Jim Fassel at the Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bdfitz

UDFA
My daughter bought me tix to the Falcons game and we sat next to one of the best Ram fans I ever met. He mentioned Jim Fassel was a few rows in front of us and late in the game he said hello and wished him well as Jim was leaving. We stayed to the 2 min. warning. I always like Fassel and never saw him in person but I thought it was ironic I see him at the Coliseum and the next day his son John Fassel is the interim HC of the Rams....small world.

As for my 2 cents, I think one reason John was given the reins? He may be the only coach they keep...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As for my 2 cents, I think one reason John was given the reins? He may be the only coach they keep...

Agreed. He is the only coach I would keep if I were the incoming guy. Just hope it's not as head coach.

bdfitz

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As for the timing on Fisher? It was bad enough Jeff tied the record for ultimate futility. I don't think Kroenke wanted the most losses in NFL history owned by Ram HC. Again JMO.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My daughter bought me tix to the Falcons game and we sat next to one of the best Ram fans I ever met. He mentioned Jim Fassel was a few rows in front of us and late in the game he said hello and wished him well as Jim was leaving. We stayed to the 2 min. warning. I always like Fassel and never saw him in person but I thought it was ironic I see him at the Coliseum and the next day his son John Fassel is the interim HC of the Rams....small world.

I think you might well be right...Williams has lost a lot of luster with me as well as Fisher did...I think , not unlike Boudreaux is living in reputation now...His exotic this and exotic that seems to have become the apex of inconsistency at this point...I don't think that's a knee jerk comment but I suppose it could be...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
GW got figured out and his style just was not getting it done. I hope he goes with Fisher. Rams need new blood.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I could very well see them paying Fassel a premium to stay as ST coach and adding more responsibility, like Asst HC or some other deal...or simply make him the highest paid ST coach in the league by a fair bit. Granted, his job is made a ton easier with an ALL WORLD punter in Hekker, but he's got to coach the long snapper and the coverage guys, too.

And that doesn't include the trick plays...

TexasRam

Legend
I would keep Willaims for sure. I think he has done well with limited personnel.

Constant injury and lack of depth in secondary after losing Jenkins.

Quinn injured and a shell of himself.
Hayes declining.

Had the defense around #5 before the saints game with mid level talent.

Maybe you guys don't remember the Larry marmie days. There is a long way the defense can fall.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I would keep Willaims for sure. I think he has done well with limited personnel.

Constant injury and lack of depth in secondary after losing Jenkins.

Quinn injured and a shell of himself.
Hayes declining.

Had the defense around #5 before the saints game with mid level talent.

Maybe you guys don't remember the Larry marmie days. There is a long way the defense can fall.

Aaron Donald isn't "limited personnel"

Neither is Tru, Ogletree, Barron, Brockers, TJ, Quinn, Hayes, Alexander, Joyner, Easley

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well, with a new defensive scheme, we're probably going to need more help at LB.. we don't have much at all now

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Bones doesn't wear those shorts on game days does he?

Great coach but I don't need to see those skinny legs now that he's gonna be front and centre.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bones doesn't wear those shorts on game days does he?

Great coach but I don't need to see those skinny legs now that he's gonna be front and centre.
That's his thing though.
Kinda like Tom Landry's hat.