Jets To Release Santanio Holmes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3635/santonio-holmes

ESPN New York expects the Jets to release Santonio Holmes.

Gang Green can save $8.25 million against the salary cap by releasing Holmes and his $10.75 million cap hit. Holmes is due a $1 million roster bonus on March 13, but we'd expect the Jets to cut ties with the soon-to-be 30-year-old before then. Once the Jets release Holmes, Mark Sanchez, and Antonio Cromartie, they'll have over $40 million in cap space. Cromartie could re-sign.

just noting since he played during schotty's tenure and he knows the system....no other connection than that, but i wouldn't be surprised to see us having interest

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hahahaha I remember when Steeler fans hated the decision to trade him.

OVERRATED.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope not. I, personally, am not interested in an old(er) and oft injured WR who seemed not to have a big desire to get back onto the field.

ausmurp

Starter
We we definately need an older WR to help coach up these young guys. Maybe Holmes is the guy. I'd take him for vet min.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
43 receptions while playing in 15 games the past 2 years. What exactly would he be teaching them?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
43 receptions while playing in 15 games the past 2 years. What exactly would he be teaching them?

Exactly.

Why bother with a guy who is not able to contribute just because 7 years ago he was considered dangerous lol.

Alan

Legend
I don't want to waste any of our scarce resources on a WR unless their salaries don't become one of our top 51.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i'm not advocating signing him - just to be clear... i'm just saying in 2 months i wouldn't be surprised we sniff around his services if he's willing to go cheap..i'd rather have maclin but i'm just sayin don't be surprised if there's a link

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I want Byrd. If we only have money for one guy, it's Byrd.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I think the dude is done. Can't afford a roster spot for him. A couple of years ago, sure.

RFIP

Steelers made the right decision on him and Wallace, like they usually do.

Last edited:

OhioRam

Rookie
I think the steelers missed Wallace last season Rfip and Holmes had 2 really good years with the jets after that trade just been hurt to date....if he
stays happy I'll love to have him for a year