Jets release Jachai Polite... RAMS Sign Him To PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Would like to see Patrick get a shot beyond special teams as well.
Sure looks like Snead found a golden gem in the discarded rack with Natrez Patrick. Can play both OLB'er posts plus he can play inside LB'er. Next season I would look for Patrick to push Ebukam. Wade is finally well-endowed (y) :) with ER's/OLB'ers! It took some time to get this excellent young OLB'er cadre together.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting two more OL I would suspect.
I'd wager it's two just like what we drafted this year. Tackles who can play guard or be taught to. And they'll go the UDFA route for a backup to Allen unless one of the guys they have now like Brewer, Kolone or Shelton is the answer. They do list Shelton as a Center on the active roster.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We'll need a swing tackle to back up Noteboom and Havenstein next year for sure.
Guess you are expecting current Swing OT David Edwards to start @ LG & that 3rd round selection OT Bobby Evans who started @ both OT posts for 3 seasons in college is a bust unable to do the same in the NFL level?

I'd wager it's two just like what we drafted this year. Tackles who can play guard or be taught to. And they'll go the UDFA route for a backup to Allen unless one of the guys they have now like Brewer, Kolone or Shelton is the answer. They do list Shelton as a Center on the active roster.
I would agree here.......... Shelton is the type of reserve OC that Kromer might take a liking too after this season concludes & really like what I have seen from Chandler Brewer on the right side RG/RT.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess you are expecting current Swing OT David Edwards to start @ LG & that 3rd round selection OT Bobby Evans who started @ both OT posts for 3 seasons in college is a bust unable to do the same in the NFL level?
Or I expect him to start at RG. Or one of them could be the swing tackle and we draft a Guard or even one of the other three OLine like Brewer could be the RG. Either way I expect another two OLine drafted in 2020 and even one a year every year as we stagger contracts and watch people leave.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Or I expect him to start at RG. Or one of them could be the swing tackle and we draft a Guard or even one of the other three OLine like Brewer could be the RG. Either way I expect another two OLine drafted in 2020 and even one a year every year as we stagger contracts and watch people leave.
It would be a very smart plan for the next few drafts to build a smooth operational effective OL for our very expensive $$$$ pocket passer. This would include a well-endowed talented reserve OL cadre too!

Name a higher priority?

fearsomefour

Legend
Would like the first round pick to go OL this year to replace Blythe.....assuming he leaves for greener pastures.
I don’t care if they draft a T that can play G or draft a guy that is only a G, but, invest that late first round pick to fill that spot.
Assuming Whitworth retires it will be interesting to see how LT shuffled out with Noteboom, Edward, Evans and maybe a fourth.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think Edward's is going to surprise a lot of people next year I think he either starts at LT or LG And have boom swing out to LT. There will definitely be a position battle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would like the first round pick to go OL this year to replace Blythe.....assuming he leaves for greener pastures.
I don’t care if they draft a T that can play G or draft a guy that is only a G, but, invest that late first round pick to fill that spot.
Assuming Whitworth retires it will be interesting to see how LT shuffled out with Noteboom, Edward, Evans and maybe a fourth.
I still on Corner being our first pick unless an exceptional talent falls to us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wish we would have hung on to Peterson. I think that guy if given a chance is gonna be a stud
True but Darious Williams offers so much more @ corner. One of DW skills that placed him far above Peterson was Williams speed. DW can also quick enough to play the Nickle post something Peterson was not as good at.

I would bet that Snead is planning on drafting two talented outside corners in 2020 to go with veterans 28 yr old NRC, 29 yr old Troy Hill, 27 yr old Darious Williams, 26 yr old Dont'e Deayon & 22 yr old David Long.