Jets trade up to #3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rules have changed since '92, favoring the pass game. I'd go Saquan then QB
train

The Giants and Jets are almost assuredly going QB at 2,3 - you can either have your first choice of quarterbacks or your third choice of quarterbacks and either way you get Barkey.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Colts might be a trade partner to get the CB at 23. Would you trade 23 for 36, 37, and 178?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If the Jets truly believe that there are 3 franchise QB's in this draft, then this was a Brilliant move!

Even though they were only a few spots back at #6, you damn straight trade those 2nd rounders without hesitation for a young franchise quarterback.

Some people get caught up in how much draft capitol was surrendered when teams trade up in the first round. Draft capitol has a different value chart when it involves rookie franchise quarterbacks.

Congratulations to the New York Jets!

Flying up from #6 to the #3 overall pick
th

Sam-Darnold-Josh-Allen-and-Josh-Rosen-set-to-throw-at-the-NFL-Combine.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if 2 or 3 didn’t want to take a QB - you know Buffalo is on the other end of that phone blowing it up looking to jump up for one. Saquon will be there at 4 absent something really strange. Of course, it is the draft and something strange always happens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
agree, but my post was if they have the QB's all rated more or less equal, could happen
train

I think to the masses they might appear or get ranked equal... but to the guys with jobs on the line... they will have a clear favorite. Just like when the Rams grabbed Goff.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Each QB drafted on day one I will be :yay:until #23 is called. If Five come off the boards before we are up things are going just fine.

After this deal all the pro Mocks have been pulled down & being revised.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is what’s wrong with the NFL. Teams can’t be patient. None of these QBs are worth trading up for IMO. It’s not the teams fault, but owners want winners now. Denver has the right idea, hopefully. Get a decent QB in Keenum and build your team around him and stay competitive. But wait until you’re absolutely sure you want that QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Browns the big winners of this. Pick your QB at 1 and have your choice of any non QB at 4.

Picks 1,2,3 are QBs. No question.

Yeah the Browns were always going QB. They have a new GM that knows wtf he's doing. No way that dude is going to prioritize a position with a shelf life of 3-6 years over a pocket QB franchise option. He will take the QB he prefers at 1 period. They've passed on enough QBs who "weren't good enough for them."

Same deal with the Giants. Everyone thinking they're going to go forward with a 37 year old QB who has been on the decline are on crazy pills. Manning makes a great bridge QB option, but he's not a solution moving forward for the new GM who also knows wtf he's doing.

Jets gonna be lookin at the third best QB vs Barkley. But obviously they love the top three guys to make this move IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what’s wrong with the NFL. Teams can’t be patient. None of these QBs are worth trading up for IMO. It’s not the teams fault, but owners want winners now. Denver has the right idea, hopefully. Get a decent QB in Keenum and build your team around him and stay competitive. But wait until you’re absolutely sure you want that QB.

Could not disagree with you more on this. You don't draft a QB for year one. You draft a QB for the next decade plus. It is an investment you have to make in the future, or you don't have a chance.

This year's QBs are the best crop in many years and that will bear true over the next five or so seasons as they start to grab the starting jobs around the league. There's options at the top, and it's a deep class.

Denver will build it around Keenum, figure out that their ceiling is limited with him, and go right back to needing to fix it right. In the draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Colts might be a trade partner to get the CB at 23. Would you trade 23 for 36, 37, and 178?
Huge Maybe! it depends on which NT/OLB/Pass rusher's are still available! But it sounds really tempting!(y);)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Each QB drafted on day one I will be :yay:until #23 is called. If Five come off the boards before we are up things are going just fine.

After this deal all the pro Mocks have been pulled down & being revised.

Yeah if we see the top three off the board in the top three picks, then the fourth guy (will be Mayfield or Rosen) will be off the board as well soon thereafter. I was thinking Mayfield would last to the teens, but not now. Lot of teams are into this dude, and though Rosen has taken some hits on his personality, his talent will result in a high pick of that I have no doubt.

What we need is one of those second tier types or maybe two to be reached for in round one before we select. The more the better. :D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No matter what happen Denver will have a great pick at #5!! Which will make my wife happy!;)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

In a heart beat - but the Colts would be trading a ginormous premium. No way they offer that much. Huge premiums get given pretty much only at the top of the draft, for an elite QB prospect.

It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. On the trade value chart it would be 760 points for 1090 points. If they wanted a guy that much, they would trade with somebody higher than the Rams to ensure they get him.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I am not getting it.
The jets are giving up that much draft capital to move behind TWO QB needy teams? No matter who they're targeting, he might not be there. So the jets are basically saying, "we'll take the best QB available."?

The only way this makes sense to me is if they have their eyes on a couple players and know one will be there and they're comfortable no matter who it is--possibly not even a QB

Another off season head scratcher.