Jim Everett thinks Tyler Eifert would help Sam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Nice to see Jim still noticing.... always wonder how many of the LA gang are still following the team.

Loved watching Jim in West Lafayette, Indiana, and even loved it more when he came to LA. Good stuff.

Everett is also the only Purdue quarterback to ever beat Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ohio State all in the same season! Awesome.

jap

Legend
I can easily see why Jim is recommending a TE. Everett had acrobatic TE Pete Holihan on his team, the most gifted pair of hands on a team that included Henry Ellard and Flipper Anderson at WR. Sam's favorite collegiate target was his TE Jermaine Gresham.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
An elite TE would be awesome, after all Brady doesn't do too bad with Gronk & Hernandez :p

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah,,, it's great to see that Blade is still keeping tabs on the Rams.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I saw something from Jack Youngblood a while ago, I think he's watching the Rams again. When Spags was there, he said he felt as if the Rams wanted to push them aside, but with Fisher and Snead they're a lot more open to the players of the past still being welcome and part of the team. It was nice to see, because you know Youngblood still bleeds Yellow and Blue.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Selassie I said:

Good to see someone that knows Everett's nick name when he was on the team.

Awesome!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
I saw something from Jack Youngblood a while ago, I think he's watching the Rams again. When Spags was there, he said he felt as if the Rams wanted to push them aside, but with Fisher and Snead they're a lot more open to the players of the past still being welcome and part of the team. It was nice to see, because you know Youngblood still bleeds Yellow and Blue.
I believe there was a general "pushing them aside" when they arrived in 1995. I remember reading articles back in the GSOT days about Harrah and some others feeling abandoned by Georgia's Rams. There was the occasional event when an LA Ram was added to the Ring of Fame, but many of the good but not HOF players were ignored.

Remember that Deacon Jones wasn't added to the Ring until after Georgia's death.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Eifert is the hot name right now, has the measureables, but I'm sticking with Ertz as the best TE in this draft.

But I agree with Everett; a stud at TE would be a nice weapon on this team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would prefer some other TE's myself..like Travis Kelce & Vance McDonald better on the second day.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rambitious1 said:
Selassie I said:

Awesome!

Back in those days,,, I had a dog named Blade.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Rambitious1 said:
Selassie I said:

Awesome!
It was Harrah who gave him the nickname "General Blade", wasn't it?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
moklerman said:
Rambitious1 said:
Selassie I said:

Awesome!
I had forgotten that Everette was nicknamed "blade", and I didn't know that Harrah gave him the nickname "General Blade", but I do remember Harrah having the nickname "Hurk" (photo'd below) :lol:

addon.php

moklerman

Warner-phile
interference said:
moklerman said:
Rambitious1 said:
Selassie I said:

Awesome!
I had forgotten that Everette was nicknamed "blade", and I didn't know that Harrah gave him the nickname "General Blade", but I do remember Harrah having the nickname "Hurk" (photo'd below) :lol:

addon.php
Harrah was considered one of the strongest players in the NFL in his day and that o-line was a thing of beauty. It really is a shame things weren't managed better back then because with that line and that defense, the Rams should have won a lot more than they did.

Thanks for the photo, it's terrific. That being said, the Nike jerseys are TERRIBLE.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not positive about who gave him the nickname Blade,,, for some reason, I seem to remember it being Slater who tagged Jim with it. Again, I'm not sure though.

I do know why Jim earned that particular name however... One of our linemen (Harrah or Slater) would try and look back during plays at times in order to find where Jim was located in the pocket,,, apparently when Jim was viewed from the side, he was so skinny that he was hard to see. Skinny as a Blade

My dog who had the honor of being named Blade was the opposite of skinny. He was a pleasantly over-weight pug. If he was still around, he would definitely try and rip out jim rome's carotid arteries. I loved that dog.

nighttrain

Legend
Selassie I said:
I'm not positive about who gave him the nickname Blade,,, for some reason, I seem to remember it being Slater who tagged Jim with it. Again, I'm not sure though.

I do know why Jim earned that particular name however... One of our linemen (Harrah or Slater) would try and look back during plays at times in order to find where Jim was located in the pocket,,, apparently when Jim was viewed from the side, he was so skinny that he was hard to see. Skinny as a Blade

My dog who had the honor of being named Blade was the opposite of skinny. He was a pleasantly over-weight pug. If he was still around, he would definitely try and rip out jim rome's carotid arteries. I loved that dog.
i sure wish that pup was still around, loved when Everett went after rome. rome ran like a little punk
train

jap

Legend
Selassie I said:
LOL

rome screamed like the school-girl that he is too.

Yep, Jimbo effectively said, "I will show you who deserves to be called 'Chrissie,' sister!!!" :twisted: :lmao:

lasvegasrams

Rookie
lol im glad you guys brought up the rome incident. thats what i associate the name jim everett with.