Jim Haslett gets a job at Penn State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-coach-jim-haslett-gets-a-job-at-penn-state/

Former Saints head coach Jim Haslett gets a job at Penn State
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 24, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptcxzjaxyti4ztu3nte1nmjhyjm0zdvmnzyxodc2ownh.jpeg
AP

Since being replaced as Washington’s defensive coordinator this offseason, we haven’t heard much from Jim Haslett.

Today, he’s surfaced.

According to Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com, Haslett has taken a job as a consultant at Penn State.

It gets him back to his home state, as he was born in Pittsburgh and attended Indiana University, the one in Pennsylvania not the one that used to have a basketball team.

Haslett had been with Washington for five seasons before they “mutually agreed” to part ways this offseason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Haslett#St._Louis_Rams

St. Louis Rams

Haslett became the St. Louis Rams' defensive coordinator to start the 2006 season. On September 29, 2008 Haslett was named the interim head coach of the Rams after Scott Linehan was fired. The Rams gave Haslett an interim coach's contract, containing a clause that promised him the permanent head coach's job if the team won at least six games that season.

Within a few weeks, this clause was nullified by the NFL, because it violated the league's "Rooney Rule". He won his first game as interim head coach of the Rams with a 19-17 victory over the 4-1Washington Redskins. That win was followed by a 34-14 drubbing of the Dallas Cowboys on 19 October 2008. This brought the Rams to a 2-4 record.

The team would lose their final 10 games, leaving Haslett with an interim record of 2-10 on the year. On January 15, 2009 the Rams announced that Haslett was no longer in consideration for the permanent head coaching position and that the team would be going in a "new direction".

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's another lightning rod name for us to chew on!

Never liked the guy... of course, especially when he was the coach of the Saints... then, failed with the Rams.

Glad he's got a job and all... more glad he's as far away from the Rams as possible.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Interesting. It's funny, between 07-09, Hazlett gave me the most hope. Coming in at 0-4 and beating Washington, destroying Dallas and then putting up a good fight vs NE(a game we should of won, but the refs screwed us over. Shocking, I know), I thought we had finally turned it around and would make a run. Obviously I was wrong, but still.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
. On September 29, 2008 Haslett was named the interim head coach of the Rams after Scott Linehan was fired.
Wrong. Haslett refused to accept the "interim" title at the time. I recall this because the Rams exec team stayed-up until 4AM in order to get the deal done with Haslett, having not confirmed his role before firing Linehan.