Jets trade for Ryan Clady

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know we have Grob but for a 5th round pick it's kinda silly not to do it. Two years ago he was the best tackle in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I rarely if ever watch the Broncos play. Perhaps his play has declined recently? Hard to believe it only took a 5th...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I rarely if ever watch the Broncos play. Perhaps his play has declined recently? Hard to believe it only took a 5th...
Looking it up he's only played 18 games in the last three years. He makes Saffold look healthy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know we have Grob but for a 5th round pick it's kinda silly not to do it. Two years ago he was the best tackle in the league.
Yes! this is why the move really surprises me! Now the Broncos, "Defending Champs!" not only have major QB issues but O-Line issues as well!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looking it up he's only played 18 games in the last three years. He makes Saffold look healthy.

I think that's it. Jets banking he stays healthy. If he does; good deal for them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that's it. Jets banking he stays healthy. If he does; good deal for them.
More than likely but they're rolling the dice on a LT and a QB. Not a recipe I'd like to follow for an offense, oh wait. Though I feel better about GRob than Clady.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here are the details of His new contract. If he gets hurt Jets can walk away for as little as $3million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/09/ryan-clady-has-two-year-deal-deal-with-jets/

Ryan Clady has two-year deal deal with Jets
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2016, 9:04 PM EDT
ryancladydallascowboysvdenverbroncoso98uoznvjorl-e1342617389607.jpg
Getty Images
The Broncos have indeed traded tackle Ryan Clady to the Jets. And Clady has traded in his Denver contract for a new deal in New York.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Clady will make $6 million in 2016. Of that amount, $3 million is guaranteed. Another $1.5 million is available in incentives based on playing time and postseason honors.

The Jets hold an option for 2017 at $10 million. The amount of the 2017 salary can increase to $13 million based on 2016 playing time. There’s also a bonus of $2.5 million due in February 2017, forcing the Jets to make a quick decision on whether they’ll keep Clady for the second year.

Clady was due to make $19.5 million over the next two years in Denver, with no guaranteed money. He now has a maximum value of $20.5 million, $3 million of which is guaranteed.

In contrast, new Broncos left tackle Russell Okung, who was viewed as the top left tackle in free agency this year, has no guarantees on a deal that pays out at most $5 million for one year with a team-held option for the next four.