Jersey Count Down #77(W/a Player we dislike!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good Morning Lady's & Gent's! Today we'll start with a couple of Oldies, RB - Vitamin Smith:

Vitamin_Smith.jpg

Vitamin Smith2.jpg

And DT - George Strugar:

george%20strugar.jpg

George_Strugar.jpg

And next we have, MY vote for worst 1st round choice by the Rams EVER! O-Lineman Jason Smith:

Jason Smith1.jpg
I don't believe I'll have many disagree with that statement!

jason_smith_rams.jpg

jason-smith-rams.jpg
He wasn't much good for doing anything else but what he's doing in this^ Photo!

Next we have a pretty Good O-Lineman, OT Doug France:
France1.jpg
doug_france_1979_12_09.jpg

France2.jpg

Unfortunately these are the best photos I have of Doug, he deserves better!

Next Man up, DE - Gary Jeter:

Jeter1.jpg
Jeter2.gif

And Now another O-Lineman, Grant Williams:

grant_williams.jpg

Grant williams1.jpg
Williams3.jpg
Grant was well respected by his team mates!

Williams 2.jpg
PROOF! of my above statement!

And all of a sudden, This is all I have for today! Jump in with your Pic's, Players, and Comments Lady's and Gents!! ( I know there's at least a couple of women out their, so I wanted to be more inclusive today!)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doug France and Gary Jeter, a couple I'd forgotten with this number that were pretty darned good. Nice place holder until tomorrows number :)

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Forgot to post saying we'd broke the 7m second barrier, currently stands at 6,922,860

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick story, I remember going to a game in 93 to see the RAMS play the Giants in Giants Stadium. I wanted to see this rookie the RAMS just drafted out of Notre Dame named Jerome Bettis :cool:. We had pretty good seats on the RAMS side of the field and looking out at the RAMS on the sidelines I remember saying to my friend, look at the size of 77 o_O. I had no idea who he was so I looked in the program and it was rookie Darryl Ashmore. He stood out like a Giant amongst men. It’s one of those moments that I’ve never forgot for some odd reason. Anyhow, Bettis ended up getting shut down by that great Giants defense and the RAMS got beat, the end.

6’7” 310 lbs. Darryl Ashmore

upload_2015-6-25_9-54-44.png

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doug France and Gary Jeter, a couple I'd forgotten with this number that were pretty darned good. Nice place holder until tomorrows number :)
Yes! TOMORROW should be a Nice Day!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Forgot to post saying we'd broke the 7m second barrier, currently stands at 6,922,860
I was just wondering last night, where we were on this^ count down!:LOL::D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Quick story, I remember going to a game in 93 to see the RAMS play the Giants in Giants Stadium. I wanted to see this rookie the RAMS just drafted out of Notre Dame named Jerome Bettis :cool:. We had pretty good seats on the RAMS side of the field and looking out at the RAMS on the sidelines I remember saying to my friend, look at the size of 77 o_O. I had no idea who he was so I looked in the program and it was rookie Darryl Ashmore. He stood out like a Giant amongst men. It’s one of those moments that I’ve never forgot for some odd reason. Anyhow, Bettis ended up getting shut down by that great Giants defense and the RAMS got beat, the end.

6’7” 310 lbs. Darryl Ashmore

View attachment 7308

Thanks for posting this T-REX, I couldn't find a photo of him when I was looking around!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Doug France....Jason Smith should never be brought up....Never....Ever...Ever....in the same sentence as France. Jake either..Jeter had #77?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Doug France....Jason Smith should never be brought up....Never....Ever...Ever....in the same sentence as France. Jake either..Jeter had #77?
It was done as an 'Ultimate contrast' in players!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
RB - Vitamin Smith - 1949-53
Vitamin Smith2.jpg
He put up some decent stats in his 5 Seasons w/ the Rams. In 59 games he had 208 rushing attempts for 669 Yds./and 7 TD's/Plus 59 rec. for 1025 Yds./ a 17.4 aver./and 12 TD's w/ a long of 67 Yds.
He also had 75 PR's for 814 Yds. w/ 1 TD. and 57 KR's for 1453 Yds. w/ 3 TD's/ a 25.5 aver.
In his 5 Post season games he had 26 Att. for 41 Yds./ and 7 Rec. for 110 Yds./ a 15.7 aver.

* It Bares repeating OT Jason Smith: Was the Worst 1st round pick the Rams ever made ..
jason-smith2.jpg
" And he shouldn't have even been allowed to even carry the other players gear!!"

* OT Jake Long:
Jake Long2.jpg

We all had such high hopes for this once great OT ..
Long3.jpg
.. But Sadly injuries caught-up with him!

* OT - Doug France - 1975-81 Here's a 1st Round pick, #20, that really worked out well!
France2.jpg

He's a 2 time Pro Bowler, 1977 and 1978. and he played in 11 Post season games. He's also another good one for my "Stats Don't Mean Squat List!"

* DE - Gary Jeter- 1983-1988:
Jeter2.gif

I like this card^ because he seems to be running over a 49er player!
In Gary's 6 seasons he played in 79 games/ had 1 FR/ and 45 sacks!
In 7 post season games he had 4 sack and a Safety!

* OUR FUTURE "NAME" OT- Isaiah Battle:
77Isaiah_Battle.jpg

Time will tell all!

Join in, the water's fine!

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Our current #77 has been one of our best free agent signings in several years. Andrew Whitworth may be 37 this year, but he is a rock at LT. If we can get 2 more good years from him, before passing the torch, (Noteboom?) it would be a major victory for the front office.

ap_17222142633361.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Love that we are keeping these @DaveFan'51 posts going!

Ya our current #77 is the best LT we've had in a long, long time. J.Long was OK but just wasn't healthy enough. Not since OP have we had one good enough to protect our QB's blindside. Even Bulger became a human punching bag for DE's, especially in 7-step Martz drop era.