Jets waive Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://t.sports.ca.msn.com/top-stories/jets-waive-qb-tim-tebow-after-disappointing-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.sports.ca.msn.com/top-stories/ ... ing-season</a>

The New York Jets on Monday announced that Tim Tebow was being let go, just three days after they surprisingly selected another quarterback in the NFL draft.

The New York Jets on Monday announced that Tim Tebow was being let go, ending his term at one melodramatic season.

Coach Rex Ryan said in a statement put out by the team in announcing the move Monday morning: "Unfortunately, things did not work out the way we all had hoped."

Tebow was little used at quarterback in his lone season in New York. He threw for 39 yards and rushed 32 times for 102 yards.

He came to the Jets in a trade last year after becoming a sports phenomenon in Denver, leading the Broncos to a string of comeback victories and a playoff berth in 2011. But when the Broncos landed future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning as a free agent after the season, Tebow became expendable.

The popular backup quarterback was acquired by the Jets for a fourth-round draft pick and $1.5 million US in salary.

While everyone from Johnson to Ryan to former general manager Mike Tannenbaum to former offensive co-ordinator Tony Sparano said they were all "on board" with Tebow, it became evident early that he had no clear role.

Mark Sanchez returned at quarterback in 2012 for the Jets, but suffered through a mediocre season. Tebow was seemingly waiting in the wings to get a shot at taking over, leading to constant press speculation and questions for Ryan, who backed Sanchez all season.

The lone game Sanchez didn't start, the job went to Greg McElroy as Tebow was dealing with an injury. The Jets finished 6-10, and on one symbolic play, Tebow went out on a passing route and was hit in the helmet by Sanchez's attempt.

The Jets on Thursday selected West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith in the second round. Earlier in the offseason, they signed former NFL starter David Garrard, who is coming back from injuries.

New York also have quarterbacks McElroy and Matt Simms on the roster.

With files from CBCSports.ca

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4[/youtube]

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If one looks back at some of my postings here you will see that I was a big Tebow supporter when he was in Denver, but I've grown tired, very tired of the circus that surrounds him. Besides, if the kid is unwilling to fix his flawed throwing motion, then F him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I wholeheartedly agree with the Nooooooooooooooos.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hope he goes where he belonged all along, Jacksonville. He's a good kid but he'll never be QB in the NFL. He has heart and he could help the Jags win with the aurora that seems to surround him. Good luck to him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Dude said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4[/youtube]

I am not going to watch that whole thing. I got your point at the halfway mark. :cool:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stranger said:
If one looks back at some of my postings here you will see that I was a big Tebow supporter when he was in Denver, but I've grown tired, very tired of the circus that surrounds him. Besides, if the kid is unwilling to fix his flawed throwing motion, then F him.
Throwing motion aside I dont get why he refuses to play a position better suited for him.I mean come on

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
Stranger said:
Throwing motion aside I dont get why he refuses to play a position better suited for him.I mean come on

I'm not sure there is one. If he could catch maybe he could learn to play a little TE and IMO we already know he cannot carry the ball out of the backfield as a RB.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Regardless of him as a player is there a franchise that would want the Tebowism that follows him?

Arena Football?

BadCompany

Rookie
His Canadian Football League rights are owned by my Montreal Alouettes, and our general manager Jim Popp has already said that he would welcome Tebow... as a backup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Alouettes+Popp+would+love+have+Tebow/8312390/story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/A ... story.html</a>

People think his skill-set is better suited for the CFL because of the bigger field allegedly suiting a running QB a little bit better. But in reality the CFL is a passing league, because of that bigger field (and the three downs only rule) so you gotta be able to throw too. People think of Doug Flutie and the dominance he had up here because of his legs, but Flutie could run AND throw, much like Warren Moon before him. If you can't throw CFL defenses will simply sit on you as a runner, much like any NFL defense would do.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
shaunpinney said:
Regardless of him as a player is there a franchise that would want the Tebowism that follows him?

Arena Football?

Nah they throw every down he'd be awful. A good draw though at first and would fill stadiums.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
LesBaker said:
shaunpinney said:

Arena Football?

Nah they throw every down he'd be awful. A good draw though at first and would fill stadiums.

In Canada?