Jets sign Brett Rypien

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
:laugh4:

Rypien who did such a great job giving Ol' Petey the inside line on the Rams offense that they promptly lost to the Rams again.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This reminds me of something that I mentioned before about the Rams. The Rams are proactive. (Most of the time.) They do the things that cause other teams to react. They try to stay ahead of situations.

This move for the Jets is reactive.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Being here in NYC, I believe it is more Joe Douglas' call than Robert Saleh's decision.

Also think Aaron Rodgers has had a say. The Jets are a dysfunctional organization.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Swapping a 3rd string for another 3rd string. It is what it is.

BTW if Raheem gets a HC somewhere I want Robert Saleh as DC if he gets canned.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
damn. Who thinks their HC gets fired end of season? If Morris leaves this offseason would you guys consider getting Saleh as the DC?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I hate to bag on a player when he's down, but man.... I'm still pissed that dude ever donned the horns.

It's been a journey developing the bond I've enjoyed with my 15 year old son watching the Rams on gameday. Even when work takes me across the country, I'd check in with him and he'd have the game on with no reminder from me to do so. That Packers game with Rypien at quarterback almost permanently severed his interest....what's worse, it almost severed mine as well. To field a player like that as your field general is effectively mailing it in as team. The culmination of too many really bad life decisions had to be in play for that shit to happen. There's only two choices when shit gets that low, crash the plane or pull up. The Rams pulled up.

On the bright side, I had my fanatic side kick son back in time for the Browns Game and he has his fandom back.

And I don't hate Rypien as a person. I wish him well in any other vocation that doesn't include a score board.
Maybe I need therapy though, because this Rypien update triggered me. Just knowing he's still in the league made me twitchy

family guy help GIF

God have mercy on the Jets.

Go Rams!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
damn. Who thinks their HC gets fired end of season? If Morris leaves this offseason would you guys consider getting Saleh as the DC?
I'd keep Saleh because he gives you a top performing defense. The guy is a top DC. Just need to make sure your offensive staff is up to snuff and I think some of that is Saleh going through that learning curve as a head coach. Not all these guys dunk that shit. Fix the offense and you have a contender.

QB also looms of course for them, i.e. can Rodgers stay healthy. Lot of risk there. So I'd make damn sure I draft a QB this year if one is there for them. They have to upgrade that backup spot for sure either way.

My prediction is they end up with Tannehill. He's shitty but adjust the system for him with a strong run game (if you need to start him) and hope you don't need him while Rodgers does his thing.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I would. His defenses have always been legit plus he'd know how to better defend the Whiners.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tim Boyle is one of the worst QBs to ever have a NFL career. He was a bad college QB, stuck around in the NFL because he's friends with Rodgers, and the Jets were absolute morons to start him for a single game, much less multiple games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel bad for Jets fans, they have literally no chance of seeing an NFL caliber product any time soon. Saleh is absolutely awful.
Want to know how bad the Jets QB situation is? Brett Rypien was so bad that even his uncle Mark would be better at 61 years old and throwing left handed, and yet Brett was light years better than the garbage the Jets have put on the field

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The redeeming factor of this Rypein thing is that he was cut immediately.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Jets are like a low budget science fiction fantasy on Hulu.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Jets are like a low budget science fiction fantasy on Hulu.
I believe the plot for Shark-Nado 7 is an attack on the Jets’ Training Camp.

Aaron Rodgers saves many lives by throwing football-shaped grenades at the attacking sharks.

Zach Wilson tries to help but all his throws miss the mark.

Zach is mortally wounded, and dies in Aaron’s arms. It’s a real tear jerker.