Jim Thomas: First round mock draft (updated)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas: First round mock draft (updated)

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...ble_2cd2fb60-22c6-5412-9b03-417a39d9374d.html

Draft order Jim Thomas, Post-Dispatch (4/17)

1. Tampa Bay Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2. Tennessee Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
3. Jacksonville Leonard Williams, DE, USC
4. Oakland Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5. Washington Dante Fowler, DE, Florida
6. N.Y. Jets Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
7. Chicago Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
8. Atlanta Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
9. N.Y. Giants Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
10. Rams Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
11. Minnesota Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
12. Cleveland DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
13. New Orleans Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
14. Miami Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
15. San Francisco Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
16. Houston Cameron Erving, C, Florida State
17. San Diego Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
18. Kansas City Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida
19. Cleveland (from Buffalo) Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
20. Philadelphia Landon Collins, S, Alabama
21. Cincinnati La’el Collins, OT, LSU
22. Pittsburgh Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
23. Detroit D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida
24. Arizona Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
25. Carolina Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
26. Baltimore Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
27. Dallas Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
28. Denver T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
29. Indianapolis Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
30. Green Bay Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon
31. New Orleans (from Seattle) Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri
32. New England Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
In this scenario I think that they take Waynes or Parker at ten.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do the Rams really take an ORT over a more impactful player in round 1? Davante Parker seems more likely. Trading back seems even more likely.

Does Arik Armstead last until? Is John Elway going to okay a stiff and raw TJ Clemmings to protect a battered and worn Manning? Is DGB really going to go in the first round? I have my doubts about all three.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Peat and Scherff are not top 10 calibre. This is a not a top heavy class for OL any way you look at it. Being I am fine with our receivers, I'm all in on Bud Dupree. He he is similiar to Quinn but I got Quinn slightly higher coming out.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Do the Rams really take an ORT over a more impactful player in round 1? Davante Parker seems more likely. Trading back seems even more likely.

Does Arik Armstead last until? Is John Elway going to okay a stiff and raw TJ Clemmings to protect a battered and worn Manning? Is DGB really going to go in the first round? I have my doubts about all three.
What do you think about Waynes @ 10?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd be perfectly fine with that scenario. Only way it could be better is if the 1b. running back on the board didn't go to the fucking Cardinals.

jjab360

Legend
Decent pick, Peat has become underrated for some reason. Really solid OT with a good technical foundation and a lot of potential. Probably one of the only OTs in the draft that could be better than Barksdale as soon as his rookie year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I haven't seen him.
What is he missing?

I don't think he is a shutdown corner. He is a good corner but he wasn't as dominant in college as his offseason, timed speed suddenly made some pundits think. If I take a corner at ten, I am looking for a guy that can lock down half the field. I don't see it in Waynes.

That doesn't mean Snead agrees, but the Rams have not been connected with any higher round corners that I recall, so I am thinking they won't take a first round corner.

Athos

Legend
There aren't any PPs in this draft class, imo, to warrant a top ten pick being used on a corner.

Parker > Waynes

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If this were to occur then Snead will kill two birds with one stone.

#1-Bird Killed.....Rams will have a starting Right OT.

#2-Bird Killed .....Snead now has a swing OT! He finally replaces swing OT Wayne Hunter that was released after 2012 season. The season when the Rams saw FOUR OLT's on the field in the lineup due to injuries.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I think a lot of people are underrating Peat quite a bit here. He'd be a monster on the Offensive Line for us and is just a steady prospect. Would be an upgrade over Barksdale at RT. It would be a really good pick if we choice to go that route.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think a lot of people are underrating Peat quite a bit here. He'd be a monster on the Offensive Line for us and is just a steady prospect. Would be an upgrade over Barksdale at RT. It would be a really good pick if we choice to go that route.
If you had a choice between Collins and Peat who would you pick?