Jim Thomas believes Dahl gives 49'ers an edge against us

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In his chat;

<a class="postlink" href="http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Thread.aspx?Id=96250&Page=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Thread.a ... 250&Page=4</a>

Do we have the best record in the division again?
by joe April 30 at 5:12 PM

I'm gonna say San Francisco because Craig Dahl will be like an extra coach out there, whether he's playing or on the sidelines. Dahl is very smart and knows the Rams' tendencies on both sides of the ball.
by jthomas April 30 at 5:13 PM

JT, My Aunt can outrun Dahl!!
by HOFJay April 30 at 5:15 PM

Perhaps. But I'm talking about Dahl's knowledge of what the Rams do.
by jthomas April 30 at 5:16 PM

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have no doubt that harblah picked dahl up in order to learn as much as possible about our D. One certainly would hope that harblah intends to start dahl on his D,,, but that is just wishful thinking.

dahl may be familiar with our tendencies from last year,,, but let us not forget that there's a new Sheriff in town... Sheriff Walton.

I look for dahl to be viciously rubbing his eyes trying to adjust those red contacts when we play them next. From what little he CAN see, he will be in total disbelief. Look for harblah to be sending dahl out to pasture before we play them again the second time.

And Fuck the whiners btw.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What's that line about "the illusion of knowledge"?

I am not worried, in fact I hope he writes their defensive game plan,even more I hope he's their starter,we know more about him than he does about us, we can change.
He'll look good chasing the Tavonater

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And the Rams got Craig Dahl from the Giants and he really helped the Rams against them. How about this.."Hey Coach Harbaugh the Rams keep throwing to that little guy and I can't cover him."

wolfman84

Rookie
A battle of wits with Craig Dahl will like going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm going to go out on a limb here and think that Fisher, McGinniss, and Chuck Cecil...and add in Walton and the offensive staff...have the coaching acumen to out duel Craig Dahl's "coaching" ability.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wolfman84 said:
A battle of wits with Craig Dahl will like going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice Princess Bride reference.

I dare anyone to read that line and not have it sound like this dude's voice.

princess-bride-sicillian.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hmmmm.....does this say to anyone else that Fisher is renting space in Harbaughs mind and he feels like he needs to do something to get an edge or increase his chances? Maybe he feels like he can't crack the code without some help from a former insider.

The Rams gave up yards rushing, mostly to CK out of the pocket when nothing was there for him, but they shut down the 9ers passing game for the most part. They also sacked him 5 times in the first game and 3 in the second. That was the difference in my opinion.

He wants to avoid that but paying Dahl isn't gonna help.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Hmmmm.....does this say to anyone else that Fisher is renting space in Harbaughs mind and he feels like he needs to do something to get an edge or increase his chances? Maybe he feels like he can't crack the code without some help from a former insider.

The Rams gave up yards rushing, mostly to CK out of the pocket when nothing was there for him, but they shut down the 9ers passing game for the most part. They also sacked him 5 times in the first game and 3 in the second. That was the difference in my opinion.

He wants to avoid that but paying Dahl isn't gonna help.

I think he liked the way Dahl answered the question:

Who else has contacted you?

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol gotta make my own smileys

duckhunter

Starter
I agree with Les.

What? Dahl is going to teach pass blocking to niners OLine.

It was mainly a controlled 4 man in the lanes rush mano de mano sprinkled with a red dog every once in a while to keep the RB thinking first his blocking assignment then his pattern.

I want to see that Copperprick run that read option because Fish will have both outside LBs assigned to taking the free shot on the running QB. It's a gift. Clean unabated run through tackle dummy hit. Teeth rattler.

iced

he might be able to help, but no way either sides of the ball remain the same.

We have the freedom to call different pressures and coverages now that we actually have a safety that can cover

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Psh. This isn't anything new. Players get scooped up by division rivals all the time for this very reason. There isn't anything Dahl can tell the SF coaches about what our tendencies are on offense when the entire thing is going to change anyway with so many new players and starters.

As far as defense goes, he can't help there much either. We could hand them our playbook, and it still won't matter. It appeared (to me at least) that we were implementing a sort of amoeba defense last year, in that everyone would start in a base (blitz) formation, and then move in and out of the box showing different looks right before the snap. We did that a lot against Klaperdick and Shorty McSeaweed. I pretty much expect that to continue - particularly against those asshats.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dahl didn't know our defense when he played FOR us. Yeah - THAT should give Harblow the edge he's needing. :jerkoff:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think what JT was referring to was directed towards the defense. Not what we do on offense. Fisher and Co. will have to make some adjustments as to how we make adjustments on defense, the "calls", pre-snap looks, etc. Dahl knows what they were last yr. He "might" be able to help JH with his offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ReddingRam said:
I think what JT was referring to was directed towards the defense. Not what we do on offense. Fisher and Co. will have to make some adjustments as to how we make adjustments on defense, the "calls", pre-snap looks, etc. Dahl knows what they were last yr. He "might" be able to help JH with his offense.

Hey Redding, I'm working on a sick new Marc Bulger signature for you. :cheese:

jap

Legend
The '9ers hiring Dahl is essentially the same as what the 2000 Denver Broncoes and Shanahan did when they picked up former Ram SS, Billy Jenkins, to play/"coach" against our 2000 Rams in the opening Monday Night WeekOne game. Jenkins was interpreting the Rams' defensive calls/adjustments for the benefit of the Broncs. (This was the game where Torry and the Wizard of Az raced into the endzone together on a long reception while looking/chatting at/with each other most of the way.) The Rams won 41-36, but Denver was able to hang close because of Jenks' knowledge of our defensive calls/adjustments.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
ReddingRam said:

Hey Redding, I'm working on a sick new Marc Bulger signature for you. :cheese:

Oh biotch!! :what: :cheese:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good friend, Whiner fan, is all hyped and bragging that they stole Dahl from us. I told him he can have our sloppy seconds and that Dahl was not what he appears to be.