Jets to release Trumaine Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

Man his play fell off a cliff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Man his play fell off a cliff.
Another in a long list of players some said we made a catastrophic error in letting go.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another in a long list of players some said we made a catastrophic error in letting go.
We gonna regret letting a talent like Trumaine go, you buncha trailers! ~ OldSchool & LACHAMP46

…..

Legend
“We are going to pay 12 million American dollars to have Trumain leave the team.”

ouch.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
At least he got his money... it's not his fault the Jets offered him that contract. He did make some plays for them.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't recall anyone saying that was a mistake. The second the Jets signed him we all knew it was too much.

I said it was a mistake to keep him over Janoris back when we chose to franchise him - and that was true - although it also would have been a mistake to sign Janoris long term.

Ram65

Legend
Tru had injury issues with the Rams and they continued with the Jets. He made some good even great plays with the Rams. I thought Jenkins was more durable. Sometimes I think Tru hit too hard that he injured himself. Here you can see some of his playmaking abilities.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNNA3mf8S0

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some players burn out. They play for that second contract and then mail it in. Tru played well for the Rams and was more disciplined than Jenkins. In the end evaluating character really matters when drafting. Snead and Fisher made it a habit of completely overlooking character for physical talent. I've never been a big proponents of that philosophy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd expect a cover 3 type team to snap him up on the cheap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't recall anyone saying that was a mistake. The second the Jets signed him we all knew it was too much.

I said it was a mistake to keep him over Janoris back when we chose to franchise him - and that was true - although it also would have been a mistake to sign Janoris long term.
It happens with most every player we don’t resign and has for a very long time. Some players the groaning is louder but yes it was there.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tru was good for a big corner but a lot of us forget that he used to have to play like 7 yards off coverage to not get beat.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Solid zone defender with awesome length and hands. He never had the recovery speed you wanted though. He’s in trouble as his legs start to fade.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I think it is more WTF Snisher did by not making a decision on either JJ or Tru . Yes The Rams end up getting comp picks,but they also should have been in the playoffs a bunch of times. Snisher will never be off the hook for that .
McSnead resigned Tru to a SECOND FRANCHISE TAG!!! Freaking Crazy

All said McSnead got lucky with Peters & Talib. The depth right now with Williams,Hill,& Long is nice. Still a Huge cost for RAMsey. Still not signed so unsure of the direction The Rams go for cap space.
I yelled at Tru against the Chargers at UCI. Just sat down with a coke of all things. Would have had the whole fight on video. Got part of it,but Tru was a puck.
Mcvay at there new LA site Mcvay gave him a big hug,because he wanted him to be the leader.I give Mcvay credit for handling players well. Last season he had overload & was not as good as a HC. He says it & made corrections, but then again it’s water under the bridge.
RAMsey is the guy,but what price ?? Is he a franchise tag guy 2 times ?? That would be a huge cost. Tru was not cheap or all that. The Jets found that out.
Bell or Gurley ???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tru was good for a big corner but a lot of us forget that he used to have to play like 7 yards off coverage to not get beat.

Had good hands & came up with a
Leading seasons in INts on his contract year.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Different team, different culture, different system. All will effect the play of a player.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had good hands & came up with a
Leading seasons in INts on his contract year.
Yeah. I prefer corners who don't get targeted over corners who get picks. But that's just a preference thing

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Tru was better than JJ. Hands down. JJ plays best in a Marcus Peters role. Was never good in man to man against taller receivers.