Jets Inquire About Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The Jets are up in like 7 more picks ... maybe we are underestimating Stacy's value and we find ourselves on the clock...

Nope, came and went. Nice thought though. Jets do have 2 7th rounders.

I'm kinda wondering if the Jets have any unhappy non-starting players that would like a better chance at more playing time. OLB Trevor Reilly perhaps? CB Kyle Wilson?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Random.. Love that this board takes you to new posts in threads you've viewed.
Awesome.
...there is so much to appreciate about this board it's not funny. Best board in Rams fandom universe.

V3

Hall of Fame
Still think Stacey and a 6th for a 5th would be a good move. Make it next year and it'd be even better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Didn't we pick him in the 5th, and unloaded some other picks to move up to get Stacy?

I'm not suggesting he's worth a lot, but we gave up a fair amount to get him. Would seem at least a 5th would be reasonable?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Gurley could conceivably miss the entire season, no reason to move Stacy unless we get a good deal for him.

Gurley will be in TC week 2 according to the latest update. He may not miss a game but certainly not a season or even half a season. My bold prediction is game 1 and no later than the bye week.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Didn't we pick him in the 5th, and unloaded some other picks to move up to get Stacy?

I'm not suggesting he's worth a lot, but we gave up a fair amount to get him. Would seem at least a 5th would be reasonable?

I agree. A 5th. He was a breath of fresh air and played well. He's a known commodity. He's been a solid team player and just wants to be a starter.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I see your point, but based upon Stacy's attitude and conduct, I think he well deserves a chance to play more regularly with another team.
Plus he could be a distraction to the rest of the team because he wants out. IMO, we don't need a guy if he doesn't want to prove his worth to the team in some way.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think we are seeing why Stacy was in the doghouse last yr. He is a "sulker". When he had early issues with the fumble and not hitting the hole like he did the prior yr....and Tre Mason got in and showed out ... I think Stacy sulked and showed it. He is already doing the same thing right now with the pick of Gurley. Shows me a lack of competitive spirit ... which I don't want on MY team.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Gurley will be in TC week 2 according to the latest update. He may not miss a game but certainly not a season or even half a season. My bold prediction is game 1 and no later than the bye week.
If he was 100% he would likely not see any meaningful playing time until week 6 or however long it takes for him to get pass protection up to par. Since he's not, it will probably be longer. I know he said he'd be ready for training camp, but that would be too fast given how recently the injury occurred. Why risk his future when we have backs already in the fold who can handle the job until he's fully recovered?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah there is no reason to rush Gurley. None. Give him reps in TC so he can grasp the playbook etc. This pick is a player to build our offense around for the next decade. Even if he doesn't get fully integrated in 2015 i wouldn't scoff at it. Let Mason run wild until Gurley is 110% ready to go.