Jim Thomas - NFL Chat - 8/16/16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Jim Thomas understands football like I understand fisics....and I can't even spell it !! physics ;)

Jim is a nice guy who should cover something he knows.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
A sane, logical, empathetic, thoughtful, and heartfelt response. What are you doing in this chat? But I do feel for the fans. They are mere pawns in all this.

This made me chuckle. At least JT is aware of what he's dealing with in these chats.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Btw none of the mods and admins here live in St. Louis or in Los Angeles, so there's no West Coast bias or St. Louis bias.

Sorry if I implied that it was a LA bias. What I was trying to say was that to me it is a LA Rams bias ....because the St Louis Rams never existed.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I did a poll on this a few months back and asked the members if they wanted this thread to continue. The majority said "yes." If the majority decides they're tired of it and no longer want to read it then I'll gladly stop.
Don't jump on me for this - I actually enjoy it - but the final tally was actually 61-43 against.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The West Coast vs. St. Louis feud has become tiresome. I C around that topic since January and have now decided I'm a Rams fanatic no matter where they play. If people are offended by that then again...don't click the thread.This week I'm going to rethink whether doing this thread each week is worth the effort I put into it. At this point I doubt it. That should make you happy. Btw your "perception" and your "perspective" is your business and you're welcome to it, but it tends to pee pee me off when someone thinks they know my motivations when in fact they don't know me at all.

A couple of points. I always go to the source before you post JT's columns. I read his entire questions and answers that were not filters.

PrimeTime , while it may appear that I am dissing you, that was not my intent. I have always had mucho regards for you, and in my ranking you are tied with CoachO.

My problem/concern/ beef is that you (and the other moderators have been closing off any of our comments about Rams ownership leadership. I do not understand why they are suddenly off target. They were targets when they were in St. louis?​

I did not/do not know your "perception" and your "perspective". What I was trying to do is find what they where. while sharing my perspective.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't jump on me for this - I actually enjoy it - but the final tally was actually 61-43 against.

Well damn, you're right. I didn't glance down to the "hell no" part. As I recall I got some pm's urging me to go on and must have ignored the poll. Maybe I should do my own weekly Q&A replete with gifs. I have about as much inside info as JT...none.

giphy.gif

PrimeTime , while it may appear that I am dissing you, that was not my intent. I have always had mucho regards for you, and in my ranking you are tied with CoachO.

Well thanks sincerely for the kind words.

My problem/concern/ beef is that you (and the other moderators have been closing off any of our comments about Rams ownership leadership. I do not understand why they are suddenly off target. They were targets when they were in St. louis?

Anyone who pushed for an argument on this topic, on either side, had their posts removed and some were warned. No one here is perfect at moderating members but we do attempt to keep a fair balance.

I did not/do not know your "perception" and your "perspective". What I was trying to do is find what they where. while sharing my perspective.

My perspective is that I'm moving on and rooting for the Los Angeles Rams. If Kroenke at some point moves them to London or Tierra Del Fuego, I will still root for them. I'm 65 and have been a Rams fanatic since around the age of 10. Through the ups and downs, the high points and the doldrums, through tons of players, coaches, owners, and one city after another, that love for the team remains.

All respect to you and every other member who's still hurting from this abrupt move. Thanks for the conversation.

PT

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
My perspective is that I'm moving on and rooting for the Los Angeles Rams. If Kroenke at some point moves them to London or Tierra Del Fuego, I will still root for them. [/B]I'm 65 and have been a Rams fanatic since around the age of 10. Through the ups and downs, the high points and the doldrums, through tons of players, coaches, owners, and one city after another, that love for the team remains.

I feel you. My wife is not /will never going to forgive me for a still following the Rams because she hates the ownership.

I am from Iowa ( and a Purple People Eater for life).

And because of my occupational background, I know a little something about development deals. I always thought St Louis was toast (because of the details of the agreement) and the fact that at the time STL over paid with to get the deal.

I did not get on the STL Rams bandwagon until after the won the Super Bow (season ticket holder for Cardinals ... baseball and football for 10 years). Won me over with the quality of players and their on field play.

I will always care about/ support the players..... Rams and Vikings..

PARAM

Hall of Fame
“JT: There were a lot of Cowboys fans in the stands however.

Fan: You can doubt me all you want about 90% Ram's fans. But I spent a couple of hours out in the parking lots at the tailgate parties. Also walked around the concourse. While it was easy to spot a Cowboy fan, the Ram's fans outnumbered them greatly.

JT: Hey, I wasn't there. But I know what I saw from the crowd shots.”

My take: Well even if we allow for 10,000 Cowboy fans, that’s still 8-1. Not quite the 50-50 or worse at the Dome.

JT: Interesting that you bring this up. I think as long as London is in play, Shad Khan might be interested in moving there. Once London is out of play _ and logistically, I still can't see a team working out there _ then I think he just might think about St. Louis. but I don't think that's anything that will happen in the near future. I just don't see Jacksonville being an NFL market long-term.

My take: If Khan does eventually move the Jaguars to St. Louis will the City/fans demand a different name? I guess that depends on when it happens and how long it’s been since the Rams left.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks Prime Time for the pics! They were the only reason why I got through the questions. I sure hope for 11 wins this season for those asswipe haters to suck the frog dick!:rockon:

I don't know why there is so much hate against Jim Thomas... because he answered questions honestly? He's not being pessimistic, and he's not being "salty", he's just stating facts. Even if they were in St. Louis, the facts would stay the same: they lost talent and gained practically nothing. Their number one pick isn't even starting. Face it, the rams aren't going to go 10-6 this year, and the attendance will soon be worse than the dome's, because LA won't put up with losing.

Thank you PrimeTime for posting.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
How's he (Goff) supposed to start before preseason game 2? And if he does or doesn't. Who gives a fuck.

Yup, we gained practically nothing alright... That's a bullshit comment.

How's he (Goff) supposed to start before preseason game 2? And if he does or doesn't. Who gives a freak.

Yup, we gained practically nothing alright... That's a bullcrap comment.
Fisher has already said that Keenum is the starter going into the season... for most good franchises your first round pick let alone the first overall pick makes an immediate impact (and Goff is actually worth multiple first round picks because of the trade!). And it's not a bullcrap comment just because you say... you got to back up your argument with some facts

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher has already said that Keenum is the starter going into the season...

He also said Sam Bradford wouldn't be traded. Fisher in fact has said many things that weren't true for very long if ever at all.

for most good franchises your first round pick let alone the first overall pick makes an immediate impact (and Goff is actually worth multiple first round picks because of the trade!)

Nice vague generalization there. In fact most "good" teams don't get immediate impact from their 1st round picks. A lot of teams at the bottom of the 1st round trade those picks away for multiple picks we see it every year. Also most good teams have fewer holes and start fewer rookies even 1st rounders. Also you can make the assumption already before even the 2nd preseason game that Goff won't have an impact? Even if he doesn't start game 1 that doesn't mean he won't have an impact on this team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know why there is so much hate against Jim Thomas... because he answered questions honestly? He's not being pessimistic, and he's not being "salty", he's just stating facts. Even if they were in St. Louis, the facts would stay the same: they lost talent and gained practically nothing. Their number one pick isn't even starting. Face it, the rams aren't going to go 10-6 this year, and the attendance will soon be worse than the dome's, because LA won't put up with losing.

Hmm, for a moment I thought I was reading a PD post. I think attendance will be just fine.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Is that you Jim?

Haha I love how you are all in denial of the facts, it's the truth whether the rams were still in St. Louis or in LA. The rams got a lot worse and it's gonna show this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Haha I love how you are all in denial of the facts, it's the truth whether the rams were still in St. Louis or in LA. The rams got a lot worse and it's gonna show this year.
Until the season is over everything is opinion, not fact.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

The only fact right now is, they haven't played in the regular season yet. So I would say your facts aren't facts at all. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it.