Jim Thomas: Bradford's Play Could Affect StL Stadium Future?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas joins Frank Cusumano on 920AM for a Rams update. The Rams haven’t faced much extreme heat so far in training camp. They play in Tampa Bay in Week 2 so they need to be ready for the heat. Sam Bradford has passed every test physically so far. Schotty was real happy with him from Saturday’s scrimmage. The Andy Dalton contract is going to make it real interesting for Bradford’s possible new contract. How much will Bradford affect the Rams staying in St. Louis. If Sam and the Rams start winning it could help get a stadium built in St.Louis. JT says the 3 best WR’s in camp so far have been Quick, Britt, and Bailey. Fisher has said the Rams are going to play a lot of the young players starting Friday.

Listen to JT Interview

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Gotta love the sensationalism of this.

If the team wins, they'll likely get enough fan support for a new stadium. Sam Bradford isn't going to be the reason the team succeeds or fails. He's just a cog. An important cog, but a cog.

Big Game

Living The Dream

If the team wins, they'll likely get enough fan support for a new stadium. Sam Bradford isn't going to be the reason the team succeeds or fails. He's just a cog. An important cog, but a cog.

EXACTLY!!! Its all about winning!!

Philly5

Rookie
Winning could also make the Rams more attractive to another city.

Stan will end up where Stan can make the most $$$$. I would prefer St Louis to LA, but just want it resolved.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I have just kind of tuned out the stadium talk....it will happen when it happens. I don't worked up anymore one way or the other.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So the Rams won't be getting a new stadium, and they will be moving back to LA. Thanks Sam Bradford.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I've seen some QB's turn teams in similar situations around...Elway, Marino, Brees....Peyton...and looks like Luck & Wilson are doing it right now...Luck moreso than Wilson...Cam in a way too...not SB's, but winning and the winning culture.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I've seen some QB's turn teams in similar situations around...Elway, Marino, Brees....Peyton...and looks like Luck & Wilson are doing it right now...Luck moreso than Wilson...Cam in a way too...not SB's, but winning and the winning culture.

But they did so because they built solid teams around them. Put any of those QBs on the Raiders and they're not winning anything.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But they did so because they built solid teams around them. Put any of those QBs on the Raiders and they're not winning anything.
Elway, Marino, Peyton, Brees, and Luck did not have teams built around them initially. They joined very poor teams and almost immediately(usually after a season) started winning games...

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Elway, Marino, Peyton, Brees, and Luck did not have teams built around them initially. They joined very poor teams and almost immediately(usually after a season) started winning games...

It helps when the talent around also improves, especially on the opposite side of the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You sure?

The Dolphins went to the SB (strike season) the year before Marino got there.
The Broncos were 52-35 with a SB appearance over the previous 6 years before Elway got there.
Peyton is a once in a generation QB, so your point about him is valid. Even though they were in the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years prior to his arrival.
The Saints benefited from Brees, sure. But they also benefited GREATLY by getting rid of Haslett that same year.
And the Colts were in the playoff virtually every year before Luck got there. All he had to do is be better than Painter.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You sure?

The Dolphins went to the SB (strike season) the year before Marino got there.
The Broncos were 52-35 with a SB appearance over the previous 6 years before Elway got there.
Peyton is a once in a generation QB, so your point about him is valid. Even though they were in the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years prior to his arrival.
The Saints benefited from Brees, sure. But they also benefited GREATLY by getting rid of Haslett that same year.
And the Colts were in the playoff virtually every year before Luck got there. All he had to do is be better than Painter.

Hey man, my argument looked good on paper. OK so they all didn't join sieve offenses..I coulda swore Marino resuscitated a dying franchise? No? He made the offense then. Denver drafted #1, they weren't the worst team in the west? I still remember Elway leading another no-name offense to the promised land. Wrong again? How about Farve at Minnesota & New York? OK, at least I got Brees right. Luck turned the Colts around, and they don't have a serious team around him X...Tell the truth, you just trying to make me look bad. Peyton then Luck...saving that team. They had some wrs...but little else. A good QB can help you win, but they need help. But they'll help you win, in spite of the overall team flaws.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey man, my argument looked good on paper. OK so they all didn't join sieve offenses..I coulda swore Marino resuscitated a dying franchise? No? He made the offense then. Denver drafted #1, they weren't the worst team in the west? I still remember Elway leading another no-name offense to the promised land. Wrong again? How about Farve at Minnesota & New York? OK, at least I got Brees right. Luck turned the Colts around, and they don't have a serious team around him X...Tell the truth, you just trying to make me look bad. Peyton then Luck...saving that team. They had some wrs...but little else. A good QB can help you win, but they need help. But they'll help you win, in spite of the overall team flaws.
Oh for sure all of those QBs were instrumental in their continued success. You'd have to be a fool to state otherwise. Truthfully, I've never seen a QB like Marino and I think he's better than every QB on that list - including Manning. And yeah, I think a great QB can make up for a lot of shortcomings. But this Franchise, in particular, had just a ton of problems that needed to be corrected before any QB could come in and have a great career. I mean, in the last quarter century, this team has had exactly 5 winning seasons.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh for sure all of those QBs were instrumental in their continued success. You'd have to be a fool to state otherwise. Truthfully, I've never seen a QB like Marino and I think he's better than every QB on that list - including Manning. And yeah, I think a great QB can make up for a lot of shortcomings. But this Franchise, in particular, had just a ton of problems that needed to be corrected before any QB could come in and have a great career. I mean, in the last quarter century, this team has had exactly 5 winning seasons.
OUCH!!! Marino is my all time best QB ever..Eva-eva....I really learned to appreciate QB (& DB) play watching that guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have just kind of tuned out the stadium talk....it will happen when it happens. I don't worked up anymore one way or the other.

I try to but it's difficult because so any people are either misinformed or very under informed that it causes bad threads and for some reason I feel the need to correct those people.

Nice to see you Jimmy

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Why so impatient bro....... They've just been rebuilding that's all.

:whistle: