Jets/Bills think they can have the best defensive line in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd say that while sane people might argue about whose front four is the best, there isn't any question in my mind that we have potentially the best D-line. Fairley/Brockers (who ever you think won't be the starter), Hayes, Sims and even Westbrooks would make a decent 1st string on many teams and they're our backup/rotational players.
I would have to do a little research to be exact, But I would say, off the top of my head, This is the Best and deepest D unit the Rams have had in probably 35 years!!
And I've seen them all since 1951!!

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 with a look back:
I would have to do a little research to be exact, But I would say, off the top of my head, This is the Best and deepest D unit the Rams have had in probably 35 years!!
And I've seen them all since 1951!!
Can you think of a past Ram team who had, comparatively speaking for its time, 8 players as good as this?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I8kq0uJ.gif
Just a little Louder, for the hearing impaired!
NOPE!!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Can you think of a past Ram team who had, comparatively speaking for its time, 8 players as good as this?
I had to look it up for you! 1980 we had:
*DE Jack Youngblood
*DT Larry Brooks
*DT Mike Fanning
*DE Fred Dryer

*LLB Jim YoungBlood

*MLB Hacksaw Reynolds
*RLB Bob Brudzinski

* LCB Pat Thomas
* RCB Rod Perry
* SS Johnnie Johnson
AND
*FS Nolan Cromwell
S0 I think I was right in guessing 1980!!:D

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 with a great D:
*DE Jack Youngblood
*DT Larry Brooks
*DT Mike Fanning
*DE Fred Dryer

*LLB Jim YoungBlood

*MLB Hacksaw Reynolds
*RLB Bob Brudzinski

* LCB Pat Thomas
* RCB Rod Perry
* SS Johnnie Johnson
AND
*FS Nolan Cromwell
Although I don't know everyone on that list that looks like a great D. Not what I asked for though. What I meant to ask was did you know of a past team that had as good of a D-line as we do, not overall defense. I was just curious because I'm not a long time Ram fan so I'm mostly unaware of most of your former players. I can say with certainty that the Big Red never had a D-line as good and deep as this one is. Not all 8 players.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Although I don't know everyone on that list that looks like a great D. Not what I asked for though. What I meant to ask was did you know of a past team that had as good of a D-line as we do, not overall defense. I was just curious because I'm not a long time Ram fan so I'm mostly unaware of most of your former players. I can say with certainty that the Big Red never had a D-line as good and deep as this one is. Not all 8 players.
You can believe me when I tell you that '1980 Line' would match up real well with ours today! and we had depth too!
That said I did think you were referring to the Total D!
And it was Fun digging that info up!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Allen, I forgot to mention, this Team was our SB XIV Team!:D

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 with more:
Allen, I forgot to mention, this Team was our SB XIV Team!:D

So 35 years is a once in a generation D-line right? (y) :banana: :rockon:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...-defensive-line-in-the-nfl.37431/#post-562043

Bills think they can have the greatest defense ever
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 29, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwm1zje1ntc2yzk4m2m2nzi3y2e3ytazm2flyjhhmmy1.jpeg

Confidence continues to pour out of Buffalo, as the arrival of Rex Ryan has made a major impact on the attitude of the Bills.

Multiple players on the Bills’ defense have said that they believe they can have the best defense in the history of the NFL this season.

We want to be the best in history — one of the greatest,” linebacker Nigel Bradham told theToronto Sun. “That’s what we’re striving for … the greatest of all time, not just this year or last year.”

Asked about the defense’s goal for the season, Marcell Dareus answered, “Best ever. It’s so obtainable. All we have to do is continue to do what we want, and not what we can. If we do what we want, and do everything to head in that direction, why can’t we? Why can’t we?”

Dareus has bought into everything that Ryan is selling.

“We finally have a coach who will really lay it on the line for us,” he said. “I mean, Rex will make the tough calls and really put us in the position to win, regardless of whatever the stakes are. And he’s not going to be buddy-buddy. He’s like, ‘You’re a grown man and I’m going to tell it to you like it is.’ And that’s what we all need.

We’re all grown men. To have somebody babying us, or somebody trying to micro-manage us — I mean, no man really wants to ever be under somebody’s thumb all the time. Rex is just that type of guy where he’s going to let you play ball, he’s going to put you in the best situations, and he’s going to do his best not to let you fail.”

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams echoed those sentiments.

“Yeah, I think big goals and big dreams produce pretty great things,” Williams said. “And if you’re not willing to put yourself out there and be held accountable to that, you’ll just be happy with any results that you get. That’s not what we want. We want to be the best.”

The Bills had one of the NFL’s best defenses last year and should have one of the NFL’s best defenses this year, too. But best ever? That’s a title often given to the 1985 Bears Defense coached by Rex’s father, Buddy Ryan. The Bills have a long way to go before they’re in that company.

Well they did have the best D last season, if they didn't play the equivalent of 2 games more than the Seahawks. But considering we're going to have the best D next year, it's going to be difficult to have the best ever (y)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
*DE Jack Youngblood*DE Fred Dryer*LLB Jim YoungBlood
*MLB Hacksaw Reynolds
* LCB Pat Thomas
* RCB Rod Perry
* SS Johnnie Johnson
AND
*FS Nolan Cromwell

I want that secondary
That is a pretty good list of 8 starters and Brooks was no slouch

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Junkman presents a statement with similar intellectual honesty:

So, I was l looking at myself in the mirror after a shower and having freshly shaved my junk, and I came to the conclusion that I must have not only the largest but also the most talented dick in history. This is clearly my best unit overall, from top to bottom. I have to keep putting my work in now, but it's when I get out there that I'll really see what I've got. Best ever, that's my goal and it's so attainable. All I have to do is keep doing what I want, not what I can, and keep heading in that direction. Why can't I? Why can't I?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Junkman presents a statement with similar intellectual honesty:

So, I was l looking at myself in the mirror after a shower and having freshly shaved my junk, and I came to the conclusion that I must have not only the largest but also the most talented dick in history. This is clearly my best unit overall, from top to bottom. I have to keep putting my work in now, but it's when I get out there that I'll really see what I've got. Best ever, that's my goal and it's so attainable. All I have to do is keep doing what I want, not what I can, and keep heading in that direction. Why can't I? Why can't I?

Ps - and anyone who doubts me, I challenge you to a dual! What's your pleasure? Sword fight? Jaust? Ring toss? Whack-a-mole?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't trade our d line for anyone's....but....

We thought they were the best last year, and they were FAR from it. The Bills D line was easily the best last year, so I wouldn't supplant them.

The Jets have a killer D line and the best CBs in the NFL.

The Dolphins with Wake and Suh easily challenge us for the 2nd best DL.

I would put us 2nd behind the Bills, but nervously.

Overall our defense last year was worse than all these teams' defenses will be this year, so let's hope we get the improvement we are all expecting.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We have to prove it before we're #1. Talent wise no question, but has to be for 16 games.

Um, I mean 19 :)

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
So? We have the best offensive line!:D

But seriously, we have to play the AFCE, and those lines scare me. I like our chances though, as none of those QB's scare me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like our chances though, as none of those QB's scare me.

That's just it. Rams fans know all too well that a solid DL can only get you so far without good play at QB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So? We have the best offensive line!:D

But seriously, we have to play the AFCE, and those lines scare me. I like our chances though, as none of those QB's scare me.
I can only think of ONE O-line, and NO D-Line in the entire AFCE that I'm even the least bit scared of!! ( I won't use the 'C' word around here, I don't want to get Banned! Cowboys!! )

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I can only think of ONE O-line, and NO D-Line in the entire AFCE that I'm even the least bit scared of!! ( I won't use the 'C' word around here, I don't want to get Banned! Cowboys!! )
I'm confused.