aggressive pursuit angles we saw last year. If he learns to harness it with some more "controlled rage" so to speak he's going to be a force.

Philly5

Rookie
Ogletree gets overlooked because of our DL talent. If he turns out to be really good it will be tough dealing with our defense.