Jersey Count Down #80 !A Special one!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Today we start with 3 WR Greats!! @ #80 WR - Tom Fears:

Fears 3.jpg
Fears_Tom_Action_180-220.jpg

Fears2.jpg
" Immortal!" Doesn't say enough!!

Fears4.jpg

FearsLA.jpg
He also wore # 55, But mostly # 80!

Next Great .. BRUCE!!! OF COURSE!!!

bruce.jpg

Through most of Bruce's Early career his stats matched or surpassed a curtain 49ers Wr who will go nameless on MY thread!! ( name starts with an R)

Bruce1.jpg

Bruce2_Isaac_.jpg
Bruce3.jpg
Brucetouchdown.jpg
bruceisaac.jpg

Can't you just hear the crowd roar " BRUUUCE!!"

Next Great up, WR/WR Coach Henry Ellard:

los-angeles-rams-henry-ellard-291-topps-nfl-1988-american-football-card-23979-p.jpg

los-angeles-rams-henry-ellard-137-topps-1989-nfl-american-football-trading-card-37931-p.jpg
ellard_display_image.jpg
Ellard1.jpg
A Really hard man to catch, as this 49er found out!!
henry_ellard_1989_10_29.jpg

Now we come to WR/DB Bob Boyd:

Boyd_Bob1a_Rams.jpg
Bob_Boyd2.jpg

In the "Old Days" they weren't called Wide Receivers, they were called Ends, That's why on a lot of trading cards you'll see an 'E' under a players name!

Next up DE Gene Brito:

Brito.jpg
Gene Brito1.jpg

He played Both sides of the Ball! ( I had to slip in a defensive player! I a big D guy!)

Next TE Bob Klein:

295_Bob_Klein_football_card.jpg
Bob_Klein.jpg

Klein & Other Rams.jpg
Yes back in 1975 Klein and His Team mates knew how to have Fun too!

Now we have WR Bucky Pope:

Bucky Pope1.jpg
Pope_Bucky1_Rams.jpg

Anyone For 'White's'

And Next WR Billy Waddy:

Waddy2.jpg
Billy Waddy1.jpg

And, So I can Finish with a "D" Player. DE Len Ford:
Some of you may wonder 'Who is He!?!

Ford_Len_HS_180-220.jpg
He was considered the Best DE of his day, and he was on the Cleveland Rams Championship Team!

OK GUY'S YOU KNOW MY CHALLENGE BY NOW, JUMP ON IN!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My favorite Ram of all time and the greatest receiver to ever play the game. Bruuuuuuuuce.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My favorite Ram of all time and the greatest receiver to ever play the game. Bruuuuuuuuce.
you'll GET NO ARGUEMENT FROM ME! I have always contended he's Better than Rice!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really tough to pick which 80 I liked more. Ella's and Bruce are two of my favorite Rams ever. That list though, there's a whole lotta sexy that's worn #80 for the Rams.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
you'll GET NO ARGUEMENT FROM ME! I have always contended he's Better than Rice!!
Seriously when Rice had his record setting year, Bruce was right there with him. One guy wasn't receiving passes from a Hall of Fame QB and was his teams only weapon.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seriously when Rice had his record setting year, Bruce was right there with him. One guy wasn't receiving passes from a Hall of Fame QB and was his teams only weapon.
You noticed that too!!!!!(y)(y):D

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The single greatest offensive play in RAMS history.

“And they won’t catch him today”

Xas21X.gif

The single greatest defensive play in RAMS history came seconds later

Last edited:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The single greatest offensive play in RAMS history.

“And they won’t catch him today”

Xas21X.gif

The single greatest defensive play in RAMS history came seconds later

Suck it Fisher...wait I mean...suck it Fisher.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is the greatest play in RAMS history but every time I look at that replay I can’t help but see Az-Zahir Hakim push #21 Samari Rolle in the back, not that he would have caught him ;) but that was legal right? ...Yeah, that’s what I thought.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man there were some good 80s on this team.

Love,
Captain Obvious

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've been waiting for someone to notice and comment on the ' Fears Photos'! So I can drop a bit-of-Trivia on you! Look carefully!! He's NOT wearing a Face Mask!! Can you imagine in this day and age what could Happen!
TRIVIA: Back in the Old-Day, DE Len Ford, of the Rams, Play like this^! He took an Elbow to the Face, Not only did the blow break his Nose but Fractured both cheekbones! He almost never played again! Until the Rams created a Special Face mask for him, and then he went on to along career!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
As another oldy here its a shame all of the greatness of Henry Ellard in his awesome tiny package is almost swallowed by the greatness of Bruce and Fears . Does'nt mean I EVER have to forget what my eyes have seen and games won (almost)single handedly by Ellard (never forget that 9er game doublecatch off defenders helmet) for a TD and win we never could get over those MF's. What a combination of the greatest route running and hands and so much smarts that Bruce had also but they are still so different. Bruce was so special I can't even start to expound on his skills and abilities. I just wanted to make a great SALUTE to Henry Ellard and every game he played in the Horns. Plus he could teach what he could do also. WOW JUST WOW!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you pinned me down to pick my favorite Ram all time: Bruce

So many amazing Sunday's.

Good man.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
addon.jpg

What better way to Celebrate 'Father's Day' today than to look back at the stats of some of the Rams "Truly Great" WR's! Really Fathers to the Rams Tradition of GREAT Receivers! And here we have 5 of them ..

* WR - Tom Fears- 1948-1956
Fears5.jpg
Tom was Drafted by the Cleveland Rams in the 14th Round, #103, in 1945!
In his 9 seasons he played 87 games and had 400 Rec./for 5397 Yds./a 13.5 aver./38 TD's/w/ a long of 80 Yds.
In 6 post season games he had 30 rec. for 587 Yds./a 19.6 aver./and 5 TD's w/ a long of 73 Yds./he also had 2 INT's playing "D" for 37 Yds. and a TD!
He was a Pro Bowler and All Pro in 1950, and of course He's now in the Hall of Fame!

* And then there's Isaac B-R-U-C-E!!! - 1994-2007
isaacbruce8.jpg

He was a 2nd Round Draft pick # 33. a 4 time Pro Bowler in his 14 seasons.
He played 197 games and had 1613 Targets/942 Rec./ for 14109 Yds./a 15.0 aver./ 84 TD's w/ a long of 80 Yds.
In His 9 Post Season games he had 83 Targets/44 Rec./and 759 Yds. w/a aver. of 17.3/and 4TD's w/ a long of 77 Yds.
He also did a little passing in his career, he went 3 of 7 for 81 Yds. and 1 INT.
He was also named Player of the week 4 times, Wk. #1 & #7 in 1995 / Wk. # 5 in 1999 & Wk. 10 in 2002.

Next the man Bruce replaced!!
* WR - Henry Ellard- 1983-1993
Ellard3.jpg

Henry was a 2nd Round Draft pick, #32 in 1983. A 3 time Pro Bowler and 2 Time All Pro in his 11 seasons with the Rams!
He played in 158 games and had 593 Rec. for 9761 Yds./a 16.5 aver. and 48 TD's w/a long of 81 Yds. He also Rushed 18 times for 55 Yds.
In his 10 Post season games he had 28 Rec. for 419 Yds./a 15.0 aver. w/ 1 TD.
He also handled 135 PR's in the Reg. season for 1527 Yds./and 4 TD's w/ a long of 83 Yds. and 19 KR's for 364 Yds.
He also had 11 PR's in post season for 94 Yds./ and 9 KR's for 157 Yds. HIS CAREER RECEPTION AVER. IS 16.9
These stats are probably why he ended up coaching for the Rams too!! But that's another story for another day!
" Does anyone want to argue that these 3 Player^ weren't our Best!!"

* WR - Billy Waddy-1977- 82
Billy Waddy1.jpg
Billy was a 2nd Round Draft pick,#50. in his 6 seasons as a Ram he played in 71 games, and had 120 Rec. for 1966 Yds. /a aver. of 16.4/ and 10 TD's w/ a long of 68 Yds.
In his 7 Post season games he had 11 Rec. for 219 Yds./a aver. of 19.9/ and 1 TD of 50 Yds.
He also had 43 career PR's for 274 Yds.

* TE - Bob Klein- 1969-76
Bob_Klein1.jpg
Bob was a 1st Round pick, #21. In his 8 seasons with the Team he played in 102 games, he had 128 Rec. for 1606 Yds./ a 12,5 aver. w/ 15 TD's/ a long of 44 Yds,

Klein & Other Rams 1975.jpg

I just love this picture of Klein and other members of the Team "Training!!"

OK gentlemen, I really need more input ..
Johnny%205.jpg
There has to be a lot more Fond memories you'd like to share! and I KNOW there has to be more Video on these GREATS!! Make it a Happy Fathers Day for me !! You'll have fun too!!:mrburnsevil:

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg